Hull City 2-1 West Ham Utd (01/04/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Re: Hull City v West Ham Utd:match thread

Post by smuts »

Humbug wrote:. Byram is way out his depth as a right back and maybe better in an attacking midfield role. That RB hole is going to be the death of us.
Which is where he played for Leeds.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Kialos wrote:Snodgrass was rubbish, I expect to see far more commitment than that piss poor effort from a player up against a former club. Hull saw us coming, £10m???? FMOB

Feghouli has to be one of the worst displays I've seen for some time, absolutely clueless and useless in equal measure from the first minute.

Andy Carroll is the only player who can hold his head up high this evening.
Agree with all, but thought Arthur did well when he came on. Cresswell has become complete pants
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

when I saw the team I feared the worst. An out of form cresswell who hit a long pass to carroll and then that was it o tackles no blocks and out of position.
fonte and collins together are too slow.
I wondered who apart from lanzini would hold the ball in the middle
Randolph poor again

seemed to lack any organisation and even when leading didnt do much.
stinkers by fegouli cresswell ayew snodgrass
poor by collins kouyate byram randolph fonte
good by carroll and lanzini

so basically 2 players turned up for an important game ! no wonder we lost
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you

Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, our money's all been spent
I guess that's so, we don't have a plot
But at least I'm sure of all the things we got

Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

I got flowers in the spring
I got you to wear my ring
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always around

Don't let them say your hair's too long
'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

I got you to hold my hand
I got you to understand
I got you to walk with me
I got you to talk with me
I got you to kiss goodnight
I got you to hold me tight
I got you, I won't let go
I got you to love me so

I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

No doubt plenty of bull appearing on the club website this week on how hard they are working to nturn it around. wonder goals in training etc. cringeworthy. Think some of the players must believe the hype on how hard they work and how good they are in training.
Then on matchday reality bites.

we have a 70 year old fitness coach !!!!
we have dicks who does nothing other than put a few cones out. he looks half dead on the bench

Time to move on to the next match I guess.....arsenal ! away win west ham way Please !

COYI
The Old Mile End
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by The Old Mile End »

What a pile of collective **** we have become.

Could two teams in this world class league play so poorly for two consecutive halves? No – one can though – us.

So many players are playing out there with no confidence. The amount of times someone receives the ball, checks and goes backwards towards his own goal is staggering. What have they been working on at training in the last two weeks?

Lanzini apart, almost everyone just doesn’t want it right now. It was painful to watch the likes of Ayew and Feghouli attempt one-two’s. Double the pain watching Kouyate’s passing game. Snoddy has totally lost his way and is a shadow of what Hull thought he was just two months ago. Fonte seems to have gone with him – throwing his name away within the first five minutes and then proceeding to misplace passes and control consistently.

Making Carroll captain meant he tried his heart out. But it was a classic tale of trying too hard. There’s no need for you to take the corners or stick in the crosses Andy – but there is a need for you to be in the box though (splendidly taken goal by the way).

You look at someone like Ayew and think of all the players we have ever bought in our entire history, he cost more than any of them. WTF?

The only time we looked comfortable on the ball was when Fernandes and Masuaku came on. Both should really have started this game. Ironically, we conceded once they were on but the impetus had swung since the equaliser went in. Feghouli lazily left his man for that one – very Payet style.

I still think 36 points gets you safe, but wasn’t counting on losing this one. On paper the Arse should murder us in the week and the table could look a lot different next Saturday.

Expect a very nervy game coming up.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Good day out, but the football was *****

1-0 and cruising at half time, you knew hull would change it, you knew we wouldn't react...and that's the problem...a team changes its tactics, we don't or can't react

I said at ht, nothing silly in the first 10 minutes...and yet again we concede early...As soon as it went in, I knew what would happen, so did everyone, it literally happens every week

Carroll and lanzini looked like they wanted it, no one else comes out with any credit at all...sadly neither will want to stick around for another season of this rubbish

Snodgrass...going back to his old stomping ground, point to prove, looked knackered...feghouli...needs dropping, just awful, brings nothing to the team...and cresswell...what has happened??

We missed Antonio today...

We look like a team devoid of any confidence...if this was the West Ham who won at Southampton, we would have stuck 4 past these, but instead the inevitable happened

Has bilic lost the dressing room? Looks that way...I am starting to question his stubbornness and puss poor tactics...he is getting far more wrong these days...I want him to stay and get it right, but I can see the owners scapegoating him...what happened to avram at Wigan could happen to Slav at Burnley

Also...what were the old bill doing after the game...piss poor, I hope no one got hurt in the nonsense
steps
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Post by steps »

We are far too weak in too many areas. Ok, we had a depleated team out yesterday but players like Byram, Feghouli and Snodgrass are far too ordinary and no way should be getting a start when we have a fully fit team.

Feghouli takes a lot of stick and I can see why, he is a frustrating player but I thought he got himself in some good areas but missed numerous chances what he should of buried.

The thing that worked for us last season was being able to switch up the forward line between the likes of Carroll, Sakho, Valencia, Zarate and then Emenike. This season we can only play one way pinging balls into Carroll other than that we don't have any strikers of note worth bringing on, how we didn't even go for a 'Sully Special' loan in January for a front man in beyond me.

