FAC3: West Ham Utd 0-5 Manchester City (06/01/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Whufc126

Re: West Ham United V Manchester City: Match Thread

Post by Whufc126 »

I have just finished watching the game (recorded it until after all the kids were in bed) and I have to say it was a repeat of the Arsenal game. Bilic was completely tactically outclassed and now is the time for him to go.

Man City have had problems recently against teams who pressured them and chased the ball down, Bilic decided to stand off, let them have possession and look at the result! Tactically naive and exposed and a lack of motivation in the players, particularly Cresswell who I thought was awful, Lanzini was lacking in ideas and the sooner we get rid of Carroll the better.

Rant over but enough is enough, the last time I felt like this was when we were going to places like Blackburn and losing 7 - 1, the difference is this time we are at home.

One final point - you licky buggers that get to go every week, face facts, Upton Park has gone, we cannot go back, we have the London Stadium. Lets stop whinging and get on with it!
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Got it tactically 100% wrong ... give one of the best teams in Europe time on the ball and they will cut you to pieces ... 0-5 was the result ... it was never a contest soft penalty or not there was only one winner from the first minute ....
Langley Hammer

Post by Langley Hammer »

Awful! Just awful!

I had the game recorded but switched off after City's third.

I could not see any passion or fight from this West Ham team and lack of direction on the pitch was shocking, almost as if there was no instruction.

Agree with most posters, the penalty and Ferghouli's miss were the game changers, but I still expect to see fight in this squad when it's going pear shaped.

I can't see Bilic lasting to the end of February on this seasons results. Whatever the situation may be I think we need local lads in the mix to fight for the badge. This squad is carrying to many passengers.
Elmo'sIronBorn

Post by Elmo'sIronBorn »

Whufc126 wrote:I have just finished watching the game (recorded it until after all the kids were in bed) and I have to say it was a repeat of the Arsenal game. Bilic was completely tactically outclassed and now is the time for him to go.

Man City have had problems recently against teams who pressured them and chased the ball down, Bilic decided to stand off, let them have possession and look at the result! Tactically naive and exposed and a lack of motivation in the players, particularly Cresswell who I thought was awful, Lanzini was lacking in ideas and the sooner we get rid of Carroll the better.

Rant over but enough is enough, the last time I felt like this was when we were going to places like Blackburn and losing 7 - 1, the difference is this time we are at home.

One final point - you licky buggers that get to go every week, face facts, Upton Park has gone, we cannot go back, we have the London Stadium. Lets stop whinging and get on with it!
From the comforts of ya arm chair.......... Do one!!!! COYI!! I'm West Ham Till I Die! I'm West Ham Till I die!
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

PortCityIron wrote:Top drawer stuff here. Almost makes it all worth it :P

https://youtu.be/gwquoWTdC7U
That's great. BBC didn't show anything. Commentator said that there was someone on the pitch and immediately cut to a shot from their drone flying outside the stadium.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Still can't believe Teenage Kicks at the final whistle, God Save The Queen by the Sex Pistols would have been far more fitting in that sh!thole of a stadium, or Beck - Loser :lol:

I feel sick at what we've become, a complete joke of a club that, when getting a tonking at home; have ballboys mobbing the player that smashed a hat-trick in against us and have the stadium announcer playing Teenage Kicks for the away fans to sing and dance to as their team applaud them.

Karen Brady, David Sullivan, Stavros, our club is taking one hell of a beating, f**k off
Whufc126

Post by Whufc126 »

Elmo's,

I love the old girl as much as you do, but as much a we love her she ain't coming back, she's gone and now we have landed ourselves with some slapper who got herself pregnant after one shag, a child we did not necessarily want but have and now we have to look after it, no choice. Not doing so will harm the child no end and there will be no positive end result for anyone!
Elmo'sIronBorn

Post by Elmo'sIronBorn »

Whufc126 wrote:Elmo's,

I love the old girl as much as you do, but as much a we love her she ain't coming back, she's gone and now we have landed ourselves with some slapper who got herself pregnant after one shag, a child we did not necessarily want but have and now we have to look after it, no choice. Not doing so will harm the child no end and there will be no positive end result for anyone!
Get over ya impregnated armchair and get a season ticket, we lost and I had a great night tonight, with friends and fam, sung me heart out and was there to the bitter end just like every other game this season and have only just got home and will do the same again and again!
So I have no idea what you are talking about.
Get over ya self...
And come join the real supporters :scarfer:
Last edited by Elmo'sIronBorn on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Well, that was embarrassing.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

Elmo'sIronBorn wrote:
Get over ya impregnated armchair and get a season ticket, we lost and I had a great night tonight, with friends and fam, sung me heart out and was there to the bitter end just like every other game this season and have only just got home and will do the same again and again!
So I have no idea what you are talking about.
Get over ya self...
And come join the real supporters :scarfer:
Hmmm worst ever FA Cup home defeat and you 'had a great night tonight'

Me? well I wanted to punch the wall, kick the cat, and generally smash things up ...

