Burnley 1-2 West Ham Utd (21/05/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Andytheammer

Re: Burnley vs West Ham Utd: Match thread

Post by Andytheammer »

Kialos wrote:I think credit has to be given to Burnley football club with the way they do some little things that just show they are a proper club with proper football people in the boardroom who are there for the club and not their bank balances.

Burnley are not a wealthy club, nor are they a big club despite their long history. Sending out the guide to Turf Moor was something they did not need to do, but thanks to that I parked somewhere I hadn't before and it was much better. They set up the beer tent, new for this season with staff wearing WH shirts. I read on here that they gave out some shirts as well. Just small gestures that show they appreciate that football fans are an important part of the game and not just a cash cow.

Contrast to another club in claret and blue and and how they view the fans, especially their own travelling fans and the difference could not be greater.

I'll say it again, Burnley are a proper football club with proper people in the boardroom. They know the value of goodwill. I hope we can get back to that one day.
Came back thinking exactly the same thing Kialos