Burnley 1-1 West Ham Utd (14/10/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Re: Burnley v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

Sakho scored in the last game therefore I want him to start in this game.
If carroll scores in the next game I want him to start the game after.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:Sakho scored in the last game therefore I want him to start in this game.
If carroll scores in the next game I want him to start the game after.
Even if his goal is a clearance by their player which ricochets in off of Carroll's backside?

It's too simplistic to say if someone scores they must start the next match. Better to see what they contribute overall.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

If we don't go with my preferred 352 formation, the other option I'd be keen to persevere with is 343 but specifically including up top;

Sakho - Carroll - Hernandez

But to do this I'd have Antonio on the wing supporting the attack and Zabaleta as part of a 3 man defence. If that struggled to produce goals then there would be something going seriously wrong in preparation.

Both ways excite me greatly. 442 and 4231 can do one for the meantime as it tends to bring out the worst in us for the most part either performance or results wise.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Last minute but worth posting. I can’t now make the game so if anybody is looking for a ticket I’ve got a spare. I live in Milton Keynes, so if driving up I could meet just off Junction 14 on the M1. PM me if interested.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 798 likes
Total likes: 3010 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Just giving the Pinkymobile a dusting down prior to setting off up the A1 and M62 to Burnley .

Looking forward to this game, an old fashioned ground, a kind of throwback to younger years .

As crouchy points out , a draw is a reasonable result at their place , but I fancy us to win by 2 clear goals .

Hernandez to get both , costing me a tenner to the BMF I reckon .
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 746 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

hart
ogbonna reid fonte
zabaleta kouyae lanzini masuaka
antonio sakho hernandez

subs adrian cresswell arnautovic ayew noble obiang carroll

a great bench with options .

2-0 hammers hernandez and sakho
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1202 likes

Post by ironilunga »

hammerman11 wrote:hart
ogbonna reid fonte
zabaleta kouyae lanzini masuaka
antonio sakho hernandez
Would be a huge bottle job by Slav IMO. Looks a horribly disjointed team assembled to accommodate two strikers. What on earth must 20+mil Arne feel sat on the bench seeing a striker take his spot. This is where cracks start to appear within a squad. I think a left sided player must be okay with another in-form left sided player taking his spot (Masuaku). However, seeing a striker step in (seemingly to dodge a difficult selection issue) is awful.

.............................Hart...................................

Zab...........Fonte...........Reid.............Cresswell

...........................Obiang............................

Antonio.......Kouyate........Lanzini........Masuaku

............................Sakho...............................

Play form players - simple
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Obiang and Kouyate wouldn't be starting over Noble on form so that's got an agenda

I like Obiang but this season he has been one of our worse players, Noble was better than Kouyate in the last game so not sure how that works.

In fact Rice has been better (form) than Obiang this season.... he isn't in your team then?
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Let's have a cracking game, 0 - 4, The Pea hatrick and Zabba.

On the other hand, we'll struggle to act as a cohesive unit, bang it up to Big Andy without purpose and find ourselves 2 down by half time.

Hope the top one is correct :scarfer:
ironilunga

Post by ironilunga »

MD_HM wrote:Obiang and Kouyate wouldn't be starting over Noble on form so that's got an agenda
Take the tinfoil hat off your head - no conspiracy here. There are of course shades of grey in any team selection. Obiang has been one of our finest players over the past year and is the best player by some distance in the formation I suggested. Rice needs a gradual transition which is what he is getting so far this season. No issue with Noble at all. IMO a cigarette paper between he and Kouyate for the final midfield berth.
Ludeksgloves
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Would love to see Big Andy bag one today. Happy with a draw, would be delighted with a win, but have a horrible feeling this will be a frustrating game a la Watford last year.
MD_HM
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Ok so no agenda but... if you pick a team on form then Obiang wouldn't be in it and Noble gets in over Kouyate

Then if you use the same token of not applying form to Obiang then Hernandez gets in every time in terms of quality over form...

Easy for Sakho to take a lot of praise when he is brought on as a striker in the last 10 minutes when Hernandez has spent most of the game on the wing to accommodate hoofing to Carroll as well, although I agree that sakho's form should place him above Carroll now.
Josie112002
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Josie112002 »

Cannot understand the calls for Sakho to start, he suits coming on as a sub at the moment. His levels of effort on the pitch do not mirror a couple years ago and that was why he was so effective. 20 mins exploiting any spaces the opposition leave when they are tiring suits him.
ironilunga

Post by ironilunga »

MD_HM wrote:Ok so no agenda but... if you pick a team on form then Obiang wouldn't be in it and Noble gets in over Kouyate
My original post was based mainly on striker and left side playing options. Midfield options are more marginal imo. That said If you dont play Obiang as a holding midfielder then who do you play there? Rice?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Josie112002 wrote:Cannot understand the calls for Sakho to start, he suits coming on as a sub at the moment. His levels of effort on the pitch do not mirror a couple years ago and that was why he was so effective. 20 mins exploiting any spaces the opposition leave when they are tiring suits him.

He's a right moody ****er, so let's start him and let him take it out on them
Boo Boo
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Boo Boo »

coyi27 wrote:Cresswell starts according to Ex
Other than his fragile ego receiving a collective massage after 2pm, this benefits no one.
Pathetic!
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

All the posts I have read on match fixtures here always seem to suggest that our squad has 2 good possible teams to start yet both of them are short a couple of positions to be the best they can be ... so then we see those teams being filled with players either out of position or not quite good enough to get the best out of that particular team...

Where we need depth we haven’t got it and the same goes for balance... and because we have our board and some supporters looking to take down Slav ... he has been forced to play a team that can do a job but isn’t one Slav would want to call his own let alone play to the way he wants... we then end up with games like Albion and Huddersfield etc... which isn’t great but does a job...

So because of that Slavs critics have him at both ends.., if he takes a chance and fails he is crap... if he goes pragmatically with his selection he is criticised for hoof game and is crap... I can’t see how he can keep everyone happy under these circumstances ...

I would not want to be in Slavs shoes with all this going on....
Josie112002
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Josie112002 »

He's a right moody ****er, so let's start him and let him take it out on them[/quote]

Or he is a moody bugger so start him and we have to watch him amble across the pitch looking disinterested most of the time
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

1-0 Burnley...long journey home! :asleep:
brooking_1980
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Boo Boo wrote:Other than his fragile ego receiving a collective massage after 2pm, this benefits no one.
Pathetic!
Yes, I don't get a true "fan" releasing the Team sheet, aside from social media ego buzz. I've mentioned this to him on Twitter a couple of times and yesterday he right went into one & essentially showed himself up.

Sadly, the social media, Sky, money, has really turned our great game into a bit of a circus.