Newcastle Utd 3-0 West Ham Utd (26/08/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

New Jersey
Total likes: 17 likes

Re: Newcastle Utd v West Ham Utd : match thread

Post by New Jersey »

I always look for the positives from a game. Sorry, but I can't find anything positive to say about that performance, one of the worst in recent years. Not sure what the answer is, we have some decent players but they didn't show up today. Guess that means Slav is at fault, wrong formation, should have looked at this game as a possible 3 points but we started looking for a point. I thought things would get better in the second half with the much needed changes, it didn't make any difference. It's only three games, but we are looking like Sunderland of last season. No confidence, no creativity, so very disappointing.
scobie
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by scobie »

After the second goal I looked to the bench for Plan B. I then realised Bilic did not have a £$%^ing Plan A.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

My God that was awful.
nt_hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by nt_hammer »

Utter tripe!

Poor poor performance and nothing much to take from today. Only three games in to the season so no reason to over react but can't really see where the next win will come from. Only hope is for use fans to get behind the team and help create something worth playing for in our home games that we separately need. Team need to show more heart for us to do that and I fear for Bilic if that does not occur.

Didn't think we'd be great this season, but bottom of league with a tough fight ahead is not too hat we need at all!!
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

I didn't expect much this season but the start we've had has been quite incredible. What the f*** is going on?! If this is what the 'next level' looks like then I'm alright without it thanks. Maybe pre-season results/performances are more of an indicator of what's to come than we would like to admit?

Either way, today was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Bye Bye Mr Bilic. New manager in Monday morning. 2 weeks with the squad and then a morale boosting win against Huddersfield.

Onwards and Upwards :crest:
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Just watched it again on game of the day.Actually hope he has lost the dressing room,if he hasn't and that's us actually trying we are ****ed.Not only worst performance by a West Ham team for a long time(excluding the numerous thrashings by top clubs)but worst performance by any team I've seen in recent times.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

scobie wrote:After the second goal I looked to the bench for Plan B. I then realised Bilic did not have a £$%^ing Plan A.

Yes he did. His Plan 'A' was to try and hold them, but with no plan how, just take to the field and see how it go's and not conceed, just play any old how and see if we can nick it. Once that went out of the window, it was curtains. The tacticsvof a pretty poor and frankly, clueless manager
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1315 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Kludgehammer wrote:I am so so sick of West Ham being the team that roll over against crap teams on bad runs. It's been happening for so long, it's become a cliche, any crap team who can't score, can't get a point - play us and win easily.
As much as I enjoyed the Payet season, what I think was even more enjoyable was the way Allardyce changed us from years of this to a team with some steel. All gone now.
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Major »

Thats the first game i have been to since the beginning of last year, will be the last one for a while too, thankfuck!

You lot need a new set of owners, the whole place is rancid, even the away fans are lost, bad times at West Ham, i actually feel sorry for you lot that will be going to legoland.

Such a shame, they have absolutely killed what was a great football club, the result was bad, the performance was worse, the effort was pathetic, the manager seems clueless and even the once ever reliable and dependable away fans seem to be loosing patience.

Good luck lads you will need it, if you don't do something about the defending you're knackered, having said that the midfield is average at best the only player with real class is Hernandez but he can do nothing without service, he was coming so deep to get the ball second half i think he was in goal at one point!! all the other players are going backwards and with no investment so will the club, standing still is going backwards in this league! The players have no direction from the management and are playing like school kids!

To be fair i feel a bit for Bilic he obviously wants certain players but the idiots that have broken the club are either not able or not willing to get them. Twobobcunts.

I hope it turns round for you i really do, but after that i doubt it!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Kludgehammer wrote:I am so so sick of West Ham being the team that roll over against crap teams on bad runs. It's been happening for so long, it's become a cliche, any crap team who can't score, can't get a point - play us and win easily.
We were actually very good against the dross of the division last year.

If we're now losing 0-3, something has significantly deteriorated.
viperracer

Post by viperracer »

Bitterly disappointed.

Easy to blame the defence, but as a team unit we don't defend well at all. Midfield was the same at start of last season, unable to protect back 4 and carved open, no communication and not tracking runners. Midfield 3 of Noble, Fernandes and Rice is currently Championship level at best.
Ogbonna and Collins time and again looking for the pass up to next line which just wasn't there, slow, predictable and always pedestrian sideways passing. Newcastle pressed and we look so uncomfortable with it, painful to watch.
I have sympathy for Slav, through no fault of his own his key players are not yet match fit and his marquee signing has let him down with a 3 game ban, 4 away games on the trott a defeat against Huddersfield will be the end.
Gravedigger

Post by Gravedigger »

Noble is nobbled and Bilic is bolloxed. It's the curse of the Olympic Stadium. It's got the 'Ammers all posh and soft. Get some new chappies in and whizzo, it'll be absolutely bang on, old chap! 8-)
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Too add Lanzini was clearly not fit as demonstrated for 2 nd goal and should not have even been on the coach.
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

All

of those summaries spot on. Few points I'd add.

