West Ham Utd 1-0 Tottenham (05/05/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerdivone

Re: West Ham Utd vs Tottenham: match thread

Post by hammerdivone »

Modern wrote:Heartbreaking performance by Spurs, I've thought and thought about this all weekend and in the end we have to accept you were the better team. Executed the plan Bilic put together to perfection, he deserves great credit.
Makes a change to hear this than some of the drivel UTJ posted on that link. :thup:

A couple of Spurs fans I know said much the same. You were poor but then we never let you get started and for once our energy levels lasted the 90+ minutes.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2703 likes

Post by sendô »

A Spurs fan speaking common sense, the exception that proves the rule.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

sendô wrote:A Spurs fan speaking common sense, the exception that proves the rule.
swings and roundabouts , that 'fighting cock ' site has to be one of the worst sites ive ever had the displeasure of looking at , not just for the bile and spite towards us , but for the general standard of
any debate on a multitude of subjects . really poor imo
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:

edit: Seen that it was already posted.

Btw, is that the first time someone used a flare at West Ham ? Can't say I've ever seen it before...
NottinghamTom

Post by NottinghamTom »

Quite looking forward to work this morning. That's an odd feeling
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

"by Cardiff here we come..... on Sat May 06, 2017 8:59 pm

FA Cup Semi Finalists, Premiership Runners Up with Champions League Football guaranteed next season... and still f**k off in their droves. :thdn: The sense of entitlement is absolutely sickening.

Arrogant W*nkers"

I thought the same, couldn't Couldn't believe how many and fast they ****ed off, well before the final whistle too.
Their sense of entitlement is sickening, this is another reason why most teams dislike them.
wobble
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by wobble »

On another note did anyone else see Son kick Cresswell early in the first half down by the corner flag near BM / East stand end.
It wasn't just a tap but I full on deliberate kick, Cresswell called out to the linesman who was standing right in front of them but he just ignored everything.
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

This was on about 85 minutes. Took me a few seconds to get my phone turned on and working, so not exactly on 85.
The Big Show

Post by The Big Show »

To be fair with abuse and piss taking being screemed at you from all sides it's the last place you'd hang around too long. I'm sure that's on the whistle as those bloody bubble machines are churning out.
scottyboy71
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by scottyboy71 »

The Big Show wrote:To be fair with abuse and piss taking being screemed at you from all sides it's the last place you'd hang around too long. I'm sure that's on the whistle as those bloody bubble machines are churning out.
What's wrong with the bubble machines? I quite like the bubbles floating about.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

I'll just leave this here as well...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wildkard

Post by wildkard »

They went off prematurely. The bubble machines that is.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 510 likes
Total likes: 1304 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

wildkard wrote:This was on about 85 minutes. Took me a few seconds to get my phone turned on and working, so not exactly on 85.
Makes a nice change that the home end didn't look like that after 85 minutes.
wildkard

Post by wildkard »

Haha, yeah. Was a nightmare getting out. Those inconsiderate people who decided not to leave early for once have a lot to answer for.

Actually, if we end up being any good, it's going to be a nightmare all the time. Rather than just for two games of the season.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 510 likes
Total likes: 1304 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

wildkard wrote:Haha, yeah. Was a nightmare getting out. Those inconsiderate people who decided not to leave early for once have a lot to answer for.

Actually, if we end up being any good, it's going to be a nightmare all the time. Rather than just for two games of the season.
I was having this discussion with the wife yesterday. Because everyone normally leaves early we leave after full time and have a nice leisurely stroll to the station. Because everyone hung around having a party after the final whistle on Friday the walk was a ****ing nightmare :lol:
wildkard

Post by wildkard »

Same happened with Palace. Probably didn't help that the stadium bars were shut after the game on Friday though.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2677 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Modern wrote:Heartbreaking performance by Spurs, I've thought and thought about this all weekend and in the end we have to accept you were the better team. Executed the plan Bilic put together to perfection, he deserves great credit.
Always a pleasure to read your posts , Modern -

What I and possibly countless other West Ham have been thinking about over the weekend is ' How come it's taken this long to put a performance such as this together ? ' - we began last season in such a manner yet we couldn't seem to transfer such performances over to the London Stadium - it just goes to show the difficulties that arise in moving stadia affect both supporters and players alike and also shows it's imperative we retain Slaven Bilic to keep the momentum going next season .
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

Apart from the whole team being man of the match on friday i genuinely feel that the atmosphere made a massive difference, i was looking at the way arsenal celebrated their goals yesterday and it was so tame, Friday night i ended up 3 rows in front when we scored. What a night. What a game, players done us proud.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

Irks me that we're supposed to somehow feel bad for winning. Heard "Oh, right. You're happy Chelsea are going to win the league then are you!?" from a couple of Spurs fans.

We finally got to 42 points in a season with very few highs. Yes, OK, a happy coincidence that it also cost Spurs the league, but I really couldn't give less of a f**k who wins it. I worry about my own club.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I had to work all through the night in a Data Centre so shut myself off from Facebook, twitter, whatsapp etc and avoided the score. I was expecting to get home and watch until 4am to see us get beat. It was quite simply an amazing team performance, it was funny to see Spurs fans on the KUMB opposition view say we parked the bus, its an easy way out of saying they were tactically outclassed.

For what its worth i thought Ayew was man of the match in a game where everyone played very well. His work rate was phenomenal and he was dangerous everytime he got it, he put so much pressure on the defence and goalkeeper that they kept making mistakes. I have said it before but i think Lloris is actually a liability for Spurs at times, he must be one of the worst keepers in the league on the ball, he puts the Spurs back four under pressure time and time again. Ayew was on them every time Lloris passed it short, as he was obviously under instruction to do so whatever the situation and we forced their wing backs to hit it long all evening.

Spurs actually made it easy for us to counter, Lanzini was constantly sitting in the gap between their attacking full backs and centre backs and finding space all game. We really did a job on them and the back 3 hardly gave Kane a sniff apart from the time Adrian pulled off a wonder save.

Great performance and a much needed result after a poor season, its lifted everyone's spirits :thup: