Watford 1-1 West Ham Utd (25/02/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

WoodfordJnr

Re: Watford v West Ham Utd match thread

Post by WoodfordJnr »

Yeah i know :lol: But its not the point, he done the same thing to Arsenal a couple of weeks ago. At the end of the day he is Troy Deeney ffs. Feel it would of been different if Messi turned around and said we were trying to take the p*** so they punished us. End of the day we rabonne'd and scored didnt we?
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Yep, and that was great, but Lanzini trying a Rabona shot from about 25 yards was taking the piss :lol:

I'm not a fan of Deeney by any means, i think hes a fat, overrated Troll.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

-----------------------------------Randolph------------------------------------

-Byram----------------Fonte---------Reid------------------Cresswell

----------------------------Noble---------Obiang----------------------------

-----------------------------------Lanzini--------------------------------------

--Antonio----------------------------------------------------Snodgrass

------------------------------------Carroll--------------------------------------

Would love to have Kouyate in there but based on having players in their correct positions, I've gone for Byram at RB instead. Prefer Snodgrass on the right but Antonio is invaluable and he can't play on the left so has to start on the right.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Have not said this all season, but I can only see a win for the mighty Hammers :scarfer:

I am also available to stand in the technical area this match, as all our lot will be in the stands. I have e-mailed the club, awaiting a reply.
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

ironstu wrote:-----------------------------------Randolph------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Lanzini--------------------------------------

------------------------------------Carroll--------------------------------------

Would love to have Kouyate in there but based on having players in their correct positions, I've gone for Byram at RB instead. Prefer Snodgrass on the right but Antonio is invaluable and he can't play on the left so has to start on the right.
Sorry - got to have Kouyate in there - he was one of our best midfield players even when playing right back
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

I do hope we turn up here this year. Last year was a real lame performance and one of the reasons I was glad to see the back of Moses :shock:
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

NW5, Who would you drop from the suggested line-up to accommodate Kouyate? Play him at RB (I suspect this is what Bilic is thinking)? Drop Noble or Obiang?

I honestly don't know the answer.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Whose turn is it for right back? Obiang hasn't had a go yet.

Bang out of order given Snodders has already had a crack at left wing back. I'd be taking it personally at this point if I hadn't had a go.
Jeffcoate321

Post by Jeffcoate321 »

arlhe - I think he goes at RB. Obiang and Noble were both good on Saturday, unreasonable to drop either IMO. Watford are a physical side, Kouyate would be more suited than Byram, even though he isn't a RB.

Feghouli has to start IMO, played well Saturday, got a goal, arguably two when you think about the one disallowed.
Wouldn't imagine Bilic will drop him. Seems like he isn't too popular on here but I think he is actually coming along quite well.

I like Snodgrass too, I still don't see the point of his signing as we have so many options now, but he has done alright so can't knock him at all.

Formation vs Watford will probably all depend on whether Carroll is fit to play, I assume Antonio will be thrown in up front if not.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

--------------------------------------Randy------------------------------------

-Fernandes--------------Fonte---------Reid------------------Cresswell-

----------------------------Kouyate---------Obiang----------------------------

--Antonio----------------------Carroll--------------------------Snodgrass-

Capoue has to be matched up with physically, he is their engine, Kouyate can compete/battle with him Noble can't. Byram is a liability with his constant holding, so I'd prefer Fernandes. Hope it's Deeney up front & not Isaac Success who I want us to buy in the summer along with Traore.

1-3 Hammertime
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I don't know if I trust Kouyate to go a full 90 mins and not, at any point, look like a clueless gangly retard that's wandered onto the pitch in kit unnoticed. He lacks discipline when he plays in midfield, I feel like he's only safe in central defence where he knows he can't f**k about.
Hayes_Hammer

Post by Hayes_Hammer »

I can't see Noble being dropped.

Randolph
Byram Fonte Reid Cresswell
Obiang Noble
Antonio Lanzini Snodgrass
Carroll

I imagine Bilic might keep Kouyate for Byram and have Byram on the bench. Harsh on Feghouli as he is slowly coming along, but I think this game we are going to have to be patient and I much prefer Antonios/Snodgrass' graft for this fixture. Feghouli can come off the bench if we are lacking for creativity
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

Jeffcoate321 wrote:
Formation vs Watford will probably all depend on whether Carroll is fit to play, I assume Antonio will be thrown in up front if not.
I'd rather start Calleri than have Antonio up top
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

I think Randy needs to be dropped now. Adrian deserves a shot again.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

ironstu wrote:-----------------------------------Randolph------------------------------------

I'm sure I read yesterday that both of them prefer playing on the other wing so they can cut inside and shoot.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Ludeksgloves wrote:I think Randy needs to be dropped now. Adrian deserves a shot again.
:thup:
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

How can anyone drop Feghouli ??
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

This game requires a Sam-approach if ever I saw one

Play a solid team to stifle the midfield and compete physically - Kouyate, Obiang and Noble for 50 minutes and then bring on the pace to win the game - Lanzini, Ayew, Feghouli

Not the most exciting I know - but fed up losing to these ****ers
Chip Korea

Post by Chip Korea »

AmzP wrote: Hate to see Antonio at rb again but don't know how else to accommodate as I don't think feghouli and synod grass deserve to be dropped.
Think about what you've just said.

Is there another player in the world where you'd say "he has to lose his place up front because the main man is back,but we can't drop him so he needs to play RB". Utterly bonkers but it almost makes sense with Antonio.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Antonio is like a cross between Marlon Harewood, Carlton Cole and Mike Tyson. :D