FAC3: West Ham Utd 0-5 Manchester City (06/01/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Oldammer

Re: West Ham United V Manchester City: Match Thread

Post by Oldammer »

From the comforts of ya arm chair.......... Do one!!!! COYI!! I'm West Ham Till I Die! I'm West Ham Till I die![/quote]

You are on a wind up, shirley.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

I had a laugh in 130 siinging some old songs and doing the okey cokey. Some of the younguns seemed to enjoy it to.

Doing the conga at Reading 6-0 down was a laugh to and a funny memory.

According to kumb i should be miserable tho and not have some fun to laugh it off. Say it again thank f*** most matchday fans aint as miserable as this place.
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

From the post match interview Slav said AC had not trained and was unwell with the flu but still played . He took him off as a precaution after we were 4-0 down. Also Noble had been unwell for 2 days too which is why he didn't start. Okay, this was a disastrous night but time to move on.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I'm really excited about the Palace game
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

As much as the OS is appalling me overall and I struggle to get with it... I do recall us playing 'Teenage Kicks' at the end of at least one or two Boleyn Ground thumpings too. :shock:
Hammer32

Post by Hammer32 »

I assume after the penalty the players just gave up, yes the Man U sending off was utterly demoralizing but the players cannnot just give in and stop trying when they feel hard done to by the ref.

Embarrassing and unprofessional.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

hadleighhammer wrote:I had a laugh in 130 siinging some old songs and doing the okey cokey. Some of the younguns seemed to enjoy it to.

Doing the conga at Reading 6-0 down was a laugh to and a funny memory.

According to kumb i should be miserable tho and not have some fun to laugh it off. Say it again thank **** most matchday fans aint as miserable as this place.
Glad those defeats bring you such happy memories ... me I prefer to win ... but then each to their own ...
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Hammer32 wrote:I assume after the penalty the players just gave up, yes the Man U sending off was utterly demoralizing but the players cannnot just give in and stop trying when they feel hard done to by the ref.

Embarrassing and unprofessional.

This 100%, I feel exactly the same and it's happened many times this season, this ain't a one off when many go hiding and can't take going a goal down. They capitulate and virtually give in everytime. It also doesn't help when the manager seems to throw the towel in during those games also by leaving subs until the last knockings. He doesn't look concerned enough to want to change such fantastic performances. Baffling management at times this season from him.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

PortCityIron wrote:Top drawer stuff here. Almost makes it all worth it

https://youtu.be/gwquoWTdC7U

Outstanding! Cheered me up a bit, that has. No one will beat our fans for humour. Funny as f*** on so many levels.
Colours never run

hammer1975 wrote:Had enough of this higher moral ground stance with the officials that Slav has taken

Not an excuse for how we collapsed but he needs to publically give the referees some **** so they don't give every 50:50 against us

It might show some leadership to the players too - put up some fight

I felt that last season about him. Yes it's good to be seen as a class act saying the right things most of the time, but every once in a while giving the officials dogs abuse openly in the media wouldn't harm even if it means Bilic has to fork out for the odd tiny fine occasionally. The calls against us during the past 2 seasons have been outrageous yet Bilic seemingly puts up with it, as that's the impression I get. He might think he's being clever by only ever being respectful in that way to officials but when they have been constantly stiffing us it's about time someone defended our corner properly and made a real point of saying this has been getting ridiculous and no sign of even getting close to a fair fight, let alone it swinging back in our favour.
Colours never run

Hammer Laffers wrote:I thought we played really well....until they scored then we fell apart

f*** me, your levels of West Ham performance expectations must have seriously dropped if you reckon we played very well before Ogbonnas clumsy challenge. We were at best ok at times but still mainly battening down the hatches and I was feeling it was only a matter of time before they score. I'm only surprised we held out till the half hour mark before their next 3 goals before half time.

I really do struggle to see the positives throughout that performance from start to finish at Home, I really do.

