Liverpool 2-2 West Ham Utd (11/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by brooking1966 »

Great point in the circumstances, I believe the hard work put in throughout the team paid dividends massively.

Payets tracking seemed to put fire in his belly, give me goosebumps, & the team followed his lead, great freekick. I think when he works up a sweat he's at his best, would like to see him do a few clever runs in behind ala Ozil as he has at the least the same pace. He was absolutely knackered at the end which bodes well for him getting fully fit.

Obiang was my motm left & right footed, body strength, the pace, power, commitment & always on the front foot.

Antonio the lion heart ran himself into the ground caused panic, but we need to look after him more, as in stop giving him 2 man's job so he can conserve energy for banging goals. On set pieces by all means bring back AC, but leave Mike uptop so we can have an outlet.

Noble if the great tackle on Milner & block tracking the runner in 90mins makes a good game to pro Noblers, i sadly disagree. For the majority off the game he's a passenger, shadow boxing mainly due to his lack of athleticism. If he's in trouble he can't ever power away with the ball at his feet ala Obiang who does it with consummate ease. Did you see near the end on the right of the 18yd box where he had an easy lob to execute to give AC a 6yd header which he skewed baldy. I still don't get how he plays in the starting XI,

Reid Maori Warrior) should definitely be Captain as he was before the Arsenal transfer hiccup. He is a leader who is very consistent always setting the front foot example.

Randolph 1 mistake 1 worldy give him a break, still my No.1 as he is so much more composed, which can ease defenders minds.

AC off the bench for me when the other teams tiring as a 1 up top he's too slow, start fletcher bring AC on 60mins, also protect him from the dreaded injury jinx.

Lanzini needs Kouyate & Obiang behind him as he's still a bit lightweight a bit like Noble, but he has more pace, skill, vision, & goals.

Ayew is still unfit, thought he could of buried that header, but possibly unsighted with defender jumping.

Nord was rubbish at RB but thought looked better at CB.

Hope we go 4-4-2 vs Burnley especially at home where we should put them on the back foot from the off.

COYI
beckton

Post by beckton »

RM6 wrote:This will be a cricket score then. At least Slav's last game will be memorable the two bob ********.

Oh dear. :D
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

I don't care what the media says about us.

It's a shame we didn't seem to have any pace on the pitch in the final 20 minutes. Would have been great to have an option to his them on the counter. I really think we miss that. Ayew is pretty sharp but who else have we got?
rciron
Has liked: 297 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

full credit to all, how many of us would not have taken a point before the start?, lots of plusses a few negs but a great platform leading us into probably the most important run of fixtures this season :crest:
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

RM6 won't be back until we lose again.
Boo Boo
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by Boo Boo »

ironfireman wrote:Always really liked carragher as a player but as a pundit he comes over as an arrogant pr*ck
There's a perfectly logical reason for this.
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

Vienna wrote:RM6 won't be back until we lose again.
Reading Sam's book for the 17th time.
Ingwe
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

Jeez Garragher's a whining gobshite. Had to turn Sky off. And in the game, how the heel was Llalana not yellow carded for mouthing off at Clattenberg? Are they lovers?
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I do agree with the pundits regarding Payet's goal. I thought the GK's positioning was awful and too far to the right giving himself a lot to do to get over and save it. IMO a better keeper would've saved that and wouldn't have started in that base position, Payet knew exactly what he was doing there so fair play to him.

Karius or Mignolet? They're never winning the league with those two
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Didn't see the game but what a great point.
It's nice to have some momentum going into Wednesday. Coyi
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

Superb point all things considered, but we absolutely must back it up with 3 points against Burnley. Pains me to say it but I do think a new keeper may need to be recruited sooner rather than later.

Wouldn't worry about Carragher. Always been a grade A wally who's bias is mind numingly predictable like all the ex red scouse pros.
Boo Boo

Post by Boo Boo »

brooking1966 wrote:Noble. Did you see near the end on the right of the 18yd box where he had an easy lob to execute to give AC a 6yd header which he skewed baldy.
A bit harsh mate, he's receding at worst.
Gep

Post by Gep »

I never watch post match analysis me. They man muck on the bigger teams it makes me sick. Once that final whistle has gone, on to another channel it goes at my place.
Boo Boo

Post by Boo Boo »

Gep wrote:I never watch post match analysis me. They man muck on the bigger teams it makes me sick. Once that final whistle has gone, on to another channel it goes at my place.
Or to put it another way, you're married.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote:My match summary,
Unexpected but welcome point, should give the squad a good confidence boost coming into Tuesdays game, although being so close, I'm hoping it's not taken too much out of them energy wise.
Nordtveit had his best game for us (that was not too difficult though as he's been s**t so far)
Randy Howler for there 2nd goal, but more than redeemed himself with the world class save.
Lanzini/Payet both good players, but only start one, bring on the other when the starter tires, need another more physical/tackling player in midfield.
Obiang was immense today and my MOTM
Ahem!
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2616 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Thought the claret and blue thread was only just hanging on today and thank god we are out of that nightmare run of fixtures. I think we lacked shape at times and stood off them too much, especially in our third of the pitch.

On a more positive note, hopefully the point as well as coming from being gives the team a bit of confidence as boy, do they need it!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

ageing hammer wrote:Add another hammer to the injured list....ME!!

I'm in flipping agony here, I was having a nap with the intention of getting up for the game at 4.15.
At 4 O'clock the missus decides now is the time for a leg over. Now any of you at my age will know these opportunities don't come around too often so in my efforts to jump out of bed, run over and lock the bloody door all in one sweeping movement Ageing forgets his undercrackers are down around his ankles and goes arse over tit taking everything on top of the bedside locker with me and stubbing my toe in the process.

My toe is swelled up and throbbing ( not the only thing mind ) but I still managed to complete the task and
only missed the first goal.

I really had to take one for the team today lol

Injury update:

Still Swelled up and now gone all black and blue, ( my toe that is )

Have to walk on my heel to get around so looking doubtful for Wednesday's game.

**** I'm still pissed I think I just quoted myself :D
Douthy
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 132 likes

Post by Douthy »

If we had held on for 10 mins against Spurs we'd of taken 5 points from Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool away and Arsenal at Home.

Instead we've taken 2 from 12.

Margins and that.
Gep

Post by Gep »

Boo Boo wrote:Or to put it another way, you're married.

In one! :wink:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Loved the moment Noble never gave up what looked like a hopeless situation with the ball running out towards out of play and beating Milner to the ball before earning the luck he deserved by playing it off the corner flag which eventually resulted in a corner.

Proper Captains performance today and thank f*** Bilic resisted all temptation to sub him off this time. He made sure the team was focused till the very end.