West Ham United 1-4 Liverpool (04/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Re: West Ham v Liverpool match thread

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Sadly mate, today was the West Ham way. There is not another team in this league that would have handed a point and had it not been for Joe Hart, all three to Palace quite like we did this afternoon[/quote]

I think we've had the West Ham way three games on the spin now Puff 0-3 to Brighton, 2-3 after being 2 down against S***s and 2-2 V Palace after being 0-2 up. Nothing will surprise me at the moment!
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Re: West Ham United v Liverpool match thread

Post by johnnyb »

Just a thought but do we have anyone in our midfield or defence who could catch Salah when he makes his runs? No, we don't. To have a team such as ours so devoid of any pace is lunacy in the modern game but that's what we've got and we will pay the price come end of season.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

All I want is wingbacks and with Ayew, Chich and Lanzini as the front 3.

Some heart and work TOGETHER. is that too much to ask? I honestly may cry if we get beat 3/4-0 to the bin dippers.

Would give anything for 30% possession 1 shot on target and a 1-0 win.. I have lost all confidence. I just want to see points on the board right now. Our performances are like a yo-yo at the moment.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

It's just so difficult to be positive about anything West Ham at the moment. Another defeat I'm afraid 2-0, maybe 3-0. But Billic will still be here, come what may.
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

If we lose by more than 2 and find ourselves in the bottom 3 I think Bilic will be gone.
It gives the dildo brothers 2 weeks to get someone in ...
I personally think we will get tonked 1-5
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Such doom and gloom, I’m going out after to have a good few drinks and the result won’t dampen my mood. Cheer up everyone, West Ham are being West Ham.*

* we’re gonna smash then 3-1
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

On the bright side papers are reporting that bin dippers will be missing Mane, Adam Lallana and Philippe Coutinho....

And possibly Lovren and Cline too...

:)
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I want Lovren to play, he is proper gash!

The Mickeys are not strong at the back, but very useful up front, so the tactics should be charge!!!!!

I always look forward to this fixture (strangely!!), I am not going to put down a score, as I do not have a Scooby which West ham will turn up, and will it be for 45 mins, or 70, we can't expect 90mins yet...
NottingHammer6
Has liked: 1 like

Post by NottingHammer6 »

johnnyb wrote:Just a thought but do we have anyone in our midfield or defence who could catch Salah when he makes his runs? No, we don't. To have a team such as ours so devoid of any pace is lunacy in the modern game but that's what we've got and we will pay the price come end of season.
In fairness, I don't think many defenders in the league/world could catch Salah at full flow
Briggsy
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Briggsy »

I reckon we'll be 1-0 up with a few minutes to go, take the ball to corner flag, hold it there, get tackled & hit on the counter and concede. Then concede again.

1-2 Liverpool.
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

[/quote]

In fairness, I don't think many defenders in the league/world could catch Salah at full flow[/quote]

Arthur can.
Johnzo
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Johnzo »

Will need to score 3 or 4 to get a draw, I personally think we'll just fall short.

2-3 or 3-4.

Pitch does us no favours against players like Salah. Lucky mane is un fit as it could of got really messy
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Re-run of last season, possibly worse.
NottingHammer6
Has liked: 1 like

Post by NottingHammer6 »

Estuary wrote: Arthur can.
Well its a shame he wouldn't be able to tackle him and win the ball without committing a foul...
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Major »

Alright People,

My cousin is taking my Dad to the game on Saturday, he is to old for train now, where is a good place for them to park relatively near the ground but more importantly not a nightmare to get out of after the game? my cousin says he had a mare when he parked in Westfield.

Any info gratefully received.

Cheers
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

I fancy us for the win .. this is new west Ham .. play ***** for a few weeks then come out with a performance

Bilic can at least pick his strongest side without claiming 'they were a bit tired; ....
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Major wrote:Alright People,

My cousin is taking my Dad to the game on Saturday, he is to old for train now, where is a good place for them to park relatively near the ground but more importantly not a nightmare to get out of after the game? my cousin says he had a mare when he parked in Westfield.

Any info gratefully received.

Cheers
Maybe have a look on Justpark or Parkopedia to find somewhere round Hackney Wick? Not far to the ground, much less ballache.
Maldonboys

Post by Maldonboys »

2-1 all day long .......................
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Gomes klavan matip Moreno is possibly the worst defence in the league.Without Mane coutinho lallana their only real threat is salah.seriously take out salah from possible starting xi and it’s a mid table team.Unfortunately salah will start and rip us to pieces.2-5 my guess
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

bubbles500 wrote:Gomes klavan matip Moreno is possibly the worst defence in the league.Without Mane coutinho lallana their only real threat is salah.seriously take out salah from possible starting xi and it’s a mid table team.Unfortunately salah will start and rip us to pieces.2-5 my guess
Wijnaldum, Chamberlain, Firmino, Salah & Sturridge are all capable of ripping us a new one with speed and movement. Even without Salah they'll press us hard and we'll panic on the ball because as a group they are better drilled and twice as fit.

Coutinho will be fit to play against us anyway.