Antonio was the only other player to try and encourage Rice after the error, which fair play to Newcastle came from closing down which they did all day. Where werehas that gone from our game? Where were the senior players like Noble and Collins?, no leadership, no thought of young Rice.
Creswell positioned hugging the touchline, high up, with no one ahead of him. Left him exposed, similar with Zaba. Collins endless punts up front simply gave away possession. The midfielders all wanted more time than they had and rarely found space to offer options for each other.
Joe Hart kept the score down. Kouyate and Lanzini looked far from match fit.
A spineless,shapeless showing. No fight and no belief.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Well that was dog ****.
Poor set up from Bilic at the get go and then bad management from him at half time yanking off Rice.
Worried about Bilic I think he's lost the plot.
As another poster mentioned totally ruined Oxford's confidence two seasons ago.
Lanzini way off being match fit. Didn't do anything when he came on. Same for Kouyate.
Nobes, time to sit on the bench, game is passing you by.
Antonio ran out of puff second half. First half our best player by a mile.

We are a mess at the moment on and off the pitch.

Only consolation and there was an eclipse here in the States this week so every 100 years or so strange things do happen, is that one day every player registered will actually be fit and we can put out our first starting 11.
Then maybe we can give someone a game. Until then more of the same I think.
WTID
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by WTID »

Not said this before but Bilic has got to go. When he first came he was a breath of fresh air. We was the fast paced counter attacking side playing with no fear. Going to Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City and playing fantastic football. Now we are just utter ****. A lot of players need to take a hard look at themselves but Bilic has got no game plan, no fresh ideas and no one seems to know what position they are playing. Noble is no longer the leader and should not be in the 11. Just to confirm we set a new record for the most sidewards and backwards passes today. We can't keep making excuses the chairmen has given Bilic money to spend but we've gone so far backwards we are actually going down if we carry on with him in charge. I know it's 3 away games but we've conceded 10 goals and Newcastle couldn't even buy a goal before they played us. Make the changes now before it's to late.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Corney Beal wrote:All

of those summaries spot on. Few points I'd add.

Antonio was the only other player to try and encourage Rice after the error, which fair play to Newcastle came from closing down which they did all day. Where werehas that gone from our game? Where were the senior players like Noble and Collins?, no leadership, no thought of young Rice.
Creswell positioned hugging the touchline, high up, with no one ahead of him. Left him exposed, similar with Zaba. Collins endless punts up front simply gave away possession. The midfielders all wanted more time than they had and rarely found space to offer options for each other.
Joe Hart kept the score down. Kouyate and Lanzini looked far from match fit.
A spineless,shapeless showing. No fight and no belief.
I think you'll see Hart doing the same with Rice mate.
Bilic is getting a caning on social media but where was the leadership on the field.?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Not at our best today , in truth they could have scored 5 or 6 .Three though did the damage , and we now can be sure of no European football via a league place qualifying process for next season .

A GD of -8 after 3 matches and 3 goals a game getting shipped in is appalling at any level , at this level it smacks of un professional stuff .

Newcastle worked harder than us and wanted it more: they had a plan and stuck to it .

Before a ball was kicked I predicted 4 points from the opening 6 matches , I'm now revising that down to 3 points .Lose to Huddersfield and it will be 0 .That game will follow the rest of the weekends matches and the pressure will be right on .

I'm not sure the Board will stick with him in the hope we can get a win against the Terriers , but let's not forget they are the idiots that put us in a position of having no home game until September 10th , and they are the fools who continually fail to give Managers the squads they need .

Never mind Bilic , it's Gold and Sullivan that need turfing out .

We're on the road to nowhere .
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

I didn't see the game but 10 goals in 3 games is very alarming indeed. Granted, one of those was against Man U and the other we played with 10 men. However, I think Mr Bilic needs a strong performance in the next home game to silence the critics. If the losses and more importantly goals conceded do not stop within the next month, I think Mr Bilic will be on very thin ice. Still benefit of the doubt for another month for me due to playing Man U away and then the next with 10 men but the bells are sounding that is for sure.

COYI
:crest:
Big ups to the lads who made the long journey.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

One day we'll play someone who hasn't got a duck of some sort that needs breaking. We are West Ham, the team that never stops giving...........