West Ham United 1-4 Liverpool (04/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

OFT
Has liked: 3232 likes
Total likes: 1851 likes

Re: West Ham United v Liverpool match thread

Post by OFT »

Hamburger wrote:.
Looking forward to hearing from the Bilic defenders.
Cresswell or Reid?
woking-boy
Total likes: 1 like

Post by woking-boy »

[quote="hornsey"]spot on Gerrard
"West Ham great club, great support and they deserve more"[/quote

should sign him up
would liven up are midfield]
traxop

Post by traxop »

MB wrote:We've looked decent on the ball but no energy in central midfield and static at the back.

Been some decent performances up their end but woeful at the other end. Got to say that Arnie moeny could have been better spent in CM.
We should have spent what needed to be spent on a CDM even after we've gotten Arnie.
chuffster
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by chuffster »

OFT wrote: Klopps gob looks like an abused gash
You b*stard!Now I need a new keyboard!! :lol:
OFT

Post by OFT »

Fishdo wrote:The camera stopped on Slav having a chat with the assistant coach, the fitness coach and Dicks....

The look on Dicks face... if ever he looked gormless it was in that moment....

Slav was clearly asking for input from them... they all looked dumb founded... completely blank!!
Noticed that as well and had the same thoughts as you.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Left after the 4th goal..not sure I have ever seen such a clueless, disorganised, unmotivated, lethargic, unfit rabble

I have absolutely no idea what we do in training during the week because the players look absolutely clueless when they step on the pitch

Do they not work on defensive phases of play from our own set pieces?

Fo they not practice sprinting. Still no one has sprinted
hammer1975
Has liked: 980 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Obiang was poor but regularly 2 or 3 on 1. Reid and Cresswell far worse for me.
Ingwe
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

Visiting teams seem to score at will. Our defence-gone AWOL. Another shed full of goals shipped. Pisspoor.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

I will unlock this after you lot stop using this as a bilic slag fest

There’s a thread for that please use it

People want to post about the match not the same old nonsense posted every day by the same people :kumb:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes

Post by sicknote »

As above

Please post on the match itself

Not your preconceived agendas you carry on other threads, or your fishing or trolling of the manager and posters that may support the manager, theres a thread currently running that suits al’ Your needs

This is for the game it’s self not a point scoring adventure for those that think it’s aml a game to wind up others and create us issues

There’s been half hour to collect your thoughts , hopefully you will post accordingly

Thank you

:kumb:
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 522 likes
Total likes: 1317 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Third goal absolutely ****ed us. Gutted.

Journey home is going to suck.

Wish I earned tens of thousands after that like the eleven on the pitch.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Having endured a bus service to Newbury Park this afternoon and now the return journey I am really questioning why I bother.

Liverpool offered very little and at times we actually played some attractive passing football. But glaringly stupid mistakes (again) has cost us (again). After 70 mins it was obvious that we surrendered.

At the Boleyn I could cope - the pub was in spitting distance. But here?

Something needs to change dramatically or we're going to playing championship football in a half empty stadium.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Well it's deja vu yet again isn't it?

A few decent moments in the first half, and then an utter defensive malaise as they somehow get themselves 3 vs 1 from our corner. Fernandez was channelling Nordveit on that one.

More brain farts in the defence as Hart stops a ricochet from Noble, yet none of our players are in the 6 yard box and goal side of Matip - tap in.

Then it's a post half time wake up and a 15 minute period when our players finally put in the least that we all ask of them - effort - and get one back. Only for Liverpool to then effectively stroll back up the other end and score again.

Their forth was the worst of all, as they passed at will to player after player standing in acres of space. As Salah received the ball on the edge of our box with the time and space to take a touch before he half volleyed it, there was 4 of our defenders in the middle marking each other.

Honestly, other teams don't even need to work that hard to score against us. How can a professional football team be this badly organised defensively?

:thdn:
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

hammer1975 wrote:Obiang was poor but regularly 2 or 3 on 1. Reid and Cresswell far worse for me.
100% Noble never close to his man, happy to shadow box 5-10yds off pointing :eh:

Cresswell hides from pacy wingers posing as a CB never close enough to crosser out wide.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Just licked and stamped the envelopes........white feathers or Matthew Upsons as they are more commonly known are winging their way to the lot of 'em............what a cowardly shower of ***** all of them. :thdn:
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Just to rub our noses in it, we're first on Match Of The Day :fsake:
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes

Post by jacko »

The worst thing about it was that it was so predictable.

Everyone knows that Liverpool are a great counter attacking side. Why did we make it so easy for them?

We had a few patches of matching them but it never lasted long. We can't sustain any pressure and we always make mistakes. We are guaranteed to make an awful mistake in every game.
OFT

Post by OFT »

WHU_Del wrote:Just to rub our noses in it, we're first on Match Of The Day :fsake:

I'll be giving that a very wide berth
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Individually some players had their moments today. But collectively nobody did. We are not playing as a team that understands how we play together, what to do, when and why.

I thought Lanzini and Ayew both had flashes of decent play, both seemed to at least do some running around the pitch as well. The little Mexican looked lost, playing wth his back to goal and no movement around him. He may as well have not been on the pitch.

We were incredibly static both with and without the ball. The players seem to ball watch, the sort of thing you expect to see from kids. Carroll was a notable improvement when he came on.

Noble and Cresswell were particularly bad I thought and offered absolutely nothing apart from passing the ball backwards when we had opportunities to move forwards. It was dire from both but I suppose you might be able to defend them by saying there was little to nothing to aim for in front of them.

We are not playing as a team. We look completely devoid of ideas. As if nobody knows what their job is meant to be in the different phases. We just amble around. There’s nothing you could identify this team for as a significant marker (decisively solid, counter attacking, long ball merchants, lacking in ability but tough, athletic but lacking skill).

We also look incredibly unathletic. I can honestly say with my athletic background I’m confident I could outrun, outwork and outpace a decent proportion of our squad at the moment. It’s absolutely bonkers mental watching how slow & weak some of them are.

All in all, I’d say after watching that we are lacking in almost every area as a squad.

It reminded me of a 4-1 defeat at home to Aston Villa back in the 90’s on a Saturday evening. It was almost identical.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

As I said a few days ago. I cashed in with ticket trader as I knew it would be horrible tonight. Got a £50 credit which should cover a fair chunk of a championship ST next season.
Not proud...but win lose or draw since last game at the old place this has been my least favourite period as a fan. And I've seen some Shiite in my time I tell yer.

We've had it by the way. Nobody can revive this lot. Awful bunch. Payet was right to abandon ship.