Yet you the 'real supporter' had a great night ...

Maybe during my 50 years of being a fan I got it wrong ... losing 5-0 at home that's what makes the 'real supporters' happy ... feck, silly me
Marquis
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Marquis »

Don't normally post on here but I'm a regular reader as I find it cathartic especially after a game like tonight. What shocked me most though was going up to one of the food stalls on the concourse just before kick off to get a drink for my 11 year old but being confronted by a surly youngster "serving" there who was chanting some Arsenal song about Ozil and being generally anti West Ham while staring at me. Got the hint and said to my boy that we'll go somewhere else. Now I don't expect everyone working at a rented stadium to be die hard hammers fans but this was just deliberately antagonistic and summed up how we are treated from the top down. Because of that incident I then noticed for the first time how many neutrals were sat around me - one family turned up 35 minutes in and left with 20 mins to go!
I made my son stay until the end telling him that you never know what might happen and was rewarded with the Spider-Man spectacle - good on them as it really cheered me up!
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

You can't ever justify a 5-0 loss at home. If i turned up at work on Monday after a horrific weekend without feeling any pressure something would be very wrong.

Bilic has got this badly wrong, regardless of cup or league and the bottom line is that tonights result is not acceptable
Whufc126

Post by Whufc126 »

Elmo's

I do understand what you are saying, i really do, if I could get a season ticket at the moment I would love to, my two boys 6 and 3 would also have one believe me, but at the moment I cannot, I have a 3 month old daughter and my missus is on maternity leave.

I back West Ham through thick and thin, however Slaven has to go, he does not have the tactical nous to carry us through, two games who him up, tonight and Arsenal. Not saying we should be beating them but we should be putting in performances against them.

I have not felt this sorry about the team for a long time - we look out of our depth and we shouldn't!

This is after 2 bottles of red wine and 2 glasses of cognac!
Elmo'sIronBorn

Post by Elmo'sIronBorn »

Hmmm worst ever FA Cup home defeat and you 'had a great night tonight'

Me? well I wanted to punch the wall, kick the cat, and generally smash things up ...

Yet you the 'real supporter' had a great night ...

Maybe during my 50 years of being a fan I got it wrong ... losing 5-0 at home that's what makes the 'real supporters' happy ... feck, silly me[/quote]

Nope.... making the most of a **** night in a place you don't love and supporting your team to the bitter end makes the real supporter... IMHO
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

PortCityIron wrote:Top drawer stuff here. Almost makes it all worth it :P

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Says it all when this is the highlight

Need this to happen every week...if we're going to get banned for standing up might as well get banned for arsing about on the pitch!
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Discobar wrote:You can't ever justify a 5-0 loss at home. If i turned up at work on Monday after a horrific weekend without feeling any pressure something would be very wrong.

Bilic has got this badly wrong, regardless of cup or league and the bottom line is that tonights result is not acceptable
I'd say he'll probably send them out on the p!ss again but judging by tonight I think some of them started early today.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

We all have our own definitions of what a real supporter is of course but I find it hard to reconcile a self defined "real supporter" as being one who had a great time after what happened tonight. Presumably alcohol played a part? I thought it was only the players who looked like they couldn't give a stuff, didn't realise it extended to the people in the stands.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Discobar wrote:You can't ever justify a 5-0 loss at home.
good thing weren't at home.

we've somehow created something that has neutered and in some cases inverted the advantages of playing at home and still has most of the disadvantages of playing away.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

As I said earlier, it's a neutral venue. No team in the country would play music for the visiting winners to celebrate to.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

it's not even neutral, you couldn't possibly design a better place for the away team to play.

a diluted and sterlised home support half a mile from the pitch who are itching to leave at 80 minutes is far worse than a few thousand devoted irons.
Last edited by Beavis Danzig on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.