Everton 4-0 West Ham United (29/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Re: Everton -v West Ham United - Match Thread

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

The BT sport lads after the game were saying why not play Arnie on the left, in his preferred position, and where he played 90% of the time for Stoke.

Its a fair enough point, but also, i can sort of see why Moyes is trying to fit in Arthur - he desperately wants pace in the team, and we desperately need it. If we take Arthur out and play Arnie and Ayew in the wide areas, we'll really struggle to create imo.

Part of me would like to see Arthur on the left, and Antonio on the right, just to see what we can do with raw pace in the wide areas. If it doesnt work, then i think we need to give Arnie a go on the left. We're certainly not seeing the best of him on the right.

Out of the striking options we have, id be inclined to give Sakho a go.
thewhirlwind
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by thewhirlwind »

Douthy wrote:It goes back to the 1st transfer window of the OS era.

Too much average, no quality. Then we tried to move players on to fix it and didn't replace.
Agree with this... Whoever is responsible for our signings is the main culprit
Glaringly obvious our centre midfield is cack yet nothing has been done about it
We've been signing overpriced over the hill rubbish.
Is anyone really surprised Hart is turning out to be cack?
floydie_hammer
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by floydie_hammer »

It used to be that obiang was the player brought into the team to try to shore things up. He wasn't enough against everton, so who would we need to play alongside or instead of him to have stopped any of tonight's goals?

Noble's our only option to change it before the transfer window. Kouyate doesnt defend enough and rice is needed at the back if reid, collins and fonte are all injured.

I'm also worried how easily everton got down our left side, considering we were playing two left backs. If we can't keep everton at bay then i can't see us turning it around enough to stop man city with only a few training sessions.
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

rsnwhu wrote:Gold, Sullivan and Brady need to sell up and leave and leave. Not today, not tomorrow, not next week, but yesterday. I don't quite think they realise the storm that is coming their way. :thdn:
I wish. Like many rich business people, they think they are so benevolent and are never the cause of the problems they create. What qualifications do the Dave’s have to manage a football club? What qualifications does Brady have to manage a massive building project? But they won’t accept the responsibility for the shambles they have created. Well it looks like they are about to reap the reward of their meddling by de-valuing the club by 50%+ if we go down. I don’t want to go down but if it will burn £100m off them then it might be worth it.
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

thewhirlwind wrote:Glaringly obvious our centre midfield is cack yet nothing has been done about it
I think this is a salient point. What is obvious is that both Kouyate and Obiang are poor in centre mid. They aren't good passers of a ball. Lanzini needs some desperate support.

In Jan, we need to address this if we are to have any chance of surviving.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 316 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Friday we close down better, chase better etc yet especially first half tonight we do none of that.

I get the anger at the board but the first half performance tonight was nothing to do with them and everything to do with the fact that we had 6 or 7 players not fit to wear the shirt. Ayew tried his best but was isolated, Zab gave his all as usual and Reid/Hart seemed to care. The rest were woeful.

Second half we started better and could have got back into the game but for the bar and a poor penalty. However the lack of character, leadership and confidence meant as soon as that penalty was missed the fight seemed to drain out of us again.

The weeks up to Christmas will be either awful or the players show what they have not shown except on very rare occasions in the last 21 months - fighting spirit - and grind out a few results. I just fear that is beyond our shower and they will be more than happy to give up again.
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Knew we'd lose, no-one quite gives like we do do they? Everton have been destroyed by everyone this season pretty much and we lose 4-0 to them? I've only ever felt numb watching West Ham once before, in the season under Avram Grant. I have the same feeling this season, like I dont care and when a goal goes in im just a bit meh because I expect it. None of the players give a f*** in todays game, we never have a fit team to call upon, Reid injured again today so what's that Kouyate and Ogbonna CB's? We're going down barring a miracle imo. The thing is I don't want us to because I fear it will be a long way back.

