West Ham Utd 0-2 Manchester Utd (02/01/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Re: West Ham United V Manchester United: Match Thread

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

The lack of consistency was laughable. There was a tackle by one of theirs on one of ours about two mins later (west side) where the fella capsised ours from behind. Nothing given, not even a yellow.

FWIW I thought that was our best performance at home this season. The effort and good passing reminded me of the play we saw last season. Most exciting game at the OS if I'm honest.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Sir Trevor the Brewking wrote:I have thought for years that the big clubs do get decisions over smaller clubs but not because officials or the authorities are inherently and explicitly corrupt, but because the officials are indirectly influenced and swayed by the actions and words of the managers of the big clubs.
I have always believed this - it's far, far easier to err on the side of the big clubs than on the likes of ours because there are less consequences and it's human nature to take the easier option.

I still think that holds true however I am no longer believe that corruption can definitely be ruled out. The managers cheat. Players do too - witness Jones last night. Why not the referees? If a referee can benefit by his conscious or unconscious bias by getting the big games/ cup finals etc, why wouldn't they then also consider the additional potential benefit of possible financial benefit that could be gained from betting syndicates, etc for taking the opportunity to make ***** decisions such as those we saw last night?

None of that is to say that Dean is corrupt. I think he's in the I-want-to-ref-the-big-games-so-keep-the-big-boys-happy camp combined with him being a narcissistic twonk who believes that we go to see the likes of him just as much as we go to see Dimi, Cress, etc and so he has to add drama to the spectacle.
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

When will we find out if they rescind the red?
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

The Gibbins wrote:He is a complete spud head, by far the weirdest looking footballer in the league, he is a mixture between Pob and a potato
StevePottsGoalsReel

The Gibbins wrote:He is a complete spud head, by far the weirdest looking footballer in the league, he is a mixture between Pob and a potato
StevePottsGoalsReel

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ look at that! just one expression, and still refs fall for his acting!
StevePottsGoalsReel

warp wrote:^ look at that! just one expression, and still refs fall for his acting!
To be fair to Mike Dean, he didn't have any choice but to give Feghouli a red card once he saw the horrific facial disfigurement on Jones post-challenge. Unfortunately for both of them it's been there for the last...

checks age of Phil Jones

... 24(!?) years and isn't showing signs of clearing up any time soon.
Boo Boo
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Boo Boo »

sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Nothing new to add re Mike Dean, totally ruined the game which in turn makes it impossible to give any opinion on how we did or did not perform on the night.

I was massively underwhelmed by Man Utd but ultimately they got the job done, all be it with a huge helping hand from Dean.

So that is it, another defeat (and another one inflicted by them) that could easily have been avoided had referee decisions not gone so horribly against us. We may or may not get the ban overturned but we can never get that game back.

One thing that has been overlooked a little too much in all the Dean hype is the fact that Antonio could and should have totally changed the game. That chance along with the one that fell to him at Leicester really do highlight the fact that we are crying out for an out and out goalscorer.
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by fester »

I am 100% of the view that corruption was at play yesterday.

I don't want to dwell on it now, but I felt sick to my stomach yesterday and angry until about 4 this morning when I finally got to sleep.

Why is no-one actually allowed to stand up and say 'You cheated, you bald-headed, turtle-necked cu.nt'?
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

You want to vomit? Read this then (first few pages :lol: )

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-refe ... ad.421806/
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Not a lot I can add that hasn't been said already.

We showed a lot of character, but ultimately when Jose anticipated Andy's appearance we were doomed. Adding more pace and guile did for us.

At the Boleyn the place would have been rocking, down to 10 due to complete incompetency and against that calibre of opponent we would have created a cauldron. Last night in the BML, if felt no more ferocious than a couple of candles.

I can't really fault any of our lot again. But have to say that the last 2 games have reiterated my belief Antonio is not and never will be a striker. Yes De Gea made a great save when the chance we just had to take came begging, but Michail made it easy for him. He's a modern day Marlon Harewood. A lot of heart, not much head and frequently as frustrating.
pedros74

Post by pedros74 »

Don't post much but enough is enough for to long we have been on the receiving end of bad officiating which cost us champ league last year . Replay the game refund the fans and apologise to the fans that paid to watch such shoddy officiating whufc should insist we never have him offiate a game involving whu ever again . Us as fans shouldn't let this carry on anymore if the fa don't look at the situations they keep getting in then they should be looked at themselves.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

pedros74 wrote:Don't post much but enough is enough for to long we have been on the receiving end of bad officiating which cost us champ league last year . Replay the game refund the fans and apologise to the fans that paid to watch such shoddy officiating whufc should insist we never have him offiate a game involving whu ever again . Us as fans shouldn't let this carry on anymore if the fa don't look at the situations they keep getting in then they should be looked at themselves.
How many millions did we miss out on by not getting champions league last season.

The points were taken from us by either bad refereeing / linesman decisions or crooked ones.

Sully should do a Sheffield United and try and sue the FA. :D
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:You want to vomit? Read this then (first few pages )

Apparently Jones "is not that type of player" (i.e. the type to feign injury to avoid a caution and get a fellow professional sent off).

Well, that's ok then.

Carry on. :thup:
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:You want to vomit? Read this then (first few pages )

Yeah...and apparently he "wasn't play acting" either, whilst holding the wrong leg.

It's obvious he was merely trying to convey to Dean through the art of mime how excruciating the pain would have been if he'd actually been studded. Multiple possible outcomes of a tackle should now be taken into account when a Man U player is involved and red cards issued accordingly, in line with the technology first seen in the film 'Minority Report'.

Not sure how much was contortion on Jones' face during that drama performance and how much of the twisted expression was just down to the high levels of 'ugly content' anyway that are ever-present on the tw*ts face?

Like to see how he reacted then when he got those Godawful tats done on his arm. :lol:
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:You want to vomit? Read this then (first few pages :lol: )

A bloke on that thread admitted to having to Google Pierluigi Collina's name to find out who he was.

Utter plums. Their average age must be about 14.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

antonio is equally the hardest worker on the team and a luxury player.

he doesn't excel at any role, but his graft, determination and goals means we need him in the squad.

doesn't have the composure or hold up play to be a striker. doesn't have the link up play, crossing or playmaking of a modern winger, doesn't have the defensive mind of a full/wing back, but still every time i go home from the match i think he was one of the players who kept us in the match, with his name on the scoresheet often as not.

if we could break down the bloke and give his physicality to feghouli, his poaching ability to lanzini and his determination to dimi, we'd be world beaters.
Hammer32

Post by Hammer32 »

I am sure a mike dean apology is on the way....