EFLCR4: Tottenham Hotspur 2-3 West Ham Utd (25/10/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur’s v West Ham United cup match thread

Post by MD_HM »

Antonio - No wingers on the bench as we sold them all with the promise of a new pacey one that Sullivan failed to buy along with the DCM plus we had no strikers left to then play out of position :)

Not sure why so much love for Spurs second string, not a chance in hell that team would come 7th

It's like as we were so bad and they have been good then proper extremes are being used... our first team (IF on form) we beat that second string.... the problem is we are playing very poorly and lack any confidence or self belief while Spurs are the current polar opposite.

We have lots of decent players to come in that are essentially first team players so can make lots of changes with the likes of Adrian, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Noble, Carroll and Sakho but not really be any weaker.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2499 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The funniest thing in this thread is the number of posters who don't appear to know that Modders is a Spurs supporter even though he's never tried to hide it...Image
E13whu

Post by E13whu »

we will do em 1-3. Then get spanked by Palace on saturday.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

E13whu wrote:we will do em 1-3. Then get spanked by Palace on saturday.
Where do I sign?
simon hammer
Has liked: 993 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

I remember Sam playing 'the kids' en masse vs Forest due to us being in a bad situation league wise, and we got tonked and he got absolute pelters for doing it. But suddenly it's what Slav 'should' be doing. Sometimes I wonder if some of our fanbase actually have anything remotely like a short term memory.

Strongest team charged with making amends after Fridays abysmal performance, especially if Spurs are weakening their team (which I find strange given that the only real criticism leveled at Pochettino is that he hasn't won anything with them yet, despite being widely regarded, and rightly so, as one of the best managers in the league with one of the best squads/teams in the league) as this will be our only chance of achieving anything positive this season.

Unless you count staying up as an achievement of course.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

If Slav rests our key players, I hope he quits. We need a win, our fans deserve a win against these. Playing a weakened team in one of our only chances at doing anything remotely interesting this season would be so disappointing.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Ozza wrote:I don't think I can be arsed with it to be honest, the whole thing about the club makes me depressed
Pretty much how I feel about it as well

Spurs supporting mates I know couldn't care less about it either, so probably the first game between us that won't get any 'banter' before or after
simon hammer
Has liked: 993 likes
Total likes: 748 likes

Post by simon hammer »

TheHandOfDog wrote:If Slav rests our key players, I hope he quits. We need a win, our fans deserve a win against these. Playing a weakened team in one of our only chances at doing anything remotely interesting this season would be so disappointing.
In any circumstances against Spurs, I want us to field our strongest team. Wouldn't matter if they had won the league and we had been relegated with five games to go, even if it was as meaningless as the last game of the season could ever be, I would still expect to field our strongest team and to beat them...and I am sure that Spurs fans feel the same.

Field the kids/reserves/a weakened team on Wednesday (bar Adrian) and he loses my support.
OFT
Has liked: 3241 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Slav really should field the strongest and fittest 11 available, it's a reasonable assumption that Spurs will turn out their 2nd string so if we win, it's all good and if we don't beat their reserve mob Sully may have to decide to put Slav out of his misery..

:crest:
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

OFT wrote:Slav really should field the strongest and fittest 11 available, it's a reasonable assumption that Spurs will turn out their 2nd string so if we win, it's all good and if we don't beat their reserve mob Sully may have to decide to put Slav out of his misery..

:crest:
Of course he should and Adrian also improves us.
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

We need to get the first goal, after that anything could happen
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

15 minutes in, the players form a huddle in the centre circle, cross their arms and make their piss, then point (with their fingers) at the directors box while they get their yellow cards. Then they carry Slav shoulder high on a circuit of the astroturf savannah around the pitch and deposit him on a flight from City airport to Zagreb where he takes over the national team and wins the World Cup.

The end.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 206 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Tott 2nd string v Our strongest XI 3-0. More misery.
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

For the first time ever I'm half hoping we get a pasting IF it would lead to the sacking of Bilic. That's a big "if" as I'm far from certain that the board would have the guts.
Of course, while Bilic is terrible about on field tactics, a job retention tactic could be to play a second string team and afterwards mumble something about concentrating on the league.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Anyone entertaining the thought of hoping to lose the game can get in the bin and **** off. Unacceptable behaviour
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Ted Fenton wrote:For the first time ever I'm half hoping we get a pasting IF it would lead to the sacking of Bilic. That's a big "if" as I'm far from certain that the board would have the guts.
Of course, while Bilic is terrible about on field tactics, a job retention tactic could be to play a second string team and afterwards mumble something about concentrating on the league.
Classy. Not.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Monkeybubbles wrote:15 minutes in, the players form a huddle in the centre circle, cross their arms and make their piss, then point (with their fingers) at the directors box while they get their yellow cards. Then they carry Slav shoulder high on a circuit of the astroturf savannah around the pitch and deposit him on a flight from City airport to Zagreb where he takes over the national team and wins the World Cup.

The end.

You're a poet!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Ted Fenton wrote:For the first time ever I'm half hoping we get a pasting IF it would lead to the sacking of Bilic. That's a big "if" as I'm far from certain that the board would have the guts.

Now you've gone and done it. The validity of your support as a West Ham fan will now be called in to question..
ads78
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by ads78 »

We should be putting out a strong side and looking to win this. The only time I would ever wish a West Ham side to lose is if it would directly lead to Spurs or Liverpool being relegated or missing out on a title!

Need to go back to 3 at the back.
Noble needs to start.
Give Antonio a rest as he is clearly not fit / carrying a niggle. Also give Zab a rest.
Give Holland a start so that we have some genuine pace in the team

I'd go for something along the lines of:

-------------Adrian
------Fonte Reid Rice
Byram-------------------Masuaku
----------Noble--Obiang
----Holland--------------Lanzini
----------------Chich
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Colours never run wrote:

Now you've gone and done it. The validity of your support as a West Ham fan will now be called in to question..
Perish the thought.
As a West Ham fan, I hate the spuds. As a West Ham fan,if we lose to them,never mind getting battered, I'll get nothing but gloating from the local spud who runs one of the pubs in town, it was always so
I don't want to lose to anyone,is that so weird?.