West Ham Utd 2-2 West Bromwich Albion (11/02/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs West Bromwich Albion: match thread

Post by Colours never run »

mushy wrote: I was watching him carefully on Saturday, when we are in possession he is practically rooted to the touch line, clearly under orders. he also moves up and down away from the marking defenders, so there is always an option.
When in possession its true he drifts inside, but if you have the left back hogging the line then quite clearly this is a good move, does need someone to play one-twos with though, give and go is one of his strengths..

The position he found himself in for their 1st goal would suggest he hasn't been hugging the touchline religiously and it's not the first time this season he's been seen infield. In fact I even remember him trying to win back possession coming across the midfield on the otherside of the pitch, which resulted in his undeserved sending off against the Mancs.

I actually don't mind it from time to time but I've seen him do too much of it when played for my liking for the shape of the team. He's got to be more disciplined so we keep the shape of the team right. He also does his best work when he does get white chalk on his boots. The times I do like him occasionally coming inside is as an extra man ghosting in the box to feed of scraps which have led to his 2 recent goals. But in the middle of our third, I'm not a fan of it. It just takes experience in this league because it's so fast paced and physical but he's definitely going in the right direction.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

brooking1966 wrote:I thought McAuley impeded Randy with his arm over the top of Randolphs shoulder arm, clear foul.
there were about three separate fouls that could well have ruled it out at any other point in the match, but unless you're throwing a proper haymaker, no ref is going to disallow an equalising header in the third minute of stoppage time over a bit of argy bargy.
Limehouse

Post by Limehouse »

Entertaining game and two evenly matched sides for me. Draw was probably about right and have a sneaking feeling they could have nicked it if Pulis hadn't had an attack of the 'Big Sams' and tried to see out a 1-0. It was nice to see us forced to play on the floor and Lanzini flourished in particular..

Got to say they dished it out but also took it back. The player tackled by Obiang when he was already on a yellow did him a massive favour by not making much of a reckless challenge.

Atmosphere was good too.