West Bromwich Albion 0-0 West Ham Utd (16/09/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Buskerman

Re: West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United match thread

Post by Buskerman »

Imagine you were playing CB for WBA... and you had been struggling for 60 mins to keep up Hernandez' movement amongst others... and you look over and see big AC jumping up and down on the touchline chomping at the bit to come on...

You wouldn't be human if you didn't think 'oh ffs... really???'
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

We can't play Hernandez on the wing again, too many times last night he was picking up the ball on the wing level with the half way line... he needs to be upfront

Carroll needs to be handled with care to say the least.

Given we won last night I'd have the same team but Arnautovic in for Carroll and play Hernandez upfront

Bring on Carroll with 30 to go and then have another look before Spurs when Lanzini should be back as well.

Said it all summer but we really lack in attacking quality when a couple of Lanzini, Antonio and Arnautovic are out.... but then Bilic knows that given he was led to believe he could replace Snodgrass and then let down by the board again.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

More of the same, change very little, even if Noble and Lanzini are 100% fit.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I think by pass the midfield and just lump it up is the way to go. Let's face it, it worked altright last night
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Puff Daddy wrote:I think by pass the midfield and just lump it up is the way to go. Let's face it, it worked altright last night

Nothing wrong with mixing it up like last night. Lost count the amount of times the ball was worked through the midfield especially down the wings. Boring football, it most definitely wasn't.
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

---------------- hart ------------
------- fonte collins reid ----
Zaba obiang kouyate cress
Antonio Hernandez Ayew

We tried hard on Monday but we didn't play effective or attractive football. Carrol encourages us to play the long ball which will be handled effectively by most premier league defences (as it was for the majority of the match on Monday till the fluke goal).

Also Carrol needs to be managed sensibly.

People putting that melon arnautovic straight back in over Ayew are mental. He should earn his way back into the side after doing f*** all and then getting a 3 match ban and throwing away our chance of winning a game.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

I think the only reason Arnautovic is going straight back in the XI is he is our only natural left winger

Hernandez is wasted on the wing, Antonio is needed for the right as we only have him as a right winger and Ayew is more of a second striker and better off the bench than starting.

The fans and manager alike were really let down in the transfer window, Arnautovic is the real "Payet" replacement in terms of first choice left winger so we have effectively lost Tore, Snodgrass and Feghouli who are all natural wingers and brought in no one.

Admittedly they didn't really produce for us but it's still three senior wingers either way... swapping them for one decent option would have been enough.

Same as Lanzini, that's why when those mentioned players are out we suffer so much...
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Colours never run wrote:

Nothing wrong with mixing it up like last night. Lost count the amount of times the ball was worked through the midfield especially down the wings. Boring football, it most definitely wasn't.
There was a whole lot of lumping going on and I don't see any harm in it if it gets results. Just get it up there, I say
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Hart

Fonte Collins Reid

Zabaleta. Obiang. Kouyate. Cresswell

Antonio
Chicarito
Carroll

Same team as last night but Antonio central in front of obiang and Kouyate, and Hernandez playing closer to Carroll anticipating headers to run on to.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

I wouldn't be starting with Arnautovic. He needs to earn his place back in the side. 10 mins here, 20 mins there. I guess he probably regrets his actions at Southampton but he can't just waltz back into a winning team.

Near enough the Same as last night but I'd actually push Antonio a bit further back and have have Carroll and Hernandez as a proper 2.

2-2 (got a horrible feeling that Kryochiwak (?) will have a blinder....)
IanBishopLegend7

Post by IanBishopLegend7 »

Until we have a Bishop type midfielder - I love the idea of just bypassing them. Lump it up to Carrol and Antonio; Chicha, Arnie and Ayew to feed of the scraps.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

IanBishopLegend7 wrote:Until we have a Bishop type midfielder - I love the idea of just bypassing them. Lump it up to Carrol and Antonio; Chicha, Arnie and Ayew to feed of the scraps.

Yup. Makes sense and most teams don't like it up 'em
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Up the Junction wrote:Not had a great run at The Hawthorns of late. Ever since Parker's inspired team talk, as it goes.

Time to turn that around.
Didn't we win there in the Payet season? Quite convincingly wasn't it?
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Nowhere does it say that football has to be played a certain way. No it's, no but's...nowhere. The sole aim is to get the three points. I hate 'boring' football, I loathe and detest it...but if it gets the job done then I am happy to stomach it.

No points are awarded for artistic merit...so do what it takes to het three points and move on to the next game.
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Up the Junction wrote:Not had a great run at The Hawthorns of late. Ever since Parker's inspired team talk, as it goes.

Time to turn that around.
Billydinho wrote:Didn't we win there in the Payet season? Quite convincingly wasn't it?
Sure did :thup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlDSs_r5qk4 sounds like Aliens are transmitting over the commentary at times......
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

It aint difficult and it aint rocket science. Just lump it up right up there, right into the heart of their box, get bodies in there and give 'em it and keep doing it until they cave in. It's agricultural, but it still is ****ing effective
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Lanzini looks pretty fit on his instagram story. Running at what looks like full speed with the ball albeit dribbling at, i think, his friend. Still looked fit to me.
HammerInMaryland

Post by HammerInMaryland »

If Lanzini is fit:

-------------------------Hart--------------------------
------Zabaleta-----Collins-------Reid-----------
Antonio-----Kouyate----Obiang---Cresswell
--------Lanzini----Hernandez---Arnautovic---

Antonio rampages and only helps to cover wingers. Lanzini has free reign to move centrally when Antonio flies up the pitch. Cresswell on corners. Carroll on after 65 minutes for Lanzini.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1954 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

We have a much stronger squad than them. If we don't win by four or five goals, Slav should be fired. Especially if he plays Hernandez on the wing.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1954 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

We have a much stronger squad than them. If we don't win by four or five goals, Slav should be fired. Especially if he plays Hernandez on the wing.