In the first half I thought we more or less controlled the game, Carroll took his goal well but should of gone on to put them to bed. Second half we were like a different team and seemed to be going through the motions - we deserved everything we got basically. No passion or desire to kill the game off.

Bad day at the office. The over zealous stewarding in the ground was the icing on the cake for me, probably fair to say I won't be rushing back to Hull in a hurry.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Badly missed our midfield yesterday. Think we'd have won with noble and obiang playing. Kouyate no longer good enough​.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

Not sure lanzini is the answer at cm either
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

First of all watching our pre-match warm up didn't feel me with much confidence, the shots at goal had the Hull fans laughing at us especially when Fletcher over his own feet but whole thing seemed a shambles with players wandering all over the pitch seeming to ignore the coaches who themselves actually seemed more interested in practising their own ball skills.

Hull in the first half were shocking but we were little better but individually a couple of players in Carroll and Lanzini whose performance individually probably meant we went in with a deserved lead.

Second half Hull put on an extra midfielder and we didn't react so suddenly seemed to be in situations we were overrun as the likes of Ayew and Feghouli were now being caught up field constantly when we lost the ball that it just seemed a matter of when they would get an easy chance to equalise.

After they equalised and we made a couple of substitutions I thought the game could go either way but once again as it seems since Randolph has been in goal we conceded our customary goal from a corner/set piece.

For me yesterday result has convinced me 100% we are in a relegation battle and unfortunately with the way we defend as a team and with Randolph in goal for the remainder of the season I predict we we will not win another game this season while we are conceding two goals a game and will rely on the odd point here or there to try and keep us up.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Kouyate no longer good enough​.
:shock:

Seriously? Kouyate is a superb player imo but yet again his 'form' & performance have turned to sh*t.

Add to the 'Off Form' this season list is/was: Adrian, Cresswell, Fonte, Snodgrass, Noble, Ayew, ZaZa, Tore, Nordtveit, Byram that's 11 or 12 players all at the same time.

Either they have ALL lost confidence, or not understanding instructions from Bilic or the players have 'downed tools' & forcing the Board to sack Bilic....

It took seven months for Leicester City to sack Ranieri this season, I feel we are seeing something very similar at our club. The Players have lost there fighting spirit, fitness levels & any organisation skills. All should be past down to the players from our Manager & coaching staff. Leicester City wanted Ranieri out for months. They could have replaced him with a microwave....look at their results & form now?

I'll state it again. The 'will to win', 'fight in their belly' will all return when our current coaching staff leave the Club. Bilic gets the grief over this season but I do hold the rest of our Muppet backroom staff jointly responsible for this disgraceful mess.

Simple imo. Bilic stays we will get relegated. He leaves & we have Billy Bonds as Manager to the end of the season, we'll stay up. Feels like from the players point of view 'Anyone, apart from him(Bilic)' C**tish but same was done to Ranieri, Moyes at Man Utd & Mourinho at Chelsea.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

Very disappointing yesterday. For me the players just don't seem to know where they are supposed to be half of the time. No confidence. I thought Carroll looked well up for it and was pleased with his work rate. Apart from that I can't think of anything else positive to say? The away bar thing they have was a nice touch. Oh and I had a good laugh on the train home. That's about it! Not looking forward to Wednesday at all...
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

:crest:
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

dwight agree entirely. only 2 players wanted it carroll and lanzini.

I think we should forget the arsenal game go for a narrow defeat rest lanzini and carroll .

swansea is huge win and we stay up defeat and we are in big trouble

today swansea v boro - swansea win sees them go to 30 pts 3 behind us with the match on saturday to come.

On tuesday burnley v stoke . if burnley win that they go above us.

wednesday arsenal v west ham. cant see anything other than a home win
Hull v boro Home win
swansea v spurs win that and they are level with us prior to saturday match

If results go against us we will be very near bottom 3 after saturdays matches.

we then face sunderland away ! everton at home

It could all go wrong and we are in bottom 3 by 23rd april !

must beat swansea !
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

We have a number of players who are not good enough. But Kouyate ain't one of them. He is hideously out of form though. As is Noble of course. There is something seriously wrong. Slight uplift when payet went but now slipped back.

Despite some hints yesterday (Chalks) I have deduced there is a lot of intelligent guesswork going on at the moment. I want answers but suspect I will never find out...unless we do go down.
steps
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Post by steps »

I said in my earlier post Byram (amongst others) shouldn't get a start when we have a fully fit team.

But just realised, when we have a fully fit team we don't have any else to play at RB.

Hahahaha. :|
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 703 likes
Total likes: 1634 likes

Post by chalks »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Come on then Chalks...who's causing the unrest?
Sullivan.

Not just on the playing side either
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

I thought I'd given you a fairly decent answer Hugh
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Cheers Chalks. That's a significant issue as he ain't going anywhere...apart from the obvious for a man of his age.

Sorry Oz..I've missed it somehow. Probably because my kids insisted I watched the walking dead last night....when when you consider poor Slavs predicament...was rather apt.
Last edited by Hugh Jargon on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.