West Ham Utd 0-4 Man City (01/02/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: West Ham Utd vs Man City: match thread

Post by warp »

upthehammers wrote:these boys need to step up and learn to play on the pitch whatever size it is... they've only had 18 home games to get used to it by now :asleep:
ThreeSixes wrote:Which is 16 more games than Man City have had
their home pitch is exactly as big as ours.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Absolutely no need to worry DG has told us today we will be getting a big summer signing in to save us ;)

Roll on the scummers ... that will say much more than last night ever could ..
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

With this bigger pitch thing and if effects players, could someone ( I ain't clever enough, or know where to look) do a comparison as to distance each player covered in games at the BG as against the LS.

If they are having to cover a lot more distance it could be that they are not conditioned right or their stamina sessions need improving.

I do think we need to reduce size to BG size, but this would really only be effective if as like at the BG we were close to the pitch.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

Fishdo wrote:Absolutely no need to worry DG has told us today we will be getting a big summer signing in to save us ;)

Roll on the scummers ... that will say much more than last night ever could ..
He hasn't really has he? They really have no shame, proper spivs.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:With this bigger pitch thing and if effects players, could someone ( I ain't clever enough, or know where to look) do a comparison as to distance each player covered in games at the BG as against the LS.

If they are having to cover a lot more distance it could be that they are not conditioned right or their stamina sessions need improving.
i think it's got more to do with more space for the opponents and that it's harder to help out your teammates.
i'm not sure how big of a problem it actually is, but i'm quite sure it's not the worst we are having at the moment.
Exiledin cardiff wrote:I do think we need to reduce size to BG size, but this would really only be effective if as like at the BG we were close to the pitch.
i doubt 2 yards would make the view much worse.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Payet's departure has seen the Londoners lose some of their star power but Gold is confident they can still attract a big name and is looking to cause a stir in the summer transfer window. “Of course we are going to try and make those big signings,” Gold told BT Sport. “We have started making signings as you can see. “We were the fourth biggest spenders in the Premier League in the window.”
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

Anyone blaming last nights display on the size of our pitch is deluded. It was a horror show of individual mistakes made worse by us laying off them and putting them under no pressure. None......

Pep has been a bit ruffled this season because of the way Premier League sides have got at his superstars. His two visits to The LS has been like a return to The Bundesliga/La Liga for him. He would love to play us every week. We could not have played into their hands by the way we played anymore if we tried. Perfect for them...... Made them look amazing. Twice!

Cresswell was woeful, as was Fonte, and I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe that Byram will ever be a Premier League defender.
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

Fishdo wrote:Absolutely no need to worry DG has told us today we will be getting a big summer signing in to save us ;)
Can't even get that lie right though can he?.....should be looking to get big summer signingS in. Even if it were true, one isn't enough.

I reckon it's not even a player. Probably a new manager if they get their way.

or...you don't think he's a Depeche Mode fan do you and he's just looking forward to the summer?
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

costa75 wrote:Anyone blaming last nights display on the size of our pitch is deluded. It was a horror show of individual mistakes made worse by us laying off them and putting them under no pressure. None......
Well let's just say it looked perfect for city and way too big for us.. :wink:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Who was it said last night that if the pitch is too big we'll have to sign bigger players :lol:
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Same applies for both teams..

Hardly an excuse...
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

-DL- wrote:It's 74 x 115 yards, not 155. Methinks the boss has done a wee typo there.
As DL says.
samanthadog
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by samanthadog »

City have now scored three times as many goals as we have at the London Stadium in 2017.

:oops:
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Same applies for both teams..
Hardly an excuse...
I, for one, am not looking for excuses but the better teams seem to be able to tear through us on it.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Because they're better teams (on the day)

We're not showing the fitness levels we showed last season and we're not working hard enough off the ball.

We could also be set up wrong. Maybe motivation playing on the players' minds? All possibilities.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

vietnammer wrote:Who was it said last night that if the pitch is too big we'll have to sign bigger players :lol:
That must be another one for the next level, taller players with longer legs

Billic said they have found it difficult to judge the distances as before the stands were closer to the pitch !
warp

Post by warp »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Same applies for both teams..

Hardly an excuse...
the same playing field can highlight and magnify some qualities over others. namely, qualities that some other teams have and we don't.

as said earlier though, i think the pitch size is hardly our greatest issues.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Young Mr Grace emabarrasingly banging on about attracting a big name in the summer, nurse give the old fella his medication :lol:

Those two pisstakers really don't care who they stripe up.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

no-one likes a smart arse however after the palace game I highlighted herehow risky it was for our players to be playing square balls in our half/midfield " we got away with it v palace however we cant do it against better sides...." cue Slav in the Standard tonight "we lost goal one and three from playing sloppy square passes in the wrong areas......"

As much as we like to have someone to blame- its the players who continually f*** up, get scared, dont contribute and still get paid handsomely-- its the managers who get sacked and its us fans who suffer...
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

West Ham star ESCAPES FA punishment for appearing to hit Raheem Sterling due to ‘inconclusive’ television footage