Everton 4-0 West Ham United (29/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Everton 4-0 West Ham United (29/11/17)

Post by prophet:marginal »

An e-Moyes-ional return for David, to the club where he made a name for himself. I wonder what the faithful there would have made of their present board re-hiring him, once Koeman was fired.

Instead, they have gone on now for over a month with Dave Unsworth (what is it about ex-Everton players? Him and Southall look like they've morphed halfway into weebles). As I type, they are 3-1 down at St Mary's. Difficult to see that they'll have time to get a new man in before Wednesday, so its Unsworth The Novice vs their last long-term appointment.

We so need to come home with a win, a first away since the last day of last season and, with a bit of (re)training for the defence, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go again with the same line up. Hernandez and Antonio can sit and await an opportunity, imo.

For me, the only change I would suggest would be to hold back Andy for a late-ish cameo. Ayew's mobility might better tire what looks like a defence as liable to uncertainty as even our own. From afar, it looks as if their team has lost a lot of its drive and experience, at the same time, by waving off Lukaku and Barry.

For once, we might be playing a team even more in desperate need of avoiding a loss than us. So long as we can absorb any early efforts, use the whole of the pitch, as opposed to silly little balls to an already-marked player and take our chances, I fancy that we've as much chance as beating these, as we had at Selhurst Park.

And for Moyes, this represents the best early 'still got this' opportunity to clamber over someone (anyone's) shoulders to that oasis of relative safety, 17th place! :D

Big up to all those going up there on a weekday winter evening. I fancy there's goals at each end, but that we could beat these lot.

Predict: 1-2 (Ayew / Arnie)
Last edited by gmh on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Full club name added
bubbles500

Re: Everton -v West Ham - Match Thread

Post by bubbles500 »

Deserve to go down if we can’t beat this lot. They are truly awful.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Re: Everton -v West Ham United - Match Thread

Post by prophet:marginal »

Full club name added

We're not from London, you know!
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Everton need a win.........
brothernero
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Re: Everton -v West Ham - Match Thread

Post by brothernero »

bubbles500 wrote:Deserve to go down if we can’t beat this lot. They are truly awful.
5 wins from our last 40 v Everton. A draw would be good. No chance of a win up there though. West Ham up against a bogey team who will be in desperate need of a win when we are in even more need of a win, away from home as well.

West Ham will be West Ham, lose to them and then go and get a result from City or Chelsea.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

IMHO we've left ourselves little choice, we must beat them. They're also relegation candidates this season and against Southampton they're dire and possibly even worse than us at the back. Austin's scored 2 identical goals at the front post in 15 minutes.
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

Why do I have a feeling Wednesdays match v Everton will see David Moyes going back to his old club to try and get a result against Sam Allardyce's new team.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Don’t care about our record up there, we’ve gotta take 3 points from this

Also, if we lose it’ll be 1 point from 9 for Moyes. He also needs a result with City and Chelsea after
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

brothernero wrote:Why do I have a feeling Wednesdays match v Everton will see David Moyes going back to his old club to try and get a result against Sam Allardyce's new team.
Someone laced your breakfast with LSD?
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Everton are as bad as I can remember them in over 50 years of watching football. If we don't beat them this week, it's game over for us - but win and we put them in real trouble, and give ourselves some hope. The proverbial 6 pointer!
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

Sorry Jumby I don't really follow you there, what would be so shocking about Sam Allardyce becoming the new Everton manager?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Baines and Keane off injured today.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Sitting here watching them get well and truly dicked by Southampton, they look equally as awful as us. So, the two worst teams in this league playing each other gotta be 0-0
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

brothernero wrote:Sorry Jumby I don't really follow you there, what would be so shocking about Sam Allardyce becoming the new Everton manager?
Nothing, but us winning? :lol:
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

Oh, no I know we wont win. Already said we have no chance. Tbh I think we are in for a good old fashioned hiding. 3 or 4-1 to them.

One thing that will never change about West Ham is our DNA and our ability to make a really shocking and out of form team look like world beaters.

I am already checking to see which Everton player has not scored for yonks.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1118 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

They are the one team I’ve seen this season that look as bad as us. However, we no longer have a ‘home’ advantage but other teams do so I expect that to tell, 2-1 defeat in the last ‘winnable’ game until Stoke. Rock bottom for Xmas :(
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Whilst it's not exactly a turnaround of form what we have that they don't is a vague and slight improvement - if anything they're just continuing to get worse and appear to have properly borked replacing Koeman so far.

Shame we can't take 3 points from the Leicester game into this but really, we should be looking to get on the front foot and really twist the knife - be aggressive and not passive.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

brothernero wrote:Sorry Jumby I don't really follow you there, what would be so shocking about Sam Allardyce becoming the new Everton manager?
He's already ruled himself hasn't he because they were dithering .

They were discussing the vacancy on Sky this morning on the Sunday Supplement , and seemingly the chap who has bought 49% of Everton is calling the shots on who the new Manager is .

They said he wants a big name / foreign chap , and thus far their attempts to lure Silva from Watford , despite offering £10m in compensation have failed .
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

Cheers PP, I knew Sam ruled himself out of the WBA job, but not the Everton one.

WBA Want Pardew, who I still think on a short term contract would have been the better fit for us.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

It would be shocking for us as he'd keep them up and if he's in the seat when we play them he'll tighten up their defence too.