Leicester City 1-0 West Ham Utd (31/12/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

BALAGE The Hungarian

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by BALAGE The Hungarian »

It all seriousness, with how we are playing tactically of passing it sideways around the box, Defoe would be near useless.[/quote]

Well i see you point and that is im worried about
Ingwe
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

Leicester are a crappy team even without that rat-faced little **** Vardy. So glad he was so full of his own shitty self belief that he priced himself out of joining us or other clubs interested.
Let's hope they're soon playing championship football where they belong. Huth is a thug and always has been.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Thought we looked a lot more fluid with Lanzini and feghouli on and just lacked a dynamic striker. We'd have got at least a point out of that with slimani up front. Feghouli really does try and get involved and his movement is good. He's just looking a little rusty from having far too little gametime this season. Not a bad performance bar the first 30 mins, just a shame about the result.
Devs Hampton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Devs Hampton »

Not surprised to get beat, more surprised we have as many points as we have to be honest. We are a poor side rescued by far worse below us in the table. Love the guy but what Slav keeps seeing to say we play well is worrying to me .
BALAGE The Hungarian

Aren't we getting Demba Ba? A bloke who might be fit by April or who might never play again, depending on who you believe.

FFS, why do we always play with one hand tied behind our backs through not having one mobile centre forward who can score some goals? Oh yeah I forgot, we have owners who see Andy Carroll as a top striker with a great injury record.[/quote]

Your statement is absolutely correct.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 768 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

so feghouli isn't going to africa and ayew is?

not entirely unhappy with that to be honest.
BALAGE The Hungarian

Beavis Danzig wrote:so feghouli isn't going to africa and ayew is?

not entirely unhappy with that to be honest.

me too. Feghouli was actually quiet good. Ayew ? Can we get 3 million for him and let him go?
Beavis Danzig
Total likes: 768 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

much prefer manu coming deeper too, either on the ball or next to the bloke on the ball. i reckon our best midfield two is obiang and lanzini.

i know we lost, but it was nice after the utilitarian point mining to have all our best ball players on the pitch stringing a few passes together. just wish one of them was a striker.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

johnnyb wrote:Oh yeah I forgot, we have owners who see Andy Carroll as a top striker with a great injury record.
I think that it's more a case of being scared of spunking 30 or 40 million on someone who turns out to be the next Andy Carroll. Less than 100 games in five seasons would have most chairmen not wanting to repeat the experience.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

A disappointing loss that...back to the drawing board...we needed a confidence momentum going into the Man U game...our performance fell short today, but there is hope..
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4380 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The Feghouli sub killed us.

Between their goal and that sub we had 16 shots. After it we managed 4.

What is the point of bringing on yet another winger, and taking off one of the blokes who actually attacks the crosses?
Bernie_Lama
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Bernie_Lama »

We were well worth a point at least today. However despite all the possession against a deep lying Leicester we didn't create much. Nordveit had a good game showed some great passing and good interceptions however he cant overlap like Cresswell. Also Antonio can't cross a ball so we had no delivery from the right. Lanzini was the only player that looked like picking a through ball out. Kouyate is a better centre back than centre mid and him and Noble don't retain possession well enough. I love noble but obiang is ahead of him right now.

We have more problems that don't look like they will be solved in this window. 12 mil on a decent right back would be a start and give us a better balance. Then a new striker, then a new defensive midfielder.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

We had them doing what we do defending a lead...they were hemmed in and we gave that initiative away...was a strange turn of events..
Bernie_Lama
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Bernie_Lama »

I'd like to see a midfield with lanzini and obiang and kouyate replacing ogbonna who is a liability.
BALAGE The Hungarian

bubbles1966 wrote:The Feghouli sub killed us.

Between their goal and that sub we had 16 shots. After it we managed 4.

What is the point of bringing on yet another winger, and taking off one of the blokes who actually attacks the crosses?

Actually you are right. I felt the same. Fletcher?
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Can anyone do a bit of digging and find a long lost African relative of Noble?
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

On the way home now and not too despondent after that.
We had our chances and Schmeichel had to make a couple of decent saves.

Reid MOTM for me - thought he was superb today.
Nordveit put in a really good shift too.

Had to laugh when Antonio chased Schmeichel around for the ball when he thought it hadn't gone out. :lol:

On the negative side.
Our corners were woeful today.
Kouyate was poor and Andre Ayew does not look like a £20m quid player and he'll never repay that fee back IMO.
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Beavis Danzig wrote:problem is we all knew antonio was never going to make that pass.
Scratchy wrote:Indeed. I've heard it said that the fact he's not been coached into having a natural technique is a strength but I just don't agree. He has a knack of getting on the end of balls and sticking it in the net and you can't fault that but **** me his decision making and touch is shocking for this level.
Make you both right, yet without him we'd probably be sitting rock bottom as he's our top scorer and out in front by a 5 goal margin until the next bloke. Crazy.

For what it's worth I thought we did enough especially in the 2nd half to get something out of the game today but there's still a distinct aura of... something. Something holding us back, hindering the mentality. f*** knows but it's like a disease we need to flush out of our system sooner rather than later and get back into enjoying our football and not playing on eggshells.
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

tavbet wrote: Payet needs a rest.
He had a two or three game rest at the start of the season. He's hardly over done it in any games since then has he? His problem is mental, not physical imho.
Last edited by mrbluesky on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tavbet
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by tavbet »

The thought just occurred to me that we could keep picking holes in today's performance but, having just watched that shower of sh1te disguised as a football match between the Mickeys and Man City perhaps we are being a little harsh.....