Sunderland 2-2 West Ham Utd (15/04/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

alkali
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Sunderland v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by alkali »

Turns to Stone wrote:Anyone else getting the impression that Bilic is behaving like a manager who's just treading water until he gets the boot?
No, but I am getting the impression that Puff is a really irritating crow
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

James P wrote:
100%

Payet carried us last year. Lanzini isn't the equivalent.
Last season we still had the remnants of big sams sort of solidness, this sticks of Moyes and Martinez at Everton. great first season but as soon as he imposed his ideas on the team they couldn't defend
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Turns to Stone wrote:Anyone else getting the impression that Bilic is behaving like a manager who's just treading water until he gets the boot?
Said weeks ago he was a dead man walking. At the moment, I couldn't care less if he went tonight.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

James P wrote:
100%

Payet carried us last year. Lanzini isn't the equivalent.

b*llocks

This season, we couldn't even carry him. Last season was due to fantastic team ethic, above any one player.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Colours never run wrote:Goals have never really been our major issue, it's all about the other end that causes serious concern. The Keeper would go along way towards helping hat situation but by no means the only problem defensively.
I've been banging this drum for 18 months. We don't need more goals. We need better defenders. No doubt the summer will be all about which striker we need to sign though.
Last edited by James P on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

WoodgateHammer wrote:I really don't understand why so many on here are going mental... this is West Ham....

Opposing team desperate for a win and fighting relegation, along come West Ham, how many times has this happened before...you should be used to it by now.

There's being positive and then there's following West Ham, it's been like this for a long time and isn't going to change any time soon. Last year was a freak season because of one player who isn't here anymore.

I'm totally not surprised by today's result as I'm sure some of the other long term fans won't be either.

I wasn't there today but can't wait to hear from those that where there.

:crest:
That's right. Shut up and just accept that we're crappy old West Ham and know our place. That's exactly why we are where we are. What's that saying ? ' Aim low, and you will achieve low' Or something like that).
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

James P wrote:
I've been banging this drum for 18 months. We don't need for goals. We need better defenders. No doubt the summer will be all about which striker we need to sign though.

Couldn't agree more.
Stringey
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Stringey »

We look so slow and unfit it's been like this all season. We are so slow at breaking forward and today made Sunderland look half decent which is a shocker. I m sorry to say but I think Slav has had his time with us now, we need someone who is going to work the team at a much higher tempo and keep going until the final whistle. We look fragile and have done for a long time. I m not sure what the attraction is with keeping Randolph in goal but this decision could well cost Slav his job.

If we are not careful I can see us becoming next seasons 'Sunderland'.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Can I just remind everyone that its not us that picks the team its Bilic, and his job relies on those decisions ...

We got the point which I believe will keep us up - 37 will be enough and maybe now he can just let the shackles off and play a side set up.

If he;'d played gung ho and we'd lost that some of you muppets would have been asking why he didn't play safe ...
thosewerethedays
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by thosewerethedays »

I came on here on here to see what actually happened in the game, but yet again just loads of posts slagging of the team and manager. Virtually no sensible comments or points, just knee jerk over reactions.
I think this site should just be locked from a minute before kick off, to at least a couple of hours after.
I really don't know why, or in fact whether a lot of the posters actually support West Ham.
Yes, we are a bit s***, we always have been, we probably always will be, but as a fan you are supposed to support us in spite of that.
James P

Post by James P »

Colours never run wrote: b*llocks

This season, we couldn't even carry him. Last season was due to fantastic team ethic, above any one player.
We let in bundles last season. It was only him scoring and creating enough that covered it up.

Fantastic team ethic didn't stop us having a defence like a sieve last year.
James P

Post by James P »

pezza20 wrote:If he;'d played gung ho and we'd lost that some of you muppets would have been asking why he didn't play safe ...
It's Sunderland. The worst team in the league. We should have been able to win without going gung ho. We should have just been better than them.
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

Does no one remember when Payet got injured last season? same results this year without him
traxop

Post by traxop »

Surely Randolph has to be blackmailing Bilic for him to have retained the goal keeping position for as long as he has.

Getting pinned like that for the first goal and the same manner for the West Brom equaliser is just unacceptable. He needs to fight through the crowd better.

It's getting to the point where his big blunders are masking his lesser ones like his inability to position himself correctly for cutback crosses. I still remember Martial scoring in last season's game where he gamble on the cross and Martial scored on the near post, or more recently where he couldn't deal with the cutback in the Spurs games and only managed to lay the ball to Kane on a plate.

Adrian has to start next week.
Ariksan
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Ariksan »

pezza20 wrote:Don't balme the keeper, blame the defenders and nobody on the posts - I know its supposedly statistically better to have nobody on the posts but the last few games we'd have saved 2 goals ...
It's part of the keepers job to direct the defenders. By all his faults, Adrian is very vocal.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

This crap about Sam's defensive solidness :lol:

When Bilic started it took good few games for the players (defenders) to get use to playing football, keeping possession and passing instead of just hoofing it out and there was a noticible change but it took them a while.

I can't be bothered but if you go through our games since Xmas I'm sure Randolph would have cost us at least 10 points or one of his mistakes being the turning point to us turning into a circus.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

would've been a dour win with any other keeper from the top two divisions.

slav should've stuck with calleri too. we played better with some movement up top last week than in any of the weeks previous where punting it to carroll is our alpha and omega.
ihateroeder
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by ihateroeder »

#droprandolph
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

James P wrote:We let in bundles last season. It was only him scoring and creating enough that covered it up.
It's a tempting conclusion.....but flawed.

The goalkeepers have made absolute mountains of errors this year - way, way beyond last year's levels as are the goals conceded stat.

The attacking midfield is scoring as many as last year - it's the back up striker (Sakho) and the central midfield (Kouyate Noble) that have fallen away in goal contributions.
ihateroeder
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by ihateroeder »

No Randolph has made far more errors than Adrian