Bournemouth 3-2 West Ham Utd (11/03/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Bournemouth vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Hatcham Iron »

Theywere all quick to throw the reason for our disorganisation and unrest on payet,true but for me the problems lie much deeper with slav and his backroom team. I likethe majoriity of us love slav to bits but the question is as manager is he upp to it is his staff up to it?many times this season we have not been ar the races, disorganised a yard off the pace etc.Today I never thought I would witness a west ham team again humbled by a team like bournemouth dont get me wrong bournemouth deserved their win they were hungry had fight and were organised unlike us.We were all over the olace and I for one was totaly embarressed to witness that.We need in my opinion amassive shake up of our innept backroom staff and if need be the man at the helm sorry but its not the losing for me but the way you lose today was the pitts :crest:
61dicksey
Has liked: 580 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Lets not forget they also missed two penalties so it kind of flattered the final score, easily could have been 7-3 , Adam Smith has a problem raising his arms in the penalty box and got nicked at Man utd but not today.Having said that they ran us ragged , Josh King is much more mobile than anything we have and it showed pace power and an eye for goal= Striker
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

61dicksey wrote:Lets not forget they also missed two penalties so it kind of flattered the final score, easily could have been 7-3 , Adam Smith has a problem raising his arms in the penalty box and got nicked at Man utd but not today.Having said that they ran us ragged , Josh King is much more mobile than anything we have and it showed pace power and an eye for goal= Striker

Unlike that fuckng statue we had up front
61dicksey
Has liked: 580 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

He was worse than a broken street light today.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

I'm going to hazard a guess and say we must have one of the worst defensive records in the league.

Which is staggering considering the players we have there (bar a RB) that to me is poor coaching.

Let's not forget we shipped our fair share of goals last season as well, but we papered over those cracks with some amazing results.

Come on Slav sort it out mate, this hammer is starting to lose faith.
HoppyHammer

Post by HoppyHammer »

Well that was embarrassing got a ticket in with Bournemouth fans. They fully deserved 3 points as they played as a well organised team. The stupidity of playing AC as a lone striker was demonstrated with the ease with which they allowed them to break when we inevitably lose the ball. Why no Byram from the start, why no Ayew. Poor tactics from Bilic and he seems incapable of learning and persists in making the same mistake every time
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

There is no point in over analysing. Wrong team choice and beaten by the better team today.

This is our best 11 imo

Adrian
Byram Reid fonte cressie

Koyate obaing

Lanzini

Andre. Carroll. Antonio
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

These have been the most shocking side in the league since the start of the year...have a patched up defence, suspensions and their best striker injured. Yet deserved to beat us without question. I would like to say the season is fading out, but if we carry on like this we may well be looking over our shoulder.

Can't understand why Ayew isn't starting. Always making stuff happen.
Beavis Danzig
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

don't know if you can even put cresswell in there, and we were actually playing well before carroll came back.

i'd go

--------------adrian-------
byram---fonte-reid--masuaku
--------kouyate-obiang
---------------lanzini
snodgrass-----------antonio
----------------ayew
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

somerset-hammer wrote:I'm going to hazard a guess and say we must have one of the worst defensive records in the league.

Which is staggering considering the players we have there (bar a RB) that to me is poor coaching.

Let's not forget we shipped our fair share of goals last season as well, but we papered over those cracks with some amazing results.

Come on Slav sort it out mate, this hammer is starting to lose faith.
The number of times we've scored twice and not won in the last 18 months is unbelievable.
steps
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Post by steps »

We need a mobile striker asap cause Carroll was like a lump of wood today.

Carroll coming on at the back-end of games leaping against tired defenders is the better Carroll imo.
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

Our defence last season was doing well until Collins went off injured at home to Spurs. As for Ayew, he's always done better off the bench rather than starting. Was only six weeks ago people were saying he should be shipped to UAE. Think him and Carroll uptop could work really well though.
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

steps wrote:We need a mobile striker asap cause Carroll was like a lump of wood today.

Carroll coming on at the back-end of games leaping against tired defenders is the better Carroll imo.

He is cleary not fit. No one can be that slow.
traxop

Post by traxop »

Carroll was poor but where was the service? We hardly had any crosses around the byline, just long speculators from the outside that ended up being easy pickings for their defenders.

Did Antonio even manage to make a pass to Carroll all game? You would expect the person playing off of the Target man to have some sore two-way interaction with him. Also I don't recall Kouyate managing a single overlapping run with Feghouli all game.
Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig »

ironsjh wrote:Our defence last season was doing well until Collins went off injured at home to Spurs. As for Ayew, he's always done better off the bench rather than starting. Was only six weeks ago people were saying he should be shipped to UAE. Think him and Carroll uptop could work really well though.
we can't play two up top as a plan a, unless they're both pace merchants.

big man little man is dead in just about every other top flight club in european football for a reason.
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

State of some of these posts. :lol:

Obiang made the type of pass that Noble is in the side for. He was lucky not to get sent off today.

To summarise;
- This is a Bournemouth team that when they turn up, cause problems. Towards the end, they were countering by swarming in numbers. Was effective.
- Carroll had a shocker. Ref didn't help him, but he looked unfit and sluggish.
- Antonio's not good enough to play off Carroll. Sick of him getting the ball and shooting from 30+ yards.
- Obiang with his balls for Carroll (vs Southampton) and today for Byram are the passes Noble should be making.

So basically, missing a (1st team quality) RB, ST and imo a more mobile midfield than Noble and Obiang. Ultimately, same story, different week. Got nothing to play for; just regroup until the Summer.

Would love to know what Southampton are doing right with their recruitment process throughout;
Lost; Pochettino, Koeman, Lallana, Lambert, Lovrens, Schneiderlin, Wanayama, Mane and Cyne; add in Bale, Shaw, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and it's bewildering how they've been able to lose such players as a selling club, but replace them. Gabbadini trumps Zaha, Fletch, Calleri, Ilan, Valencia, Ayew, Mido, McCarthy, Emmenoke, Obinna, Chamakh, Borriello etc.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

We are certainly outsiders for relegation but I woukd like us to pick the final points we need sharpish or things may get a bit tight for my liking. What is that now? Five games without a win?

EDIT my mistake. 4 games without a win
Macca1973
Has liked: 1832 likes
Total likes: 1145 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:We are certainly outsiders for relegation but I woukd like us to pick the final points we need sharpish or things may get a bit tight for my liking. What is that now? Five games without a win?
Always one team that drops like a stone Crouchey! Other teams down there will at least be fighting for their lives, we look devoid of fight and ability. Could yet get 'squeaky bum' :shock:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

That trip to Dubai was well worth it wasn't it?. Who the f*** sanctions this and what is the ****ing point of it all? We were starting to get up a head of steam before that and haven't won a match since we returned
Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Puff Daddy wrote:That trip to Dubai was well worth it wasn't it?. Who the **** sanctions this and what is the ****ing point of it all? We were starting to get up a head of steam before that and haven't won a match since we returned
played well vs. watford and west brom though. buzzing and full of energy if not clinical enough.

despite everyone and their nan saying we needed a striker i preferred how we looked then to now we've got a largely immobile target man up top.