Everton 4-0 West Ham United (29/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Boooogers!

Re: Everton -v West Ham United - Match Thread

Post by Boooogers! »

If I’d just lost 5-1 then 4-1 and was low on confidence I know who I’d want up next...
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 937 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Although we evened it up a bit with the astonishing 2:3 a couple of seasons ago and with Adrian's penalty antics the year before, we still owe this lot ten tonne of ****.

I've seen more late goals against us and underserved losses to Everton than anyone else.

I'd happily see the tables turned and us grind out a workmanlike performance with a freaky late winner just to rub it in.

It's going to be cold, nervy with a real crowd in a real ground. Really up for this!
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

I liked Unsworth as a player...until he was brow beaten by his missus to go back to scouse land because she couldn’t settle in London.

I have a sense that we owe him a little bit of retribution, even though it might be a harsh way to justify seeing nothing but prey in a game we must win. I wouldn’t say I’m confident, but watching that game today really reminded me what it’s like seeing well paid pros playing with a distinct lack of heart and passion. Everton are where we were before Moyes...if a little worse. Bogey team or not, we went to Anfield and won and we can do these too.

I think Lanzini and Kouyate ŵill be crucial in this game and if we play with the energy we did on Friday, we will cause them all kinds of problems.

0-2 and some much needed confidence going into December’s nightmare.
hammer1975
Has liked: 987 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Schneiderlin and Rooney are two players that always seem to raise their game against us

A fortunate 0-1 or 1-2 win for us would be massive
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2691 likes
Total likes: 1787 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Gerblatz wrote:I liked Unsworth as a player...until he was brow beaten by his missus to go back to scouse land because she couldn’t settle in London.

I have a sense that we owe him a little bit of retribution, even though it might be a harsh way to justify seeing nothing but prey in a game we must win. I wouldn’t say I’m confident, but watching that game today really reminded me what it’s like seeing well paid pros playing with a distinct lack of heart and passion. Everton are where we were before Moyes....
Unsworth was an excellent player for us , too bad his wife got home-sick otherwise he could have gone down as a West Ham Legend , oh and it was Aston Villa he went to after us arriving back at Everton soon afterwards .

Southampton got in their faces , never gave them an inch , they scored some great goals too - if we can hassle their defence and be first to most balls in midfield I can see us winning - Ayew to score first .
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Too true TOMoS; I’d forgotten he went to Villa - short lived too.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

hammer1975 wrote:Schneiderlin and Rooney are two players that always seem to raise their game against us

A fortunate 0-1 or 1-2 win for us would be massive
And Siggurdson scored a cracker today to get off the mark. With the way our defenders stand off, he'll probably get a hat-trick.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Martin Keown just said on MOTD: "Everton vs West Ham on Wednesday. Has there ever been a bigger game for Everton?" :shock:
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

TOMOS spot on.

Get in their faces. Boss them. 100% energy from us. Don't start at a stroll then decide to get going after they nick one.

0 - 2 to us
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Sir_Trevor wrote:Martin Keown just said on MOTD: "Everton vs West Ham on Wednesday. Has there ever been a bigger game for Everton?" :shock:
Then Kilbane said "Who would you pick to play if you needed a win?" and I wasn't sure if he mean't Everton or West Ham.

The rat faced turd.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

Two poor sides at the moment but I rekon everton will react to their thrashing by saints today plus our goodison jinx. 2-0 to everton sorry to say :crest:
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Sir_Trevor wrote:Martin Keown just said on MOTD: "Everton vs West Ham on Wednesday. Has there ever been a bigger game for Everton?" :shock:
Although ridiculous comment slightly disastrous for us. This will be all over media next couple of days and unfortunately will most likely pump them up. Just have to hope they don’t sort manager.
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

He actually said " in their history..which is even worse..surely the game against Wimbledon they needed to win (and did thanks to a corrupt Wimbledon team) was a lot more important. Though it is important it is still November and a defeat for anyone is no guarantee of relegation.

I heard Klibane's remarks and thought he was going to say West Ham would be the team you would want to play but did stop short of that and don't think he meant it that way…if you were Everton though I'm sure we would be a team you would want to play now.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Amongst all the obvious reasons for wanting the win, it'd be nice to further upset the odious Talksport troll Mike Parry, who has just descended to a new low even for him on Twitter.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

One thing this game is and that's a must not lose game. Because of our history there, no one expects a victory but a draw is more than realistic which keeps then tight to us and doesn't allow them to get away creating a gap between us. If ever there was a game to park the bus, this is one of them. We simply cannot allow them to win. They are in just as much mess as we are on and off the field and it's that we need to capitalise on. We're more than capable of a draw which then takes us into the City game using much the same tactics.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

pharaoh wrote:if you were Everton though I'm sure we would be a team you would want to play now.
We'll just have to disappoint them then, pharaoh.
Monkeyhead & Ratface have never liked us/given us credit, anyway.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

They're going to pummel us. It's just so obvious.
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

Billydinho wrote:They're going to pummel us. It's just so obvious.
Have the same feeling. :(
LouieOneChop

Post by LouieOneChop »

They will feel the pressure at home, as naff as we have been they aint done much better, evertons goal diff is actually worse than ours.

COYI :crest:
Al Fisti
Has liked: 120 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

I hope the 3 (Arni-Lanzini-Masuaku) in the offensive MF will play again on Wednesday. They made a lot pressure on both sides.

Another striker for Carroll please!