Swansea 1-4 West Ham Utd (26/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hatori

Re: Swansea vs West Ham: match thread

Post by hatori »

If antonio could play football he would be at a top 4 side
Loads of clubs haven't fancied him over the last few years.

Needs to play a more attacking role. Getting a bit exposed technically as a wing back.

Would mould him into a striker myself.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

fmgod wrote:We can play better than that but really really good all round performance and result, just a shame we've got Manchester United next and not some other bottom ten side, could keep the run going. Felt like we actually looked settled for once Norveldt played really well, Ayew scored, Fergouli assist, it was like our summer signings turned up
f*** Man U - they don't like playing us, and we're going to beat them. Maureen's post-match whine is going to be magnificent.
Coops
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

That was brilliant, COYI.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2483 likes
Total likes: 4383 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Leicester away next on New Years Eve.
Irrons
Has liked: 1290 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Irrons »

Great result and an improved performance but make no mistake, Swansea are one of the poorest teams in the league and have conceded a whopping 41 goals in 18 games so far this season. Great to be back midtable but let's not get too carried away just yet
Last edited by Irrons on Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

hatori wrote:If antonio could play football he would be at a top 4 side
Loads of clubs haven't fancied him over the last few years.

Needs to play a more attacking role. Getting a bit exposed technically as a wing back.

Would mould him into a striker myself.

Apparently he weren't a wingback today. Maybe we were watching the same dodgy stream. :?
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Not great, but I'll take it. Still need to keep the ball better, but I'll blame it on no Lanzini.
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

Along with others I have been very critical of Nordtveit, but today he was a class above every one on the pitch. He read the game well mad the right decision every time he was called into action. He was good in possession and passed the ball well. I thought Kouyate was poor in the fist half and gets lost and is constantly out of position when he plays in midfield.
The confidence we will pick up from today is almost as valuable as the three points, and you can see the extra spring in the players steps and every one was tracking back even in time added on. The fact we went on to score a 4th after we conceded a consolation goal shows how far we have come since the Arsenal collapse.
I also think Slaven deserves some credit for the tactics, and Randolph has been excellent, so the need for a keeper has diminished. We still desperately need a right back and a striker, but the table our prospects and the quality of player we can attract all look a lot brighter than they did a fortnight ago.
Happyhammer93
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Happyhammer93 »

3 wins on the trot now... massive game vs Leicester coming up... need to win to put some proper breathing space between us and the bottom half and give us a chance to look up to the top half of the table... not the greatest of performances but a wins a win and good to see Ayew, Carroll and Antonio all grabbing a goal and another assist for Payet
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

coyi27 wrote:Not great, but I'll take it. Still need to keep the ball better, but I'll blame it on no Lanzini.
To be honest it felt like Obiang was missing more than Lanzini to me at least
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

coyi27 wrote:Not great, but I'll take it. Still need to keep the ball better, but I'll blame it on no Lanzini.

With him out of form, I felt we played much better as a team today without him. I want the Lanzini of last season to return back to the side. We didn't miss him today.
Ofuzz
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Ofuzz »

mumbles87 wrote:4 games again I said to my spud mate that we need 10 points in next 5 games to then kick start this season

Part one achieved now please get a right back and a striker in and let's get some table climbing done
Yup. What he said
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1068 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Thought first half they were better than us but missed a goalscorer and confidence.

Obiang for Noble please next game, he was absolutely shocking today, cost us the goal, misplaced passes and generally looked knackered and the game passed him by.

Nordtveit was fantastic today and never gave his winger the chance to get the cross in.

Carroll kept his decent record up, generally a very good win which flattered us a bit to be honest.

I liked Jack Cork - kept going and was their best player by a long way.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

You're not wrong Pezza. Noble's performance today along with his part in Swansea's goal just about sums up his season. I'd personally like to see Fernandes along side Lanzini and Obiang in midfield
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

I didn't watch but i'm pleased a lot of fans are giving nordveit a good rating on a match by match basis. We're still improving slowly and could do with a good performance against leicester, a win.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 865 likes
Total likes: 4266 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

As solid a player as Obiang is, I actually quite enjoyed him not being in the team today. Not a knock on him at all don't get me wrong, but we seemed to be able to attack much quicker on breaks with Kouyate in the midfield and the rest more forward minded.
Bergen Hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Bergen Hammer »

Great win today! Maybe we didn't play as well as we know we can, but 10 from 12 possible points grinded out and I'm chuffed with it!!

Been really critical about Nordtveit (especially as a central defender..) but today I'll hold my hands up and say well done, very solid.

Reid gets my man of the match though, when he plays like that he is top class and so important for us. Good to see Kouyate back in midfield too.

:scarfer:
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

After we be Leicester, we'll be taking some great confidence into the Man U game. - expect us to be 6 points better off come the third of Jan.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

simonirons wrote:After we be Leicester, we'll be taking some great confidence into the Man U game. - expect us to be 6 points better off come the third of Jan.

After the dreadful start to the season that will be ****ing brilliant if we go into the New Year on 28 points. I shall definitely raise a toast to that
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

For me there is always a space in the team for Lanzini. Even when not playing to his standards I still expect him to keep the ball better than anyone. Wouldn't mind seeing the mdifield trio of him Obiang and Kouyate then we'd have solidity, athleticism to cover the ground and better ball retention in the middle of the park allowing Payet and Ayew to make better use of the ball. Would play that formation against Leicester with Antonio up front.