Burnley 1-2 West Ham Utd (21/05/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Re: Burnley vs West Ham Utd: Match thread

Post by Beavis Danzig »

nice reminder of why those on here who would rather be playing dyche's football than slaven's are outright masochists.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

We finished only 1 point off 8th. Funny old game for sure. The season wasn't all bad. Just mostly, especially with the way we played that was partly mitigated with injuries and the stadium move.

And after 15 long attempts, we finally win (just) without Noble! :raver:

A lot of very good lessons to have been learnt from all and sundry for next season.

Come on you Irons!
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Very good win against a aside that has been great at home this season.

Would have been 4 or 5 if players decision making was better, three occasions at least there was a nailed on one on one only for the player to shoot instead of passing.

Cresswell is still shocking when asked to defend, a right ****ing pansy who never gets his shirts dirty.

Byram had another impressive game when played further up the pitch, final ball left a bit to be desired but he got himself both halves in very good positions.

Lanzini was poor today with his final decision making.

Back 4 after first 20 minutes were in complete control.

Good win, bad season, roll on 17/17 season.
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Good win, and finishing 1 point off eighth too.

Squad deficiencies are blindingly obvious, and the work fixing them begins now.
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

An away win and a debut for a young kid from the academy.

:crest:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Roll on a summer of relaxation. Quite looking forward to having no football to stress out about.

Here's hoping we get our business done early, press the reset button and actually start the season with a fit squad.

Me too mate, bring it on. Wimbledon, Test cricket, Days out, holidays,, swimming, BBQ's .Luvly
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

Surprising but welcome win and positive end to a frustrating and disappointing season. Nice to see that we had most possession, something we rarely seem to be able to do.

Spotlight now on management to buy better than last summer. Better players with good record of actually being fit to play required.

Snodgrass is a puzzle. I liked him at Hull but so flat for us. Was he imposed on Bilic and Bilic is unsure what to do with him?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

[quote="pezza20"Good win, bad season, roll on 17/17 season.[/quote]

Going to be a short one then!
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Colours never run wrote:And after 15 long attempts, we finally win (just) without Noble! :raver:
Are you celebrating Noble & patronizing the team per chance zzz...
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

Great stuff! Glad I was proved wrong. Just hope the extra £2m is used wisely!
Lostcoco

Post by Lostcoco »

How we go from getting smashed 4-0 last week then winning 2-1 this week boggles my mind
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

dave_l wrote:Great stuff! Glad I was proved wrong. Just hope the extra £2m is used wisely!
Yeah don't spend it all on sweets!
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Burnley really are crap, aren't they? Them and Swansea have been the worst we've played this season. Bearing in mind how often we've tried (and succeeded) to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, both teams have still done their bests to make us look like a decent team.

On to next season ....
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Great result .... great final finish... well done to everyone but especially the away support:)

Our final place seems to have undermined Sully's prepared narrative in his last interview about being constrained with our budget for this transfer window and next seasons wage bill etc ... I don't think he was expecting that ....

Roll on next season and the chance to prove this season was simply a reaction to this seasons unique factors
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Beavis Danzig wrote:nice reminder of why those on here who would rather be playing dyche's football than slaven's are outright masochists.
Burnley;s squad on the pitch today cost less than Fonte, Ayew and Snodgrass
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

:scarfer:
forestgate58
Has liked: 1 like

Post by forestgate58 »

If only.... wrote:Surprising but welcome win and positive end to a frustrating and disappointing season. Nice to see that we had most possession, something we rarely seem to be able to do.

Spotlight now on management to buy better than last summer. Better players with good record of actually being fit to play required.

Snodgrass is a puzzle. I liked him at Hull but so flat for us. Was he imposed on Bilic and Bilic is unsure what to do with him?

And coming back from 1-0 down :scarfer:
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Quwyn wrote:THink that sums up alot, you look at the teams in top 7, 8th would have been a decent result
I have to disagree - we've finished about 17 points behind last season's tally, scored 18 goals less and traded a +14 goal difference for -17.
8th is no where near that top 7; 15 points behind Everton and 23 pts behind 5th.
Colours never run wrote:We finished only 1 point off 8th
Furthermore, our goal difference means that we would have needed two more points to finish above Bournemouth.

To think we started off hoping for a decent showing in the Europa League and talk of challenging for a top four finish!
Last edited by Crossd_Hammrs on Sun May 21, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Great result. Didn't see it coming. Would've been happy with a draw considering all the players we had injured and the fact they have the 3rd best home record in the League. A much better position we finished in the League than I anticipated. And we finally won a game without Nobes in the team.

We were only one win away from finishing just below were we finished last year. And there was only 2 clubs I wasn't happy finishing above us: West Brom & Bournemouth. Arrogant or not, clubs with 25,000 fans shouldn't be finishing above us with nearly 60,000.

Must do better this transfer window. Give Bilic a new contract G&S. To finish mid table with all the injuries, poor signings, new home and Payet saga is an outstanding achievement really. More quality upfront and we probably would've finished higher.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Lostcoco wrote:How we go from getting smashed 4-0 last week then winning 2-1 this week boggles my mind
I've done some googling and come up with the following variables that might shed some light:

Liverpool have some world class players.
Burnley are ****.