Middlesbrough 1-3 West Ham United (21/01/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

r99c
Has liked: 677 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Re: Middlesbrough V West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by r99c »

I was right next to the segregation line on the sideline stand and the plod there had a camera trained on that young chavvy idiot in the Boro section with the grey hoodie and that coke bottle all game :lol: So I'll say to be fair they were interested in those idiots.

After the game walking back towards that level crossing/tunnels it was a bit unsavoury walking past a load of Boro hoody types talking about ''getting them'' and people shouting southern bastards etc etc, looked like it was kicking off in one of those car parks on the right hand side (wasteland type area) too and didn't see any police down that road all the way from the stadium to the level crossing
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

Given that trouble was likely the police didn’t seem to have the numbers or organisation required if they were to stop innocent fans being assaulted.

The main issue I have is the lack of officers on the roadway between the away exit and the subway. There were many home fans looking for trouble here and hardly any police to stop them. I saw no police horses or dogs, and not enough officers on the ground. Maybe the roadway is too confined a space to deploy horses, but two horses at the away end would have freed up other officers to cover the roadway. Another two further along the roadway where fans joined from the main stand would have allowed officers a better view of what was happening and acted as some deterrent.

In following West Ham we often experience policing that is disproportionate to the risk of disorder, both in resources and operational tactics. We don’t want to see such overkill and oppressive policing unless this is really necessary but given that a degree of trouble was to be expected at this fixture and that the atmosphere in the ground seemed to increase the likelihood, I think that the police should have been far better prepared in keeping fans apart after the match.
Scottjohn1989

Post by Scottjohn1989 »

Having read a view bits and bobs on the incidents outside the ground I thought I would share my own.

There was a bad vibe in the air when leaving, but didn't expect anything less after what happened at OS.

One boro bloke started barging through a groups of West Ham kids who were clearly not after any trouble , he was late 30's early 40's. As he made eye contact with me from about 2 metres away he was muttering something and I didn't take any chances so I grabbed hold of him and threw him out the way. This was met by another boro geezer whacking me on the back of the head before a few West Ham dragged me away and got a whack aswell. Clearly outnumbered we were, and if that's all they had to offer then doesn't say much about them as people. Was nothing major but all the same it should not have happened in front of children and women.

I don't go to football to fight but like 99% of you I will not stand for any ****. A few of them tried to take the piss and to be honest it wasn't much.

Thanks to the West Ham lads that helped me out by the way much appreciated! ⚒⚒⚒
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

nothing in the press about this?

yet if someone farts at our stadium and it makes the news...
nicko

Post by nicko »

Gonna keep an eye on Collins and see if he does this every time he comes on.
https://twitter.com/WestHam_HQ/status/8 ... 2300694528
europeanscum

Post by europeanscum »

nicko wrote:Gonna keep an eye on Collins and see if he does this every time he comes on.
brilliant :D
SIM only Zsa Zsa

Post by SIM only Zsa Zsa »

nicko wrote:Gonna keep an eye on Collins and see if he does this every time he comes on.
Not really the time or place for that nonsense, is it? Coming on to help defend a lead and he's playing the fool.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 1604 likes

Post by chalks »

SIM only Zsa Zsa wrote:
Not really the time or place for that nonsense, is it? Coming on to help defend a lead and he's playing the fool.
Bet your a bundle of laughs on a night out
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Watched the full match again last night and have to say that move for the Calleri chance would have been worthy of a goal of the season had it been put away. Ridiculous little one twos between Lanzini and Feghouli to set it up. It was noticeable Feghouli is still not 100% as his fitness faded in the second half, but he will be such an asset for us. Other little things I've noticed is good link up play between Byram and Feghouli on the right. We've really sorted that side out with the comeback of a proper right back. Lanzini and Cresswell will be vulnerable on the left against a good side like City. Antonio needs to get better in possession of the ball. Also we should have had a clear penalty on Feghouli and Sam Byram should have walked for the second yellow on Traore. Ref bottled both decisions.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

SIM only Zsa Zsa wrote:
I agree. I'd much rather our players have no personality.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

coyi27 wrote:Watched the full match again last night and have to say that move for the Calleri chance would have been worthy of a goal of the season had it been put away. Ridiculous little one twos between Lanzini and Feghouli to set it up. It was noticeable Feghouli is still not 100% as his fitness faded in the second half, but he will be such an asset for us. Other little things I've noticed is good link up play between Byram and Feghouli on the right. We've really sorted that side out with the comeback of a proper right back. Lanzini and Cresswell will be vulnerable on the left against a good side like City. Antonio needs to get better in possession of the ball. Also we should have had a clear penalty on Feghouli and Sam Byram should have walked for the second yellow on Traore. Ref bottled both decisions.
proper right back and a winger prepared to go back and help out. We were much more exposed on the left side, even though Cresswell is a better player than Byram - in part because he has less support.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 151 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Not really the time or place for that nonsense, is it? Coming on to help defend a lead and he's playing the fool.[/quote]

Well one just simply cannot enter the field of play with snot and bogeys all up one's sleeve, can one SIM!
SIM only Zsa Zsa

Post by SIM only Zsa Zsa »

thejackhammer wrote:I agree. I'd much rather our players have no personality.
Just saying that you wouldn't see a Mourinho player doing that when entering the field of play.