Burnley 1-1 West Ham Utd (14/10/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mooro_19841

Re: Burnley v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by mooro_19841 »

mooro_19841 wrote:Dont want to come across like I am digging Slav out but I personally thought the Chicha / Sakho sub was a poor one.

We had a spell just before the sub where Lanzini, Obiang, Chicha and Antonio were linking really well and looking a threat. Chica was also holding the ball up extremely well and he looked in the zone.

Hmmm. That move happened in 58th minute. Chicharito went off in the the 75th. For 17 minutes after that he was hardly involved.
We must have been watching a different game. Up until he went off he was making it stick, and keeping it when he received it. I am not just referring to the one good move, he was offering something the whole time.

Need the manager to show some footballing intelligence in that situation.
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

Yh intelligence like bringing on Sakho last week for Chicharito and him scoring a winner.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

the pink palermo wrote:Was Carroll the player who failed to prevent the cross that led to their equaliser coming in ?

Was Carroll the player who failed to pick up Wood , allowing him to run in between our CB's and get a free header 7 yards out ?

Two other players, at least, didn't do their jobs .
No, to have had the chance to do that he'd have had to stay on the pitch.

One of the things Carroll does best for us is to help out at the back late in a game when we under aerial bombardment. Prob would have stopped their goal.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

flakwell hammer wrote:watched Valencia v Betis last night Valencia won 6-3 and Zaza scored his 7th goal of the season, and is 2nd highest scorer in La Liga.

Maybe we need to give players a bit more time to settle in.
It wasn't the fans who came up with the 15 games then we have to buy deal.

I don't think we had any intention of buying him and rumour was he didn't want to play in England either.
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Bilic will start Arnie on Friday simply because there's no Carroll and Slav loves his lumps up front. At least he will play left and allow Chico a free reign in the middle. We have the players to play on the ground and through, as we proved against Burnley, yet we're always set up for wing play and lumps. Well he'll have to play to Hernandez strengths against Brighton (at long last) and I think we'll see a team playing with a lot more flair & freedom. Ayew would work better in that set up than Arnie, especially on his favoured left which he rarely gets to play now as we have that fantastic, enthusiastic, committed record signing Austrian out there (not). In fact leave the toxic twins, Arnie & Sakho, on the bench and watch us play like a team enjoying themselves for a change. I'm so looking forward to Friday more than any other game so far this season. Slav 'one dimension' Bilic has a chance to to create something new and if he gets the tactics right, I think it could be the start of a dynamic and confident West Ham and I shall be there to see it happen!
COYI
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Regarding Zaza - He simply got found out in a more physical and demanding intense game here. Plonk him back in this division and he'd slip back into his bad ways here, I'm sure of it. Spain was always going to be a better suited League for me and am not surprised he's doing well again but I'm also sure he struggled to get to grips over here.
mooro_19841

Post by mooro_19841 »

coyi27 wrote:Yh intelligence like bringing on Sakho last week for Chicharito and him scoring a winner.
Kind of proves the point I am trying to make.

It worked previously yes, but you have to be very naive to think all because the sub worked a week before that it will work again.

Every game situation is different and the circumstances were VERY different this week.

Dont just make the easy sub because it worked previously.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

smuts wrote: I don't think we had any intention of buying him and rumour was he didn't want to play in England either.
Zaza's Dad blamed the ****ing weather for Zaza having a bad time. If he's so soft that weather contributed to him shanking shots that go off for throws we've done well to swerve him.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Sounds like a Fifa excuse Hammer man!! :lol: