Newcastle Utd 3-0 West Ham Utd (26/08/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Re: Newcastle Utd v West Ham Utd : match thread

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Statler and Waldorf would probably get Hodgson in as caretaker until the end of season.

Surely having an Ex-England Manager (what with their soon to be ex-England goalkeeper) would be right up their street. Old Owl features would always courteously refer to them as "Mr Sullivan" and "Mister Gold" in all TV interviews, but might struggle with Kawwen Bwady......

They best be quick though as he wants the Palace job....

Here's hoping........he gets the Palace job!
This Fish
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by This Fish »

Geordie in peace here.

Not here to wind you lot up or anything, so I won't talk about the game much. Feel for your fans, travel the length of the country, climb up Everest, watch your team perform like that, climb down Everest, and drive the length of the country back. For what it's worth it's **** that the away fans are exiled into the stratosphere, but St James' has issues with segregation around pitch-side.

We're a bang average side, missing 4 of our first team and you made us look better than we are.

I know Arnautovic is suspended and you've not got your first team available through injury and coming back from injury, but it honestly looked like your problems stemmed from a lack of confidence and square pegs in round holes.

Hope the lads who made it up and stayed up enjoyed the rest of the weekend, and I hope you turn it around (My Grandad was a West Ham fan, he was born and raised around Leyton/Forest Gate, so always had a soft spot for you lot).
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Bit late to be coming on here with excuses I know , but ain't it strange how a Referee can see Arnautovic elbowing the Southampton player but somehow doesn't see Mitrovic elbowing Lanzini - no chats with the linesman , nothing - Now we hear that Mitrovic is being charged by the FA for violent conduct and will miss games against other opposition but was allowed to remain against West Ham and add to the goal tally .

When you're luck's out , it's out .
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: When you're luck's out , it's out .
I hate to say it tomos but we can't put this one down to bad luck or the ref.

We were shocking and thats being generous, trust me.
Patito

Post by Patito »

This Fish wrote:Geordie in peace here.

Nice one Mr. Fish, oppo fans views are always welcome :thup:

I think you're spot on as well, no confidence whatsoever, players playing in roles that don't suit them, you lot were fully worth the 3-0 win.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

rottiel wrote:
I hate to say it tomos but we can't put this one down to bad luck or the ref.

We were shocking and thats being generous, trust me.
I trust you on that , mate - but we may have done better against 10 men .

I won't pretend I know what's going on behind the scenes , I won't pretend I know anything about our transfer policies but how did Bilic go from beating everyone left right and centre to the pathetic ' headless chicken ' and ' fraud ' of today .

That's the bit I don't buy .

The 2015/16 season reminded me so much of the John Lyall days , Bilic's man management was a joy to behold , I can't remember ever beating that many top teams in one season before , 4 points off a Champions League spot and yet our Chairmen goes out and undermines him - Why ????? Why would a Chairman do that to the best Manager he must have ever worked with ?

Anyway , I'm as fed up of things as anyone on here , pro and anti Bilic fans alike .
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

This Fish wrote:Geordie in peace here.

Not here to wind you lot up or anything, so I won't talk about the game much. Feel for your fans, travel the length of the country, climb up Everest, watch your team perform like that, climb down Everest, and drive the length of the country back. For what it's worth it's **** that the away fans are exiled into the stratosphere, but St James' has issues with segregation around pitch-side.

We're a bang average side, missing 4 of our first team and you made us look better than we are.

I know Arnautovic is suspended and you've not got your first team available through injury and coming back from injury, but it honestly looked like your problems stemmed from a lack of confidence and square pegs in round holes.

Hope the lads who made it up and stayed up enjoyed the rest of the weekend, and I hope you turn it around (My Grandad was a West Ham fan, he was born and raised around Leyton/Forest Gate, so always had a soft spot for you lot).
Thanks mate, got a soft spot for your lot too. Always get a friendly welcome up there.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
When you're luck's out , it's out .
Very true but we rode our luck quite a bit last season, the post getting MOM against Burnley and us winning by a penalty is one example that immediately comes to mind. Though in general we never get the decisions and that's how it's always been.