Southampton 1-3 West Ham Utd (04/02/17)

An archive of match day threads originally posted in the General Discussion forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Re: Southampton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Postby Aceface on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:08 am

dodger wrote:Looks super pumped after Noble's goal.

That was actually quite funny. Looked like a man who put a cheeky bet on a 1-3 final score.

One thing you can't accuse Winnie of is being lukewarm - either walks around with a face like a slapped arse or is doing his nut over something. Not much middle ground.
Aceface

Postby The Gibbins on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:21 am

Winston Reid going into one after fouling Shane Long was funny, in fact it was really funny as it was such a blatant foul :lol:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Postby k-r-c on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:17 pm

The Gibbins wrote:Winston Reid going into one after fouling Shane Long was funny, in fact it was really funny as it was such a blatant foul :lol:

I think he was more moaning at one of our players who i presume did something wrong for it to get to that point.
k-r-c

Postby Jackanakanory on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Bloke next to me had a bet on 3-1 to us, he was a bit tense when Antonio came through and flashed past the post :lol:

Absolutely brilliant day, the brewdog pub was a welcome change from the crap beer and plastic glasses at Yates'

Fat tits was great, took it all in good nature.

My shins are knackered after a bloke from two rows back came tumbling down into me after Carrolls goal..
Jackanakanory

Postby Doc H Ball on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:34 pm

Jackanakanory wrote:Absolutely brilliant day, the brewdog pub was a welcome change from the crap beer and plastic glasses at Yates'

Bit harsh. Yates' DJ got it about a right and there's nothing wrong with a pint of Sam Adams.

That said, trying to hold a few plastic glasses together is a hoot. I saw more spills than at a Scottish goalkeepers' convention.
Doc H Ball

Postby miles on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Aceface wrote:Almost forgot what it was like to sign someone and have them actually improve the team. Well done Snodders.

And Fonte. First time all season my nerves weren't jangling when the ball went near our centre halves. Sorry Oggy.
miles
This site...

Postby europeanscum on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:26 pm

A fantastic day out, didn't get to yates til the 1 in 1 out was in full effect, went in through the smoking area tho.

Few lads i knew still queuing by the young lad being forcibly removed and everyone jogging the line on.

Thought it was a comfortable win, we looked good, moved the ball well and Carrolls goal was a fantastic, aided by brilliant build up play. The flare let off next to me made me jump a bit.

Lovely to beat the scummers :crest:
europeanscum

Postby wasserburg_hammer on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 pm

Let's face it, we didn't beat Southampton but some crappy club down the South coast. They ain't what they were and they know it.

Snodders was a great signing although a bit late. He's been messing up the league for a number of years now. An all out legend and always has been for any club he's played for.

As for the old Portuguese, he's done well and will continue to do so for the rest of the season. Got to be a teacher for the young ones. But another year? Well, only time will tell what the 8 million were good for.
wasserburg_hammer

Postby TootingRob on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:15 am

Jackanakanory wrote:Bloke next to me had a bet on 3-1 to us, he was a bit tense when Antonio came through and flashed past the post :lol:

Think that was me, great day out capped off with a tenner at 40-1. Happy days.
TootingRob

Postby Longneck'd Iron on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:18 am

TootingRob wrote:Think that was me, great day out capped off with a tenner at 40-1. Happy days.

4 of us (3 at the game) had a fiver at 45/1, that Antonio moment :shock: My brother cashed out on the 82 min, when they had a free kick on the edge of the area. Only to find out after the game, it hadn't gone through.
Only my 2nd bet this season, my last was 1-2 at Spurs. Looked good untill the last couple of minutes lol
Great weekend away, even more gutted I can't make Bournemouth now.
Longneck'd Iron

Previous

Return to KUMB Match Threads