West Ham United 1-4 Liverpool (04/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Re: West Ham United v Liverpool match thread

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Beavis Danzig wrote:wonder if this will have a moment of purest comedy like last season where one of their defenders committed a clear as day handball in the box while in the process punching our centre back in the head and leaving him on the deck, only for the ref to wave play on so they could nip down the other end and put the ball in our net.
The comedy came from the defending that follwed. Unbelievable!
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Live on BT Sport on a Saturday evening against one of the best supported team’s in the world, time for the sack the board chants to get into full swing.

Stand up and sing it loud
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

hammers92 wrote:
Should have been doing that today. Instead our support was too busy singing the name of an ex player who nearly ****ing scored a header whilst his name was being sung

You seriously couldn’t make it up
Noble Man
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Noble Man »

hammers92 wrote:Live on BT Sport on a Saturday evening against one of the best supported team’s in the world, time for the sack the board chants to get into full swing.

How would they sack themselves? We;re stuck with them until they sell up and they won't do that!!!
The Big Show

Post by The Big Show »

Should have been doing that today. Instead our support was too busy singing the name of an ex player who nearly ****ing scored a header whilst his name was being sung

You seriously couldn’t make it up[/quote]

Found it cringeworthy today. The bloke clearly couldn't care less, yet we continued to sing his name looking for acknowledgement. Average player who wanted to leave, move on.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Noble Man wrote:How would they sack themselves? We;re stuck with them until they sell up and they won't do that!!!
:thdn: it’s a figure of speech that you’re not happy. Unless you wanna try and sing your response and find a way of getting it into a catchy tune, sack the board is fine with me.

If you’re not happy with owners, sack the board should be chanted.
bubbles500

Re: West Ham v Liverpool match thread

Post by bubbles500 »

MB wrote:Their pace and our defence. What can go wrong?

Do we have a defence Ginge Reid And now fonte all injured.He will play a back 3,cause that’s what he does when he shits himself. Ogbonna Rice Kouyate.It won’t be pretty just hope Mane isn’t back.
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Liverpool really aren't that good although I concede they can be good on the odd occasion. Get at them and we can beat them, hopefully no Coutinho or Mane for them aswell.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

bubbles500 wrote:
Do we have a defence Ginge Reid And now fonte all injured.He will play a back 3,cause that’s what he does when he shits himself. Ogbonna Rice Kouyate.It won’t be pretty just hope Mane isn’t back.

Doesn't matter if he isn't They put 7 past Maribor without him
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

jacko wrote:
THey aren't going to sack him. They are too tight.
Why do people keep posting this ****? It makes no sense. As soon as they believe he's taking us down they will get rid. If they're too tight to pay up half a season's wage they're definitely too tight for a relegation
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Because 'belief' he is taking us down, when measured by them, is a plain reality that relegation is inescapable.

Look at it from a longer perspective. Grant was reprieved repeatedly and was only sacked when we had actually been relegated.

The finger hovered over the trigger for Zola, but didn't engage because their calculation was probably that there were three teams inferior to us.

They knew Allardyce was massively unpopular in his final season, but, true to form, they sniped and moaned about him, even famously to fans outside grounds, but never pulled the trigger.

It is all fine for them to limp from August to May every season, winning 9-11 matches and losing half of them.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 826 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

An all too predictable loss coming here I reckon, with a new manager in place by the time we return from the international break. :thdn:
kevino
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by kevino »

I wonder if we will try and make plans to counteract Coutinho (if he plays) this time, or just let him run riot like he did in the final home game of last season.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

line up very much depends on players returning from injury

------------------------Hart

--------Kouyate-----Reid---Ogbonna

Byram-----Fernandez---Obiang-------Arther

-----------------------Lanzini

------------------Ayew

----------------------------Hernandez

personally for me thats the line up providing all those players are fit
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

We'll put zero effort in and will lay down and die like we have done since last season when we play a top 6-7 team. 3 or 4-0 Liverpool. It'll be over by the 60th minute at the latest. Oh and Slav will still not be sacked and the fans will still not turn on the owners in the stands.

And I can't for the life of me see why anyone would put Ogboona in team. EVERY time that c*nt starts a League game we let a bucket load of goals in. If Collins is fit pick him. I'd actually rather take a gamble and play Rice at the back than play Ogbonna. And as much as he has shown a lot of passion since being back in the team, Noble has been arguably to blame for one goal against Spurs and the lead up to Palace's 2nd. All players that have been making errors that lead to goals deserve to be dropped. It's the only way they'll learn to be more disciplined as they'll be determined to take their chance should they get another chance again, you'd hope. Antonio has been very poor so far this season and I wouldn't even include him on the bench. Take his goals and effort away and he is a very overrated player. I would promote Holland to the bench as like Rice he has earned his chance. And if it wasn't for the fact we can only name 7 subs I would squeeze Martinez onto the bench aswell.

Fonte I presume will miss this game too?

My team would be:

----------------------------------Hart--------------------------------

---------------Collins-------Kouyate---------Reid---------------

-Byram---------------Rice------------Obiang------------------Cresswell-

--------------------------------Lanzini------------------------------------

-------------------------Ayew---------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Hernandez-----------------------------

Subs: Adrian, Ogbonna, Masuaku, Fernandes, Noble, Holland, Carroll.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

We will WIN this game

By how many don't care

How we do it don't care

Just ****ing win!!!!!!!!!!!/b]
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

We are hosting a team with a back 5 that I wouldn't swap ours for...Liverpool or not we have to look at 3 points being more than possible.

We really need a fit and right frame of mind Antonio with this one...they are extremely vulnerable on the counter. I don't see how we hurt them with no pace...
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

7-4 to the Red scouse. Goals galore!!!
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:We are hosting a team with a back 5 that I wouldn't swap ours for...Liverpool or not we have to look at 3 points being more than possible.

We really need a fit and right frame of mind Antonio with this one...they are extremely vulnerable on the counter. I don't see how we hurt them with no pace...
our best system is without a doubt 3 cbs with wing backs

Antonio doesn't fit into this system tho.. he gives the ball away too much (evident before the palace game.) ayew and hernandez in a 2 up top are perfect. play clever balls too each other and retain the ball better

hernandez also is very fast
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

mumbles87 wrote:
our best system is without a doubt 3 cbs with wing backs

Antonio doesn't fit into this system tho.. he gives the ball away too much (evident before the palace game.) ayew and hernandez in a 2 up top are perfect. play clever balls too each other and retain the ball better

hernandez also is very fast
If only it were that simple. You're right, however, we do. Don't ask me why we cannot keep possession of the ball, but we just appear incapable of it. Every other team in this league can do it, even watching ****ing Brighton yesterday, they can do it, yet we all support the one team in this league that cannot make anymore than three or four passes, before the other team turns it over, or it is a sloppy, misplaced pass to an unsuspecting colleague, caught day dreaming. Nobody can tell me every other manager in this league is a better manager than Bilic, nobody can tell me Brighton have better players than us either, so it had to be something else that is wrong. These are professional footballers, failing in the bloody basics