Watford 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: Watford v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Ozza »

Iron-worx wrote:The streams were appalling yesterday, worst ever, and I saw virtually nothing.

All I can comment on therefore is that I saw that we covered 10km more distance than our average for this season - It would seem that the workrate has improved even if nothing else has.
Meaning that fitness wasn't the issue with this underperforming club then, despite that reason being sold to us, and one of the main reasons to bin the previous manager?
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

I know it's early days, but I didn't see anything that looked to be an improvement over what's gone before this season.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes

Post by Ozza »

WHU_Del wrote:I know it's early days, but I didn't see anything that looked to be an improvement over what's gone before this season.
certainly not tactically or motivationally
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

WHU_Del wrote:I know it's early days, but I didn't see anything that looked to be an improvement over what's gone before this season.
people got excited because we fluffed a few chances against a defence who let in 2 against west brom and 3 against everton and bristol city.

it was their first clean sheet in 8 games.
ludo22
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by ludo22 »

The 10 minutes before their second goal was one of the most dreadful and embarrassing passages of football I've ever seen.It was so unbelievably inept.Every time we got the ball,we gave it away.The law of averages says that if you kick a ball blindfolded enough times,it will eventually go to a teammate but West Ham managed to defy that law whilst not blindfolded.It wasn't as if they were playing a team that were super skillful and incisive and performing backs to the walls heroics.It was just get the ball then give it back to the opposition.That midfield trio yesterday was utterly abysmal and,I'm a big fan of Noble,but he's done.Obiang and Kouyate don't have the excuse of being old,they're just ****.Also,Reid's pathetic attempt at defending after he gave the ball away was shameful.He was literally jogging over to the eventual goalscorer.Bin the ****ing lot of them.
Last edited by ludo22 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

ludo22 wrote:The 10 minutes before their second goal was one of the most dreadful and embarrassing passages of football I've ever seen.It was so unbelievably inept.Every time we got the ball,we gave it away.The law of averages says that if you kick a ball blindfolded enough times,it will eventually go to a teammate but West Ham managed to defy that law whilst not blindfolded.It wasn't as if they were playing a team that were super skillful and incisive and performing backs to the walls heroics.It was just get the ball then give it back to the opposition.That midfield trio yesterday was utterly abysmal and,I'm a big fan of Noble,but he's done.Obiang and Kouyate don't have the excuse of being old,they're just ****.
Totally agree

Sakho was stripped and ready to come on for about 5 solid minutes. We couldn't even kick the ball out, never mind find a team mate. I've seen kids teams put together a better passage of play than that. And Watford aren't even that good...........imagine what Man City will do to us
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

Ozza wrote:
Meaning that fitness wasn't the issue with this underperforming club then, despite that reason being sold to us, and one of the main reasons to bin the previous manager?
it was never the reason in my eyes, mental fitness and attitude are the keys here.
Most of those players yesterday have never had a training session with Moyes and his coaches, its unthinkable that the team has suddenly got physically fitter in virtually no time at all.
aitchayell
Total likes: 1 like

Post by aitchayell »

My player ratings
Hart 5
Zabaleta 4
Reid 4
Ogbonna 5
Cresswell 3
Obiang 3
Kouyate 3
Noble 4
Arnautovic 6
Lanzini 5
Carroll 3

Not one single player had a decent game.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

The reporter interviewing Moyes after the game for the BBC said it was an obvious improvement on the last few games.

Was it??!! We were just as bad if not worse yesterday.
mushy

Post by mushy »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:
I believe it is time to start bringing in Martinez, Rice. Players who have the determination to win us football games..
Martinez was in a side that got beaten 5-1 at home on Friday to an average under 23 Derby side. Am not sure this so called determination will work well for him in the Prem.
He looked like he was treading water the entire game, maybe its all this intense training?
WorcesterWHU
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

I’d recall Oxford before I stick Martinez in the side.
ludo22
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by ludo22 »

WorcesterWHU wrote:I’d recall Oxford before I stick Martinez in the side.
And the reason he's on loan,as we all know,is to save money on his wages.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

aitchayell wrote:My player ratings
Hart 5
Zabaleta 4
Reid 4
Ogbonna 5
Cresswell 3
Obiang 3
Kouyate 3
Noble 4
Arnautovic 6
Lanzini 5
Carroll 3

Not one single player had a decent game.
I would give Obiang, Cresswell ,Carroll and Kouyate a 2
WorcesterWHU
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

The one that is surprisingly lacking at the moment is Lanzini. He's not been right since coming back from his injury.
mushy

Post by mushy »

The bit about the board backing Moyes in the transfer market in January, am not sure where Lawro gets these types of statements from.
mushy

Post by mushy »

WorcesterWHU wrote:The one that is surprisingly lacking at the moment is Lanzini. He's not been right since coming back from his injury.
Disillusioned and fed up, happens to most good players when they are surrounded by lazy lame duck players.
He will have instructed his agent to find him another club, his agent will have told to him not bust a gut and to take things a bit easier as he will find another club easily.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Beavis Danzig wrote:
people got excited because we fluffed a few chances against a defence who let in 2 against west brom and 3 against everton and bristol city.

it was their first clean sheet in 8 games.
So we were creating chances then? 4 clear cut chances that were either wasted or the goalkeeper pulled off a great save. So despite how bad we were, we still had enough chances to get something out of the match. Let's not forget that our goals have been coming from Ayew and Hernandez...

Moyes had a worse side to pick from than Bilic has had in his previous 5/6...Fonte, Antonio, Ayew, Hernandez all missing.

There were loads of clear problems yesterday, not sure how they are all Moyes' fault when he's been here less than 2 weeks and hasn't worked with most of them. Do some of us actually want Moyes to fail?
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

WorcesterWHU wrote:The one that is surprisingly lacking at the moment is Lanzini. He's not been right since coming back from his injury.
Wouldn't be surprised if he had his head turned by Liverpool or a club alike in the summer.

Also, the way Payet acted last season set a bad precedent in terms of attitude.
Think we are still suffering the effect of that to a degree.
brun61

Post by brun61 »

From what I saw yesterday it wasn't Bilic at fault it was the players, what a load of utter crap from so called decent players, should be made to refund those that travelled out of their wages, maybe Lanzini has had enough, he cant carry this lot on his own, relegation on the cards & we will struggle to get back up, no half decent player will want to come to us in January even if some money is made available, we are in deep **** & sorry to say, cant see an answer at the moment
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes

Post by Colours never run »

4 clear cut chances, yet the same could be said about Watford who also failed to finish all their chances.