Bournemouth 3-2 West Ham Utd (11/03/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Re: Bournemouth vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by the pink palermo »

And so on to Bournemouth , is it the end of the south coast or the start of the West country , and exactly how new is the New Forest ? All I know about Bournemouth really is it smells of wee because it's where the old people go to die .It's the other side of Southampton anyway .

Talking of old people who possibly smell of wee, DG has tweeted we are taking our strongest squad of the season to Bournemouth which suggests to me Byram will have been left back at base .If he plays he will make the mistake that costs us .

Carroll has to start, likewise Antonio , Noble ( we really do need a "heart" emoticon), Obiang, Reid, Kouyate, Lanzini,Cresswell, Snodgrass and Randy .Fonte will take the final place meaning we'll be seeing Kouyate at RB again .

Our weakness of course is the lack of a bench option , unless what DG was alluding to was a guest appearance from the picket line by Sakho .I reckon we may see him .

To those travelling , have a pleasant day . Comfortable win for us today I think . :scarfer:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I see goals a plenty here today, something like a 4-3, but don't know which way. Neither team can defend and it will be a good day out in the warm, spring sunshine down on the balmy south coast and fun for all the family. Bournemouth like a 4-3
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

the pink palermo wrote: Byram will have been left back at base .If he plays he will make the mistake that costs us .

I think thats harsh, he is a capable right back that hasn't had a fair shot when fit. If he opts for Kouyate again over Byram then questions should be asked, we posed more of a threat against Chelsea when he come on as he has the technical ability to get forward as a right back. I appreciate Kouyate filling in but i think it was daft from Bilic to ever think he had the ability to play there.

I really like Byram, followed his progress for a while at Leeds and think he can be a real outlet, especially going forward if he is used the right way as he does have goals in him. I think he just needs games now, he has not had the chance to get experience at this level, but he is very much a modern day full back.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Last minute but I've got a spare ticket as my cousin now can't make it. PM me if you're interested. I'm about to set off in 15 minutes or so, so won't be able to check the inbox for a couple of hours but expect to be there around 1:30/2.
finlandhammer

Post by finlandhammer »

what is the pub in bournemouth for us?
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

finlandhammer wrote:what is the pub in bournemouth for us?
I was going to try the Witherspoon
Percy Florence
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I was very impressed with the way Bournemouth set out to defend against a Man Utd side looking for goals last week , Harry Arter has that ' never say die ' attitude about him which we can only admire .
They'll adopt a much different shape and attitude against us today though which hopefully will allow us to catch them on the break , so speedy players will be needed . Both sides need points so will be a tough match with no place for complacency .

Has the makings of a 1-1 but if Antonio has his sights set straight we have the players to pull off a 1-2 win .
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

I have started a ritual with my young daughter on the day of each game, where I kick one of her toy balls to predict the outcome of our game. In the last 6 games we have done it, we have been able to accurately predict the outcome of each game.

The rules are simple: I kick the ball from her bedroom, and where the ball lands decides the outcome;

-If I don't get it out of her room: 0 Points
-If it Makes it into the next room: 1 Point
-If it makes in into the next room and through to the room after that: 3 points

Our last 6 games have been predicted 100% correctly using this method.

3 Points today is the prediction.
WTID
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by WTID »

I'd stick Byram at RB for this one and drop Randolph. Since his come into the starting 11 his made a few world class saves but that's about it. His positioning and decision making is atrocious definitely need a upgrade in this position in the summer to push on.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Ludeksgloves wrote:I have started a ritual with my young daughter on the day of each game, where I kick one of her toy balls to predict the outcome of our game. In the last 6 games we have done it, we have been able to accurately predict the outcome of each game.

The rules are simple: I kick the ball from her bedroom, and where the ball lands decides the outcome;

Just tried your new method of predicting games and broke next door's window . :)
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

That sounds like a back-to-back wins prediction to me Tomos :D
RedStar

Post by RedStar »

Ludeksgloves wrote:I have started a ritual with my young daughter on the day of each game, where I kick one of her toy balls to predict the outcome of our game. In the last 6 games we have done it, we have been able to accurately predict the outcome of each game.

I do not believe this method is scientific enough to continue being 100% accurate. It's the same as that octopus which predicted World Cup games - more coincidence than peeking into the future. In order to make it work properly and therefore create science based success, we must combine those two approaches and train an octopus to kick the toy balls from your daughter's bedroom.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

WTID wrote:I'd stick Byram at RB for this one and drop Randolph. Since his come into the starting 11 his made a few world class saves but that's about it. His positioning and decision making is atrocious definitely need a upgrade in this position in the summer to push on.
Maybe Slav will stick Kouyate in goal :wink:

I of course am kidding

4 2 3 1... Kouyate or Noble in the middle for me and then players in their natural positions. Antonio back for Feghouli (who while has earnt a chance has bee a bit quiet in the last few games).
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Dropping Obiang?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Not very scientific, but I would say that is about

t as accurate as any other way in forecasting results~ I like it :) and after all, the simple ideas are often the best
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

RedStar wrote: I do not believe this method is scientific enough to continue being 100% accurate. It's the same as that octopus which predicted World Cup games - more coincidence than peeking into the future. In order to make it work properly and therefore create science based success, we must combine those two approaches and train an octopus to kick the toy balls from your daughter's bedroom.
:D
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Randy
Kouyate
Fonte
Reid
Cresswell
Noble
Obiang
Feghouli
Lanzini
Antonio
Carroll

Snodgrass drops to the bench in place of Antonio whilst Ayew continues to start on the bench.
Last edited by Kitt the car on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Antonio for Snodgrass the only change
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

Koyate at rb again, ridiculous
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Antonio in his potentially favourite left wing role then, wish Bryam was at right back though, hate Slav's stupid experiments with this right back role for the last year