West Ham Utd 0-4 Man City (01/02/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Man City: match thread

Post by Mega Ron »

Bill wrote:
Spot on. And they are SO subtle having Mancini at the game after palming off the lack of RB and striker signing onto Bilic. As if Mancini would come to West Ham with promises of signing world class players. He's not as daft as the fans who fell for it in the summer! :lol:
I know they are c**** but would our current owners have the next manager at the game?

I think that is something prospective owners would do.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1633 likes

Post by chalks »

e1hammer wrote:
It's not the tourists or the day trippers that are going to sack it off...
I dont know of one mate who has said they will renew next season. I've also had chats at the bars in the ground with other supporters over the season, not one of them will be renewing.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1633 likes

Post by chalks »

Mega Ron wrote:
I know they are ***** but would our current owners have the next manager at the game?

I think that is something prospective owners would do.
its EXACTLY the type of thing they would do
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 872 likes
Total likes: 850 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Estuary wrote: A word for Andy Carroll, if some of the others, Reid and Antonio apart, had half the heart and skill he showed we would at least have left the field with some pride if not any points.
Absolutely agree.
chalks wrote:
We have an unbalanced squad/1st team 100% because of lack of investment by the owners
Absolutely agree, again.

Games like last nights show just how wide the chasm is between where we are right now and where our owners (supposedly) want us to be.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Watching Slav after the 2nd & 3rd wondering when he was gonna either change formation or get animated on the sideline, I sadly saw neither. Mark Noble went over to touchline at a stop in play having a drink, but worryingly there was no dialogue between Manager & Captain.

Noble hovers in space 5yds off his player in no mans land, because he's never quick enough to press.

If you don't press a top team they will inevitably pick you apart.

Kouyate for Noble is a must for me.

Masuaku to be given a fair crack at LB

Prefer Fernandes over Byram even out of position at RB

Shout out to BML lower at the end propa fans :scarfer:
Estuary
Has liked: 369 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by Estuary »

Mancini probably wanted to watch former team.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Oh the Noble drum is out again, nearly all the team were rubbish except for Antonio and Snodgrass, Sad to sit there from half time and see a stadium getting more empty by the minute.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

I left at half time. First time I think I've ever left a game early.

I'm not a day tripper.

Just when we don't have a shot in 45 minutes, offer absolutely nothing as a team, I really couldn't be arsed.

Plus there was a fella deliberately standing up on his own in front of us all game to get a reaction so it was either leave or knock the prick out.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Agree totally with Billy and Absolutely about our holding off... we did in almost every game this season...

We don't press we always give 2 yards... even at Boro etc ... those results flattered us in the most part...

We looked beaten last night after the first few minutes...

But if I was on that pitch looking over at Slav I would have thought he looked beaten too... it's at those times you need the manager and captain to be putting the fear of god up you... Snod made such a difference even if you don't factor in how he played...
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2031 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Hammer Laffers wrote:A poor night where we made Man City look incredible.

Not sure if Byram will make the grade. I hope he will but at for the rest of the season against the top 4 Antonio must start at right RB.

Poor night but looking forward to Southampton on Saturday.
Absolutely.

Not saying they aren't a decent team, but we've made them look much better both times we've played them. This is a team who weren't exactly that high on confidence after a 4-0 thrashing at Everton and throw away draw against Spurs.

They probably couldn't believe their luck when we decided to do the same things as last month. 4 shots on target and that's all they needed. It was pretty much hang around our half, wait for us to give them the ball, one pass and a tap in. The match was like that on loop.

I think it was Jersey Hammer who used the hot knife through butter comment and it was spot on.
johnnyb
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

There is so much wrong with our team/squad at the moment its difficult to know where to start with putting it right. However, we also seem to lack basic organisation in a lot of games and for that to go on for so long must mostly be down to the manager/coaches. To concede as heavily as we have this season is just not right.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

hammers92 wrote:Cresswell has also been appalling this season, about time he starts getting pulled up on it.
Yep. If Carroll played as badly as him for even one game he would get rinsed
YGNB
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by YGNB »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote: It's the environment as a whole that's causing the big defeats. Watford put 4 past us but they aren't technically better than us. This season was always going to be 38 away games. I'd like to have a bet with anyone that our home form next season will be better than this season (providing we keep bilic)
Well it wouldn't be hard !
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Our whole squad last night cost not much more than De Bruyne... let that sink in :lol:

---------------------Randolph (free) -------------------
Byram (4m) ----Reid (3.5m) ------ Fonte (8m) ----- Cresswell (4m)
--------------- Noble (Free) ---- Obiang (5m)----------
Antonio (7m) -------- Lanzini (10m) ----------- Feghouli (free)
-------------------- Carroll (15m) ----------------------

Adrian (free), Collins (2.5m), Snodgrass (10m), Quina (free), Fernandes (5m), Fletcher (free), Calleri (loan)
bobo

Post by bobo »

Fishdo wrote:Agree totally with Billy and Absolutely about our holding off... we did in almost every game this season...

We don't press we always give 2 yards... even at Boro etc ... those results flattered us in the most part...

We looked beaten last night after the first few minutes...

But if I was on that pitch looking over at Slav I would have thought he looked beaten too... it's at those times you need the manager and captain to be putting the fear of god up you... Snod made such a difference even if you don't factor in how he played...
Problem is we don't press but we don't drop off either and keep our shape, we don't double up, we don't tackle, we just allow the opposition room.

For example; if I was a full back playing against Sterling I'd be thinking the following.....

A) Don't get in a foot race with him

B) Don't let him in behind me

C) Don't let him get the ball out of his feet

I'd want to get tight enough to him to not let him face me up and run at me or get in Behind, sometimes you have to just concentrate on the job at hand and not the system set up for you.

That's called game management!

Also who ever told Antonio to man Mark Yaya Toure is a complete tool!! What the f*** was that all about?!? He followed him around like a little lost puppy!! Pepe must of been laughing his b*llocks off inside, our biggest threat taken out the game by following around their defensive midfielder.

One other thing....

Why the f*** are our centre backs trying to push up to the half way line all the time?? Not just when we have the ball but when we ain't got it either!!! It's beggars belief, the amount of times the game was being played on the half way line or just over the half way line and our two centre backs are pushing up and we ain't even got the ball is crazy, no wonder they could break on us so easy!

We didn't learn from the last game Vs City, nothing at all or from any of the other games we got thumped.
Fishdo

Post by Fishdo »

Comparing costs of players isn't the only factor .... you should compare wages per week.. then ask if our players earnt thiers last night...

But regardless that's no excuse to give up and not at least fight for every ball...
Last edited by Fishdo on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MooresTheHero
Has liked: 1221 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by MooresTheHero »

Don't know what to say really.

sad :(
Fishdo

Post by Fishdo »

bobo wrote:Problem is ...
You took the words right out of my mouth ...

Then you put them in a different order.... ;)

Bang on mate...
Last edited by Up the Junction on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
leer34
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by leer34 »

Please don't make excuses for the team, that was shambolic, same game plan as last time, stand off and let them play,

It's 11 v 11 each man must try his best to win at least his individual battle , we not even close to that.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

"Aaron Cresswell has made more errors leading to an opposition goal in the last 3 Premier League seasons (10) than any other outfield player."