Our worst ever Home defeat in the FA Cup. Horrendous, gutless performance.
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

Colours never run wrote:
Our worst ever Home defeat in the FA Cup. Horrendous, gutless performance.
Except we weren't at home.
Colours never run

Essex bill wrote:
Except we weren't at home.
Of course it's not. Never will be. :crest:

I wish Kumb did a Poll to see how many are happy with the move now. Just to really ram the point home how many people truly like or dislike the place.

We were told categorically it was 85%. I'd genuinely be god smacked if less than 95% now ain't happy with the move. Not that it'll change anything but just to stress the point to the Board how much people truly think of it all. I get the impression they think it's only a tiny minority who ain't happy with it and would love to see them question the results.
Dalton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Dalton »

The performance last night was a disgrace and the whole club is a shambles from top to bottom. Our transfer policy this window is the equivalent of going round to each club with a begging bowl and hoping that one of them will give the club a half decent player or two.

I have stated on previous posts on other threads that relegation is on the cards and based on the garbage on show yesterday, as supporters we must all realise that this is now a very real possibility. Shame on the owners for peddling their lies and false promises; the supporters are always the ones who suffer.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Bilic now being caned for not having a pop at refs after the game!?

Have a word with yourselves chaps. :thdn:
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Does anyone genuinely think that the team would be playing better if we were still at Upton Park? Those players aren't good enough regardless of the venue.
herry

Post by herry »

Many FA cup disappointments and embarrassments over the years but for me this is the worst. A 0-5 result in this competition is something special.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

IronworksDave wrote:Glad those defeats bring you such happy memories ... me I prefer to win ... but then each to their own ...
As a fan for all those years, I would have thought you'd know that our support uses humour in times of adversity. I remember doing the hokey cokey at Old Trafford when we getting spanked and several thousand fans singing let's all have a disco.

It's a fond memory of just how good our support is, even when the players are ****.

Those own you talk about number thousands.
westhamtim

Post by westhamtim »

Some important points:

- Up until the penalty we were obviously still in the game. For the first 15 minutes we actually played well. Lanizini, before disappearing from the face of the planet, was everywhere and Feghouli showed some nice touches.

- For the penalty Zabaleta initially came up wagging his finger as if to say "its not a penalty" and putting his arm on Ogbonna in a move of solidarity. The BBC footage showed a split second of him wagging his finger from the main camera but didn't show any of it from the close-up angles. If anybody has any footage from another source or their phones I'd love to see it.

- If the penalty doesn't go in, and / or Feghouli doesn't miss that chance (and cut him some slack as their defender just did enough) then it's a different game.

- As it was we collapsed and if anybody thinks the ultimate genesis of this is anything other than the stadium then they're kidding themselves. As good as last season was this was a function of some great results away which itself was borne of the belief that developed from the good feeling and associated results at home. All the "teething troubles" highlighted rather than masked the fundamental flaws (poor view, mission to get in & out of) and the bad feeling which was there in the first league game has spread throughout the club. There is such a low chance of me renewing next season it's unfunny. And it's not because of results because we're all used to seeing us lose at home, and it's not the manner of the defeats (and even the wins - Burnley & Hull points were stolen).

- Clear, clear highlight of the night was Spiderman & his mate, a reward to those who stayed to the bitter end and the only thing to put a smile on everybody's faces. There is an image on twitter which apears to come from a foreign TV station of spiderman in mid air which is brilliant. I'd love KUMB to find out who they are and get them on the podcast although I don't know whether that creates any political issues.

- Massive, massive fairplay to those in block 114 / 113 (and by the sounds of it 130 although I couldn't see / hear them), singing, dancing, doing the Poznan at 0-5. That is what being a West Ham fan is all about and you are all a credit to the club too. Of course your numbers have probably been taken and you'll either have your season tickets revoked or be forced to walk the really long way back to the station forever more.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

Well that was a fun evening. Cracking Atmosphere and solid performance. Well done West Ham. :crest: