West ham United 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur (23/09/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Re: West ham United v Tottenham Hotspur: Match Thread

Post by TommyHammer »

steps wrote:Oh dear it's started again *facepalm emoji*

It's seems The Fighting Cock are stalking on here and spouting lots of vitriolic bile about us on their site.

And they say we're obsessed? One bloke even attended the Cup game last night and gave a blow-by-blow account of the game / stadium / crowd etc. :lol:
Completely sums that mob up. "I don't hate West Ham but I really hope we smash those p1key c*nts on Saturday." P1key? Last time I remember it was the not so law abiding citizens in that dive that were smashing their own gaff up and looting Tesco Value Basmati rice during the 2011 riots. Its even worse when they refer to us as "Wet Spam."
Last edited by TommyHammer on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

steps wrote:Oh dear it's started again *facepalm emoji*

It's seems The Fighting Cock are stalking on here and spouting lots of vitriolic bile about us on their site.
Curiosity got the best of me and thought I'd google that forum and see what was being said. The irony is reading them obsess about us obsessing about them.

That said, one user on there says "some of them seem to think they're gonna steam roll us". I'm not sure anyone has said we're going to batter them, aside from one post predicting a 3-0 Ravel-style win.

Tottenham as a club have got everything going for them, fantastic new stadium, fantastic squad, excellent leadership at board level. Our situation is a cluster f*** of nonsense, and they wonder why we enjoy the wins over them. That's not to say it's our cup final as they keep calling it. It's the same beating any of the top 5 or 6 in the league. But the extra satisfaction comes from taking something away from someone who's close to doing something new. I'd have got as much satisfaction beating Leicester and costing them the league that season than I did beating Spurs and ending their run last season. Same situation as Chelsea fans singing about Gerrard falling over. Football fans get their kicks off the misery of others.

If Tottenham were as likely to win things as us nobody would care :lol:
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

To the lovely lads from Tottenham who've blessed us with their presence; haven't you got better things to be doing than stalking the forum of a team who you 'don't care about?' :eh:

Agree with the above lad about Alli, let Arnie, Antonio, Noble, Kouyate and Obiang all have a pop at him in the first half and he'll be sent off on 49 minutes.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

C+H saying Obiang is likely to miss the game due to a pulled muscle against West Brom. That'd be a massive loss.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Slav is going to pull off another tactical gut-punch to the irrelevant half of north London

Hart
Fonte Reid Ogbonna
Antonio Kouyate Zabaleta Masuaku
Chicharito
Sakho Arnautovic

They'll expect Carroll, They'll expect Antonio as a forward, they'll expect Chich out wide.

Kouyate and Zabaleta will press all game, and both are capable of dropping back to pack the defence, Kane hates playing against Reid, Antonio from deep will destroy their left side, as will Masuaku on their right.

Chicharito will be ghosting in all over the place into the gaps the relentless pressing of Sakho will expose, Arnie will pop up all over the place, an unmarkabke front three with wingbacks as dangerous as wingers but too quick to break on.

Ayew and Carroll off the bench to pen them in when they try to throw it all at us after Chicharito has ghosted in to put away a rebound from Sakho'e effort. A long ball to Carroll who flicks it on to Ayew gives us a 2-0 lead and the stadium goes wild.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Ladzini wrote: Agree with the above lad about Alli, let Arnie, Antonio, Noble, Kouyate and Obiang all have a pop at him in the first half and he'll be sent off on 49 minutes.
A ticking time bomb is Dele, Kouyate had him ruffled in the game last season.

Scott Brown also had him in his pocket in the Scotland England fixture.

The best description I have ever heard of him is that he often adorns games, but never dictates them.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

keep ali and kane quiet and we can do these

hart

ogbonna reid fonte
zab obiang kouyate cresswell
antonio hernandez arnautovic

carroll on for last 30

subs adrian byram masuaka noble ayew carroll sakho rice

2-0 hammers hernandez 2 back in the middle and back in the goals
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

hammerman11 wrote:keep ali and kane quiet and we can do these

hart

ogbonna reid fonte

carroll on for last 30

Alli getting a lot of stick on twitter.Some suggesting he may not even start.Tbh I'd be more worried about Son than Alli at the moment.
Ron_Greenwood
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Ron_Greenwood »

3-5-2

Hart
Font, Reid, Ogbonna,
Antonio, Zabaleta, Kouyate, Masuaku,
Arnautovic,
Sakho, Hernandez

Real pace out wide with the two wing-backs and pace up front to run the channels as a front two. Zabaleta to come into central midfield and hold if Obiang is out injured. Arnautovic to play as a no.10 in Lanzini's absence. Carroll the main impact sub to change it up on the hour. Ayew the other main attacking option. Noble an excellent option to close the game out.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I feel strangely confident going into this and think we are going to spring a surprise. Can see something like a 3-2, or even a 4-3, but would prefer a 1-0 and another clean sheet
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

hammerman11 wrote:keep ali and kane quiet and we can do these

hart

ogbonna reid fonte

carroll on for last 30

That's the starting eleven I'd go for too.
And the idea of having 8 subs is a good one too :thup:
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Actually really need to get something from this at least a point.Remember thinking the 4 games after Spurs were easy before a really difficult run.But the 4 games actually look quite tricky now,all the 4 teams are difficult to break down and be very like WBA game .Swansea burnley Brighton palace all managed by defence orientated managers.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

1 thing they'll be happy cock-a-hoop about is the fact Lanzini will miss it due to injury. He's been a real thorn in their arse whenever he's played them.

Arnautovic is gonna have to hit the ground running doing more of what he did last night because thst kind of creativity is going to be needed to unlock their stubborn defence.

I'm thinking 352 might be the order of the day with everything considered.

.......................Hart

........Zabaleta Reid Kouyate

Antonio Obiang Noble Cresswell
..................Arnautovic

............Hernandez Carroll
HammerInMaryland

Post by HammerInMaryland »

Colours never run wrote:1 thing they'll be happy cock-a-hoop about is the fact Lanzini will miss it due to injury. He's been a real thorn in their arse whenever he's played them.

Arnautovic is gonna have to hit the ground running doing more of what he did last night because thst kind of creativity is going to be needed to unlock their stubborn defence.

I'm thinking 352 might be the order of the day with everything considered.

.......................Hart

........Zabaleta Reid Kouyate

Antonio Obiang Noble Cresswell
..................Arnautovic

............Hernandez Carroll
Has Arnautovic ever played as a CAM? It is an interesting line-up. I think Masuaku should be the LWB this week.
steveherts66

Post by steveherts66 »

Swap Zab for Noble and drop Kouyate into the back 3. Would have a decent bench too
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Winger wide forward, it's a good as an attacking midfielder as you're likely to get. It give him licence to go either way on the pitch left, right or centrally and allows him chance to get on the ball as much as possible causing havoc picking a pass or shooting himself. He at times looks bored and disinterested stuck high up out wide and think he would benefit being in the heart of it all.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

arnie would have to spend most of his time on the left to cover for carroll who will never get back in time to give cresswell any protection or link ups. at that point it becomes a defacto 343.

this is why the 352 ideas don't work unless you've got two pacey strikers who can peel off to cover their respective flank. they can't just both goal hang while your midfield gets hammered. hernandez would spend just as much time wide as he would in a 343.

it's such a pointless thing to keep going on about. if you want hernadez to stay central, you need two players who can run the channels, cover their full/wingback and link up the play in wide areas alongside him. carroll isn't that.

either that or play a 1980s 442 and surrender central midfield entirely.
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Ron_Greenwood wrote:3-5-2

Hart
Font, Reid, Ogbonna,
Arnautovic,
Sakho, Hernandez
...is what I'd go with too.
Colours never run

Zabaleta and Kouyate over Obiang and Noble in the middle?? Good grief. Might as well just stand aside and allow Spurs to waltz through the heart of our team and to shoot at will. :shock:
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Ron_Greenwood wrote:3-5-2

Hart
Font, Reid, Ogbonna,
Arnautovic,
Sakho, Hernandez

Real pace out wide with the two wing-backs and pace up front to run the channels as a front two. Zabaleta to come into central midfield and hold if Obiang is out injured. Arnautovic to play as a no.10 in Lanzini's absence. Carroll the main impact sub to change it up on the hour. Ayew the other main attacking option. Noble an excellent option to close the game out.

Glad someone else had the same ideas as me and I'm not completely bonkers