Arsenal 3-0 West Ham Utd (05/04/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Dyl

Re: Arsenal vs West Ham United Match Thread

Post by Dyl »

Dyl wrote:
It is. They sold our best player and replaced his position in the team with a **** Scottish journeyman.
This club is an embarrassment.
'stone hammer wrote:Were you really expecting us to sign Gareth ****ing Bale? IIRC our 'best player' wasn't actually our best player since he refused to ****ing play.
I am of the opinion Payet was promised certain things by the board which were then proven to be lies. Like many I didnt blame him for wanting out. He's world class and was surrounded by sh*t.

Gold sold him and replaced him with a cheap, budget version, pocketing the change. I said from the word go Snodgrass was a completely ludicrous waste of time and money.

You wait, Antonio and Lanzini next out the door to be replaced by crap - and that's if we even stay up.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

Not crap c&bt but belief that. Bilic and the players will turn this situation around starting with a win this weekend.im not throwing in the towell yet like some on here. :scarfer:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

My_Sobriquet wrote:At what point do we consider it unlikely all our players are crap and consider it may be an issue with the management and coaching....

Bilic is a nice chap but he was quick enough to **** off to Everton when it suited him, maybe we should do what's best for the club. I know what the attitudes on here would be like if Sam lost 5 on the trot (which he never did by the way)
It doesn't take many players to be crap for a team to struggle - just a couple - the goalkeeper and the centre forward, for example.

Randolph. Zaza.

Between those two we are at least ten points off where we would have been with PL standard versions.
roblo
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Post by roblo »

We all expected us to lose, and we lost. The main game is on Saturday.

We were at the back of the stand - what was going on with the upper tier?
'stone hammer
Has liked: 787 likes
Total likes: 546 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Both yourself and HH are saying 'I assume' and 'I am of the opinion'. You do not 100% know this. Even if it was true, does this excuse Payet of putting in half-arsed performances all season and eventually saying, 'na, had enough of this, I'm not playing'? And I do agree with you on the rest of what you're saying, I don't blame him for wanting out. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of our first XI leaves.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Apologies for straying off topic
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

At this rate, that will mean them lining up against us. Surely, we may as well keep them for ourselves
Worryingly that's a distinct possibility... we would have an awesome young team down there though

---------------Adrian---------
Byram Oxford Burke Cresswell
Quina Cullen Obiang Antonio
-------------- Lanzini -----------
---------------Fletcher----------

Bring on the championship !!
ihateroeder
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by ihateroeder »

Just ****ing drop Randolph ffs!
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

Hatcham Iron wrote:Not crap c&bt but belief that. Bilic and the players will turn this situation around starting with a win this weekend.im not throwing in the towell yet like some on here. :scarfer:
It's not about some on here throwing in the towel, it's those f*ckers on the pitch (unfortunately).
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

I think fans need to start asking the question of why are so many players not performing under bilic? Watching tonight we haven't improved in any area's, we are slow and have no sense of purpose. Defend? Attack? Counter attack, contain? Retain posession? We're not acheiving anything.
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

Sakho and Carroll up front. Ayew to the bench. Adrian in. Randolph to the bench. Recall Oxford and play him in front of the back four.

.................. Adrian
Kouyate Collins Fonte Cresswell/M
................... Oxford
.......Antonio. Noble. Lanzini
............ Sakho. Carroll

Something like that.
Last edited by rsnwhu on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

That was pathetic .....

Arsenal under all sorts of pressure were given perhaps their easiest game of the season ... WTF

I wasn't sure if Bilic had lost the players, I am now, there was no effort, no fight, no nothing ....

Make no mistake this is relegation form, the only thing that will keep us up is three teams even worse than us, the two Northern donkeys for sure but who's the third?

Hull and Crystal Palace are scrapping hard, so Swansea?

That makes this weekend feckin' MASSIVE ..... will Bilic still be here for that? or do we need the 'new manager' bounce?
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

This is the same team as last season, the same manager as last season, the same owners as last season.

It's only two things are different:

Payet

Upton Park.
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

With Collins and Fonte as a CB pairing and Randolph behind them you may as well place a 'Welcome' mat down at the edge of the box.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

mrbluesky wrote:This is the same team as last season, the same manager as last season, the same owners as last season.

It's only two things are different:

Payet

Upton Park.
Our back five for most of last season was Adrian, Tomkins, Reid, Ogbonna, Cresswell - four of whom had been drilled together under the prior manager. Not one of them played tonight for various reasons, sadly the replacements are all below the standard those 5 set last season.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by James P »

hammer1975 wrote:sadly the replacements are all below the standard those 5 set last season.
And the defence was our weakest aspect last season.
continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

We did well enough tonight up until their first goal, which I didn't think should have been given, however poor Randolph's attempt at saving that shot was.

But I was asking myself, in the first half, why Antonio was not encouraged to keep running at Bellerin, who he had the beating of, and who could have quickly seen another yellow. Instead, if saw rightly, Bilic swapped him over to the right.
And what exactly was our game plan in the second half? Win the ball, lump it forwards blindly in the hope that Carroll might be in the vicinity of where it landed?
What, exactly, do our well-paid coaching team talk about to the team at half time?
What role is Ayew meant to be playing?
And what has happened to Snodgrass? How has he forgotten how to play football in so few weeks?
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by James P »

Claret & Blue World wrote:With Collins and Fonte as a CB pairing and Randolph behind them you may as well place a 'Welcome' mat down at the edge of the box.
Whoever we've sent out in defence have conceded goals for nearly 18 months. We have been abysmal defensively all the way back to the end of 2015. No one with power seems to have even noticed let alone taken steps to address it.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

hammer1975 wrote:sadly the replacements are all below the standard those 5 set last season.
James P wrote: And the defence was our weakest aspect last season.
Quite agree James, it appears to be a blind spot of our board, the manager or (likely) both
continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

James P wrote: Whoever we've sent out in defence have conceded goals for nearly 18 months. We have been abysmal defensively all the way back to the end of 2015. No one with power seems to have even noticed let alone taken steps to address it.
The goals I find particularly irritating are the ones that we concede from an opposing player running the ball to the goal line then pulling a simple pass back to an unmarked teammate standing on or around the penalty spot, who then side foots the ball into the net. Just like Walcott tonight. We've conceded so many like this this season, I've lost count.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Defence absolutely shocking at the moment

Two of the oldest and slowest centre backs we've ever had, paired with a young right back who is playing well out of his depth. Aaron Creswell looking absolutely pony this season, Masuaku deserves a chance next season and I would keep Reid too.

Need at least 2 CBs and a right back. Keep Crees for back up, get rid of the rest. Can't bare to see Oggy at LB again!

Midfield okay but need to get rid of Snoddy and Feghouli.

Need a striker, obviously.

Blame has got to be with the board and Slaven, for a) not using money and taking the easy fix EVERY TIME, and Slaven for bringing players like Tore and Zaza in, spunking the budget well and truly.

I love Slav but coming to the end of my teather with him.

Swansea game will be huge.