Burnley 1-1 West Ham Utd (14/10/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

OnePaulHilton
Total likes: 17 likes

Re: Burnley v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by OnePaulHilton »

Did I see Sakho smile at something Slav said when he come on?
What is all that about?
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

OnePaulHilton wrote:Did I see Sakho smile at something Slav said when he come on?
What is all that about?
Probably something really innocuous, why do you care?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Patito wrote:Wasn’t Andy’s most well thought out decision but neither were a yellow IMO, the first one didn’t even look like a foul!

Defended well but we ran out of steam.

A point away from home against 6th in the league ain’t bad, just wish Antonio had got a second after that flowing move in the second half.

I felt the 1st one was definitely a yellow and nothing more but did warrant a booking. It looked reckless more than anything and was dangerous play but without intent.

The 2nd challenge however warranted at least a yellow but in my opinion it should actually have been a straight red anyway. When you watch it again, you can tell it's pre-meditated as his elbow movement goes into Mees head who didn't have a chance and only focussed on the ball. I predicted he'd soon get sent off because of the frustration he was showing in the 1st foul and was playing on the edge hence the disgusting challenged that could have seriously hurt Mee who didn't deserve that level of force.

He should get a longer suspension by rights for that 2nd challenge alone, it was that bad and the kind of challenge that was outlawed long ago.

I usually back Carroll as I like his combative ways, but there is a line and he crossed it today.
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

I'll have to watch the second yellow again on MOTD. I thought it looked worse than it was but I could be wrong.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Any player that gets sent off for the same offence within 90 seconds of each other, is either totally thick and unprofessional or...did it deliberately to get sent off. See Arnautovic at Southampton.

There was no need for such indiscipline- he has let the fans and his team mates down...and deserves the stick he is getting. That was a win in waiting and this idiot helped contrive to screw it up. What chance has Slav got having to work with numb skulls like this?
Rafalution

Post by Rafalution »

How bad was that?

11 on 11 they looked like the only team there to play football, we were awful.

And the goal...straight out of Graham Taylor's 1983 Watford coaching manual and still the as close as we've come to a decent through ball this season.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Rafalution wrote:How bad was that?

And the goal...straight out of Graham Taylor's 1983 Watford coaching manual and still the as close as we've come to a decent through ball this season.
Can some mod ban this troll. Fond something else to do mate. You're a little too transparent. Go fill some other forum with your drivel.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

You obviously watched a different game to me.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Colours never run wrote:I usually back Carroll as I like his combative ways, but there is a line and he crossed it today.
Stupid to get done for a carbon copy offence within such a short amount of time...

Once you've been booked for it once surely you ensure that you don't do anything even remotely like it again, especially not straight away.

What bloody choice does a ref have under those circumstances ?
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

erifles wrote:What about that passing move on the 60th minute? Champagne football. It's amazing what this team could do instead of lumping it to the battle upfront.
That was superb, just wanted a matching finish...

Those are the sorts of moment that keep you watching through the dross.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Fair enough CNR I saw it differently but I didn’t have the best view.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Iron-worx wrote:
"Colours never run"]I usually back Carroll as I like his combative ways, but there is a line and he crossed it today.

Stupid to get done for a carbon copy offence within such a short amount of time...

Once you've been booked for it once surely you ensure that you don't do anything even remotely like it again, especially not straight away.

What bloody choice does a ref have under those circumstances ?
More evidence that beyond the lost time due to injury before we get the 5 really effective performances out of him, we get this sort of frustrated, ineffective headless chicken accident waiting to happen spell. No way to plan properly to be effective as a football team over a season.
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Thekorean »

We need to start winning matches and not leave 2 points on the table.

That being said, respect the point, at Turf Moor.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Gerblatz wrote:Any player that gets sent off for the same offence within 90 seconds of each other, is either totally thick and unprofessional or...did it deliberately to get sent off. See Arnautovic at Southampton.
And Cresswell last season. Who was that against?
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Gerblatz wrote:Any player that gets sent off for the same offence within 90 seconds of each other, is either totally thick and unprofessional or...did it deliberately to get sent off. See Arnautovic at Southampton.

There was no need for such indiscipline- he has let the fans and his team mates down...and deserves the stick he is getting. That was a win in waiting and this idiot helped contrive to screw it up. What chance has Slav got having to work with numb skulls like this?
The silver lining could be Chicharito up front for the match when he's banned...
brothernero
Has liked: 749 likes
Total likes: 763 likes

Post by brothernero »

Up the Junction wrote:And Cresswell last season. Who was that against?

Think it was Crystal Palace.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

brothernero wrote:Think it was Crystal Palace.
Thanks bruv. That's it. T'was his first start of the season too.

Harry Redknapp called the decision to dismiss "disgusting": http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=130410
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

Have you ever said anything positive Dave ?
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by steps »

£10 says Rafalution is either Cardiff or RM10.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

There is no debate over the cards Carroll got.

Out on the pitch the referee is in charge. Now he has booked Carroll and told him he will not allow that kind of challenge. The referee has made it clear to Carroll and he's booked him. It does not matter whether Carroll or anyone else thinks it is not a yellow, the person whose opinion counts does.

So, what does the our so called professional footballer who earns more in one week than what many will take 3 years to earn do?

Yep, you got it. He not only does the exact same thing less than 2 minutes later he makes sure everyone in the ground can see it by running faster than he has all season and launching himself into the challenge.

Bilic has shown remarkable loyalty to Carroll and he repaid him, his team mates and the travelling support with reckless and moronic behaviour.

More red cards than assists never mind goals this season. :thdn: