West Ham Utd 2-3 Leicester City (18/03/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Re: West Ham Utd vs Leicester City: match thread

Post by Iron George »

hammerman11 wrote:relegation is not on the cards we are currently 9 pts off 18th with a better goal difference.

we are currently 12th which is about right for us although I would hope for a top 10 finish again.

we lost a thrilling game of football yesterday. no one can say they didnt get their moneys worth.

we defended awful in the first half.

slav got them going in the second half.

we had injuries and disruption to the team with reid and obiang going off

we were very unlucky not to get a draw at least.

we are unfit, have poor defenders,poor tactics, poor strikers. same old west ham

we are not going down. slav will turn it around in next 4 games.
Maybe we could double Slav's salary and he could then get them going from the start of the game.

You just can't gift PL side a two goal advantage and expect to turn it around on a regular basis.
Iron George

Post by Iron George »

RayleighHammer23 wrote:The goalkeeper debate going again? We have two below average to average depending on the day goalkeepers. It would be so nice to have a keeper that could command his area and organise his defence.

Agree with this.

We have two keepers of very similar ability.

Adrian is better than Randy at some things and Randy is better than Adrian at others - but they are both distinctly average.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

hammerman11 wrote:we are unfit, have poor defenders,poor tactics, poor strikers. same old west ham

slav will turn it around in next 4 games.
You have identified some major flaws in our side/squad. What is going to make Bilic suddenly resolve all of these issues overnight?
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

As usual under Slav, great going forwards, garbage at the back. Fonte has been such a massive disappointment so far and our shape is just all over the place.
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

Relegation is very much a possibility... Said it last week and I'll say it again, we're in a fight

All of our remaining games are against teams considerably better than us fighting for honours or top 4 or teams scrapping for their lives.

There is normally a team dragged in to it from nowhere, I think that could be us. I honestly don't see where the next win is coming from

If you add all of the above to the fact we lost arguably our best two players of the season to what looked like lengthy injuries yesterday makes for a pretty bleak outlook

Should've been 3-1 down after 20 mins against Bournemouth last week, 2-0 down against Leicester after 7 mins yesterday, lost both, Bournemouth hadn't won for f*** knows how long and Leicester hadn't won away all season, no win in 5 shipping 11 goals for good measure

If that isn't relegation form I don't know what is
Iron George

Post by Iron George »

sharphammer wrote:Relegation is very much a possibility... Said it last week and I'll say it again, we're in a fight

All of our remaining games are against teams considerably better than us fighting for honours or top 4 or teams scrapping for their lives.

There is normally a team dragged in to it from nowhere, I think that could be us. I honestly don't see where the next win is coming from

If you add all of the above to the fact we lost arguably our best two players of the season to what looked like lengthy injuries yesterday makes for a pretty bleak outlook

Should've been 3-1 down after 20 mins against Bournemouth last week, 2-0 down against Leicester after 7 mins yesterday, lost both, Bournemouth hadn't won for **** knows how long and Leicester hadn't won away all season, no win in 5 shipping 11 goals for good measure

If that isn't relegation form I don't know what is
45/1 available on Betfair, which seems overpriced when you see the others around us are:

Watford 16/1
Bournemouth 30/1
Leicester 25/1
Burnley 19/1

Personally, though I think we are in a dreadful run of form and won't gain many more points this season, I don't think we will be relegated. Fortunately for us there are some proper pony teams in the bottom four and thank God for those fortuitous six points in four days in December against Burnley and Hull

However, Hull, Swansea and Sunderland are all six pointers now - and MUST be games we get points from.
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

I noticed that ratface only made one dive yesterday, as opposed to Okazaki who"made the most of minimal contact" about a half dozen times.

Also Schmeichel time wasting as early as the 14th minute. :thdn:

Entertaining game nevertheless, the deciding factor being our Mickey Mouse defending.

Obiang probably his worst game for us.

Snodgrass very disappointing, not living up to his rep.

