EFLCR3: West Ham Utd 3-0 Bolton Wanderers (19/09/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Bolton Wanderers: match thread

Post by Het-Field »

A very professional performance tonight. Arnie looked very good, although he should have scored with a more simply approach in the first half. Sakho scores again in the cup which is good, and Arthur's goal was fantastic.

You don't play well against lower league opposition. You play professionally. We did that tonight. The last 10 was about the only time Bolton really tried to come forward, but at that stage the game was done and dusted.

I'm now trying to recall the last time we made it this easy at this stage of this competition. Last season it took a Payet free kick in injury time to beat Accy Stanley
Boo Boo
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Boo Boo »

BoB_On wrote:http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 3-0-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As I didn't see the game, cheers :thup:
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

Just got in. Very professional first half performance against a very weak side, but you can only play what's in front of you eh!

Second half was a little training ground, but that ain't a bad thing in my book.

Arnie looked good, Arthur too (not just the cracking goal - half expected a Catona style celebration!).

Noble bossed it again and the only thing that spoilt it a little for me was the repeated retarded football ignorant slagging off of him again by the dimwits around me. It really is driving me mad... Headbanger
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

the pink palermo wrote:Decent neat and tidy win for what turned out to be an excellent turn out of over 30,000 .

Good management by Bilic to give Rice a game at CB given Collins injury .

A one sided game in truth but you can only beat what's in front of you .
Yep, sums it up well and a good point made about Rice getting the nod at CB. Good psychology by Slav.

It'll be a very different 11 v Spurs, but it remains good for morale around the place to get a comfy win, a 3rd clean sheet in a row, and for a handful of players who have either been castigated for prior performances or moments of daftness/or have been on the fringes of the team/squad to put in decent shifts so as to stake a claim for a place and to gain a bit of confidence and fitness.

Official crowd is down at just short of 36,000... 12 thousand more than were at Wembley tonight, FWIW.

Onwards and upwards for Saturday lads. :)
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote:
You miserable bellwhiff
I nearby award you "Best Insult of the Week" :lol:
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

No moans about that game at all, well done team and manager
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Lovely evening. Few drinks, a few goals, a few laughs in the BML.

Slav back to his desired 4-2-3-1.
Haksabanovic decent touches.
Arnautovic and Ayew both should have scored in the first half.
Cracker from Masuaku.
Another clean sheet.
Sakho looked good.

Happy with that. Onwards to Spurs.
Deepster
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Deepster »

Was in row 21 East Stand right on the centre line tonight. Its a whole different experience to our ST seats in block 254 row 5 squillian. Going to have to move down there next year.

Only downside the lot stat behind us talking all through the game about nothing related to the match. Why bother going?

Arni looked good, can see him becoming a big favourite here.

First half we looked very good, second was nothing more than a training match.

Roll on Saturday
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

Every player put in a good performance tonight against a poor Bolton team. Bilic has some selection headaches for weekend. I wish Declan Rice was English, that boy is going to have some career!
kevino
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by kevino »

Just got home. As others have said, a competent performance but Bolton were so bad it is very difficult to make meaningful judgments on anyone.

Arnie played a part in the first two but wasted a great chance in the first half. I thought he looked a bit arrogant at times although that's perhaps in his make-up. Nobes was half decent. At least he went looking for the ball and more often than not passed the ball to a player with a West Ham shirt on which is more than can be said for some.

I thought Byrom started well but some of his crossing in the 2nd half was abysmal. Ogbonna looked up for it and Rice looked far more comfortable at the back to me. But neither had much defending to do.

Hebsbanovic or whatever his name showed some decent touches and reminded me occasionally of Lanzini - not as good yet though. Ayew wasted a golden opportunity in the first half but was generally ok as was Sakho.

As for the crowd, there may have been 35000 tickets sold but my guess is that there were less than 30,000 in the ground.

Onwards and upwards for Saturday.
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

Good performance. Almost casual win. I've never felt so relaxed at a West Ham game.
Bolton were unbelievably bad. But we did what we had to do.
Everyone played well.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

2 assists from Arnautovic on his home debut. That's the kind of creativity we're looking for whilst Lanzini is out. Just hope he keeps up the consistency and doesn't get drawn into bookings against the kind of opposition who will be prodding him with a stick. Let your football do the talking lad and you'll be fine.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

How did the kid Holland get on? I've got high hopes for him and interested to know how he got on.
westhamshares
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by westhamshares »

Deepster, Sounds like you were sitting directly in front of me.

on the basis you weren't happy with the people behind you I suggest you don't bother moving as you'll have me and the people around me all the time annoying you as those are our season tickets :D
Deepster wrote:Was in row 21 East Stand right on the centre line tonight. Its a whole different experience to our ST seats in block 254 row 5 squillian. Going to have to move down there next year.

Only downside the lot stat behind us talking all through the game about nothing related to the match. Why bother going?

Roll on Saturday
Colours never run

BoB_On wrote:http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 3-0-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I notice Arnautovic and Noble working well in tandem, always looking for one another in those clips. If that's a sign of things to come once the teams more settled, then it bodes well for our midfield. I even liked the Captain going over to Arnautovic first for the 1st assist to show his appreciation for a lad who's been rightly questioned of late with his attitude.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

there was one bloke behind me absolutely doing his nut for almost the whole second half until we scored our third, "NOT GOOD ENOUGH" on repeat. wonder what the poor bloke must do during an actually competitive match, maybe he inverts it into a zen like calm.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Good result.

Arthur could easily play as wing back if Cresser's form drops away again. He could even play as a winger (if Arnie gets injured or banned)
West Ham and Freud
Total likes: 1 like

Post by West Ham and Freud »

[quote="westhamshares"]Deepster, Sounds like you were sitting directly in front of me.

on the basis you weren't happy with the people behind you I suggest you don't bother moving as you'll have me and the people around me all the time annoying you as those are our season tickets :D

[quote="Deepster"]Was in row 21 East Stand right on the centre line tonight. Its a whole different experience to our ST seats in block 254 row 5 squillian. Going to have to move down there next year.

Roll on Saturday

Mental this.

Unfortunate enough that two different types of fan get stuck together in the first place, one spoiling the experience of the other. Gets worse when real life stadium neighbour from hell turns up sat behind you online still refusing to budge.

Deepster, you might want to try another seat. This is because on the whole unless played in parks by children and in the absence of their parents football is sh**. It is also because crowds of adult men watching football have a high propensity towards madness relieved only by making other people feel bad about themselves - Tottenham fans are a good example.

My advice would be for deepster to avoid the hell out of westhamdhares. Not because westhamshares has done anything wrong. Just because deepster you are sensitive and you belong a little bit further from the action.

Either that or deepster you should go back to the same seat next week dressed as a friend not saying a word. Deepster could then come back here and tell us what westhamshares has been going on about all night. Might put the willies up westhamshares for a while but he doesn’t seem like the paranoid type so probs worth a go. Please keep in touch
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

kevino wrote: As for the crowd, there may have been 35000 tickets sold but my guess is that there were less than 30,000 in the ground.

And how many were Newham free tickets?
HighWycombeHammer

Post by HighWycombeHammer »

A good crowd.

If that is nearly our 2nd eleven I have not seen it that strong for years.

The kids including Rice look like they have a great future.

Very easy performance. My boy actually said that it was like watching Man City v West Ham but this time we were Man City.....probably summed it up.

Enjoyed the relaxed feeling.

Don't know why we had to put Chico on as it could of been a disaster waiting to happen and nearly was.