West Ham Utd 1-0 Tottenham (05/05/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Tottenham: match thread

Post by hammer1975 »

They've got more about them going forward than Everton and Stoke so can't see a clean sheet. Sadly also can't see us scoring - even if we lined up with a 2-3-5 or something.

Have a feeling it will get a bit spicy on the pitch though - ref could have his work cut out. Noble, Ginge and Carroll (if he gets on) will be well up for this.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Agreed 1975

Who is the Ref anyway? Not that it matters as there's so many that piss me off these days. Michael Oliver strikes me as one of the best of a bad bunch. Doesn't always get it right but more often than not does and seems fairly level headed. It'll probably be that useless **** Jonathan Moss though, just to really f*** me off.
sosc67

Post by sosc67 »

Love for us to roll them 1-0 but would be glad for a 0-0 draw just to piss off there australian supporters
3Dicks
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by 3Dicks »

Anything but a humiliating defeat will do me.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

In all honesty I hope Carroll is unavailable for the game. I have seen enough of us lumping it forward to him, we look far more dangerous when we play the ball on the floor. As much as I don't rate caller at all I have to say his movement is far above Carrolls.

personally I would go with Sakho and Ayew for the first hour and then bring on Norman Stanley for the last half hour. If Sakho's back still hurts ( love him0 Then start with Fletcher and Ayew and bring on Carroll for the last 30.
Really don't want Carroll starting as we do fall into the lump it up tactic.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:In all honesty I hope Carroll is unavailable for the game. I have seen enough of us lumping it forward to him, we look far more dangerous when we play the ball on the floor. As much as I don't rate caller at all I have to say his movement is far above Carroll
I'd far rather have a goal threat on the pitch than Calleri fannying about trying to score rabonas when the only goal he has scored all season has been a deflection.
Exiledin Cardiff wrote: Really don't want Carroll starting as we do fall into the lump it up tactic.
Personally I'd like us to start with Carroll and Ayew. Give them something to think about. Let's be honest, when the big man is on it, there's not many CHs can deal with him. Having to deal with him and Ayew dancing about up front will be far harder than having to deal with the Argentinian.
The thing in our favour is that Bilic knows what this game means to the fans. Carroll knows. Noble knows. Ginge knows. Spurs will no doubt think this is 3 points in the bag already. Pochettino is already talking about how their game against us puts more pressure on Chelsea "if" they win. They will get a far harder game against us than they got yesterday that's for sure.

Part of me thinks that he might start with Sakho and Ayew up front. I have a sneaky feeling there's nothing wrong with Sakho. This game is everything to Slav. If he can get an hour from Sakho and then bring on carroll, Spurs might just see their party spoiled.

I genuinely do not see us losing this. Friday will be the best night we've had in the OS in my opinion. It has all the hallmarks. We win we stay up and we stop Spurs. Bring it on !! :crest:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Believer wrote:
I genuinely do not see us losing this. Friday will be the best night we've had in the OS in my opinion. It has all the hallmarks. We win we stay up and we stop Spurs. Bring it on !!

Although we're kind of on the same page, I do recoil in my skin when I read it out loud. Not that you are wrong, it's just the footballing Gods looking on will probably take umbrage with such confidence. They don't call you the Believer for nothing. :D

Its funny being a football fan, sometimes it's ok to think something will happen in your favour but another to say it openly.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

The bookies have all but written us off for this, I've seen us at 8/1 at some.

Just fearing that early Spurs goal, it could be embarrassing if they knock one in early doors.

Expecting plenty of "you're not West Ham any more" and "your grounds too big for you" chants :asleep:
Colours never run

That's alright, we'll return the compliment when they play at the rented National stadium next season.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I am sure they will be well bothered given it is only for one season before moving to a brand spanking new 60k stadium

What woukd be better if we as west ham fans had some anti board songs to sing loud and proud
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Colours never run wrote:

Although we're kind of on the same page, I do recoil in my skin when I read it out loud. Not that you are wrong, it's just the footballing Gods looking on will probably take umbrage with such confidence. They don't call you the Believer for nothing.

Its funny being a football fan, sometimes it's ok to think something will happen in your favour but another to say it openly.
Ha ha !

There's something about Slav. He knows what this game means. Something just makes me think that all the doubters will see what he is about on Friday. We've only got his word that Sakho is injured. How do we know that the big man hasn't been ready for a couple of weeks ?

I've just got a feeling. Maybe it's a hangover or the lurgy but just think we are in for a treat. :wink:
Colours never run

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:I am sure they will be well bothered given it is only for one season before moving to a brand spanking new 60k stadium

What woukd be better if we as west ham fans had some anti board songs to sing loud and proud

Think I'll be concentrating far more on backing our team than the Board for this one.
Colours never run

Believer wrote:[

Ha ha !

There's something about Slav. He knows what this game means. Something just makes me think that all the doubters will see what he is about on Friday. We've only got his word that Sakho is injured. How do we know that the big man hasn't been ready for a couple of weeks ?

I've just got a feeling. Maybe it's a hangover or the lurgy but just think we are in for a treat. :wink:

That's how I feel about him when the chips are down. He can't win them all and will eventually come unstuck but it is the type of game he knows the importance of and invariably delivers.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Calleri scores and I'm on the pitch
Colours never run

I hope he scores by trying the rabona again.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by Coops »

Did Spurs win the treble, the world cup, mastermind, Miss world and the grand national this weekend?
Listening to how their fans are crowing on social media it sounds like it.
Colours never run

It meant an end to 21 years of Arsenal always finishing above them, that's why they're having street parties to celebrate. Personally, I'd be embarrassed to think it's taken that long to finally overtake them after all the money they've spent down the years to achieve it whilst Arsenal moved house in the process.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Betfair have us at 8/1 at home to Spurs :o

Ridiculously high price if we can get a centre forward on the pitch.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Colours never run wrote:Agreed 1975

Who is the Ref anyway? Not that it matters as there's so many that piss me off these days. Michael Oliver strikes me as one of the best of a bad bunch. Doesn't always get it right but more often than not does and seems fairly level headed. It'll probably be that useless **** Jonathan Moss though, just to really **** me off.
Probably be that **** Mike "I love Spurs" Dean
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

Spurs are sadly too good for us and in fairness when faced with better sides who can step their game we simply have not been able to live with them this season.

Spurs this Friday and Liverpool the following week both have too much of a goal threat to realistically think our defence will continue the clean sheet run but unlike the Scousers the North London mob rarely gift goals so I can't see anything other than a 0-2 defeat at best this week with the follow week being the fixture where we have a better chance of getting something from to secure our safety.