Fernandes & Masuaku looked good.

We ain't going down, but we ain't up to much.

Enjoy the break!
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Noble took all the blame recently, yesterday was further proof Randolph needs to be dropped and many agree, but what about out top striker, he is simply not good enough, Carroll is far too slow, he makes us so one dimensional and yesterday one shot should have been right in the back of the net, we can;t carry on like this with him the wage we pay him, we need better, only problem other than China who will take him?
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Iron George wrote:
45/1 available on Betfair, which seems overpriced when you see the others around us are:

Watford 16/1
Bournemouth 30/1
Leicester 25/1
Burnley 19/1

Personally, though I think we are in a dreadful run of form and won't gain many more points this season, I don't think we will be relegated. Fortunately for us there are some proper pony teams in the bottom four and thank God for those fortuitous six points in four days in December against Burnley and Hull

However, Hull, Swansea and Sunderland are all six pointers now - and MUST be games we get points from.
We were 150/1 on Paddy Power last week. Pains me to say it, and I do regret it now, but I stuck a score on. Goes against my principles but my thinking was if we do have a complete stinker at least I will have paid for my season ticket for the next three seasons
Crouchend_Hammer

jaybs wrote:Noble took all the blame recently, yesterday was further proof Randolph needs to be dropped and many agree, but what about out top striker, he is simply not good enough, Carroll is far too slow, he makes us so one dimensional and yesterday one shot should have been right in the back of the net, we can;t carry on like this with him the wage we pay him, we need better, only problem other than China who will take him?

He was poor, and has been since he came bqck afyer injury. Huth and that Belanoune character had him in their pockets all afternoon.
We should have gone with Ayew up front. West Brom was the best we have played recently so should have lined up in a similar way.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Disappointed not to be reading more praise for Lanzinis showing yesterday .

joyful to watch .
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Iron George wrote:
45/1 available on Betfair
I make us a 40/1 shot, but only based on the prices we will be against Swansea, Sunderland and Hull who are all below us.

Yesterday was like last years home game against Leicester. Completely all over the place and 2 goals down early into the game, before battering them in the second half.

I don't see us getting relegated, but what an awful season it has turned out to be to even be mentioning it 29 games in. These ****ing jokers in charge are at least being found out. (Owners not Bilic).
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Not much to add to what has already.

Apart from Snodgrass - f*** me he was dog poor. Made Byram's performance all the more impressive.
Crouchend_Hammer

the pink palermo wrote:Disappointed not to be reading more praise for Lanzinis showing yesterday .

joyful to watch .
Him and mahrez were best players on the park
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

Too right PP. He was exceptional.

A word also on our visitors. I really have grown to dislike them after this season. I heard reports of the kind of fans they were up at their place at the end of last year, and the way the team all played like drains for 6 months before Ranieri was sacked and are now playing like they are bothered really takes the pee wee IMO. They probably won't be, but I'd not be at all sorry to see them relegated.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

the pink palermo wrote:Disappointed not to be reading more praise for Lanzinis showing yesterday .

joyful to watch .
It's a shame he has nobody on his wavelength to play with. Can't see him being here much longer, he's far too good for a mid table club.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

joyful to watch .
I had him and Byram as our two best players yesterday. I really hope we can hold on to him this summer because they will come knocking that's for sure.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

I think Lanzini is thinking to himself , "wtf am I doing with this pile of ****" if a Spanish club came in for him as I don't think an English club above us needs him , he would be off and for once who could blame him?
warontheterraces
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by warontheterraces »

EvilC wrote: You have identified some major flaws in our side/squad. What is going to make Bilic suddenly resolve all of these issues overnight?
Well Bilic has had 7 months of the season so far to iron (no pun intended) out these failings but seems unable to do so. Can't see anything changing, West Ham are just stuck in a rut...
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

joyful to watch .
At the heart of everything good yesterday by us....must also add that their 2nd goal was genius as free kicks go.