P.S. GOLD, SULLIVAN, BRADY, DO f*** OFF WILL YOU. You've systematically destroyed our club for your own personal gain. Fans my arse!
Patito

Post by Patito »

That was ****

I can’t even defend Moyes

I don’t even know what my emotions are

ginghamdress
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by ginghamdress »

rsnwhu wrote:Gold, Sullivan and Brady need to sell up and leave and leave. Not today, not tomorrow, not next week, but yesterday. I don't quite think they realise the storm that is coming their way. :thdn:
And they can take the whole of the 1st team squad with 'em.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

What is the obsession with the back four of passing sideways and being scared to thread a pass through midfield or even take a player on? It seems they're scared to make a decision and are content to pass the ball and leave it to someone else. Utter stupidity if you ask me.
I'd also get Adrian back in the team. If Hart ****'s off at the end of the season and Adrian has either gone or wants a move, we're stuffed for a decent keeper too. His absolute moment of madness for the third will be one that I'll probably never work out what went through his mind.
The players really need to look at themselves and all need a royal kick up the arse or a bollocking of John Sitton proportions although I think the game is now up for us anyway. The rot has set in and no amount of money (let alone the positively princely sum of 20,000,000 or Moyes' tactical genius will save us). I think Man City will set a new Premiership scoring record for the heaviest victory at the weekend and we'll be lucky to get a point this side of Christmas. Hurrah ...
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I have never seen the hype with Kouyate personally but always accepted he adds a bit of physicality and bite to the midfield at times. However he is a brainless player, lacks discipline and has no technical ability. At this moment in time he has gone hiding and epitomises the attitude and work rate of this team..
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

f*** knows what the managers have been thinking sticking with Joe Hart. I like him, I think he's an improvement on Randolph but f*** me I would have dropped him a while ago and reinstated Adrian whos looked good in the Cups. All this 'reputation' b*llocks sticking with perceived trusty best players is not the way to go about it. You should be selecting players mainly on form and not out of blind faith. The irony now is Adrian will likely keep his place come Sunday as Hart will be prevented from playing for his parent Club but it shouldn't have to be spelt out to the idiot manager to drop Hart, they should have already come to that conclusion with just a bit of homework.

Then it's the back 4 fiasco that has dogged us for so long and in any game you could care to look back on (you did do this didn't you Dave, you did promise?), to me is glaringly obvious we suit playing 3 at the back best with as many bodies innthe middle as possible so we are more difficult to penetrate.

Kouyate should be in defence where hes needed most, not as a 2nd rate poor man's Striker running aimlessly in the final 3rd. Sure, for every set piece chuck him up there to cause havoc but not this haring around like a turbo nutter without much thought or playing responsibly.

Then there's constantly subbing or not playing our Captain at all all season long. He's nowhere near the main issue and woes of our play and is the one player you can bet your bottom dollar on giving his absolute all and playing responsibly. He's not some mug past footballer whos holding us back, he's 1 of us who makes a difference to this Club both off and on it. He's the last person I want to see not in the Team and I find it ridiculous to think he cannot get in to this side playing pathetically. He's not the one letting us down, it's most of those around him that are and I will carry on defending his inclusion till the cows come home.

Sakhos burnt bridges for staying long term, but again f*** me how he gets overlooked is beyond me because when he plays, he usually makes things happen and that's only in bit part cameo appearances. Fine, off him when the windows open but don't bite off your own nose to spite your face and we should have been using his availability whilst we still could to fire in the goals we so desperately needed.

Still, what do I or others know. They're the professionals who should be picking up on these clear issues yet here we are still scratching around persevering with the same old useless b*llocks.
bobo

Post by bobo »

I keep seeing on here and else where “I’d do this and I’d do that” or “ I’ll change this or I’ll change that”

The problem is you can’t change this or that because the players ain’t good enough simple as, we have built and over hyped them players to a point they believe their own hype. We have no natural centre midfields no centre backs in their prime, none of which who can run that’s for sure. We have no squad depth or footballing ability throughout the squad.

It’s all cheap and has been for a long time; cheap signings, cheap stadium, cheap manager
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Another disappointment for me has been Zabaleta personally. He looks like another on a long list of past it players to fill a spot at right back for West Ham. I admire his passion and his work rate but he can't keep up with play and is caught out any time he crosses the halfway line. Every time he is caught out he has to commit a foul and add yet more yellow cards to his tally, and then ease off tackles for the rest of the game therefore becoming ineffective in his position.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

The Gibbins wrote:Another disappointment for me has been Zabaleta personally. He looks like another on a long list of past it players to fill a spot at right back for West Ham. I admire his passion and his work rate but he can't keep up with play and is caught out any time he crosses the halfway line. Every time he is caught out he has to commit a foul and add yet more yellow cards to his tally, and then ease off tackles for the rest of the game therefore becoming ineffective in his position.

I'm another one. Another really likeable character but I'm fed up with his poor positional play and piss poor defending a lot of the time. I've only liked him when going forward and it's not been all bad and shown some flashes of quakity but it's been nowhere near enough and his legs cannot carry him him and down the flank effectively anymore or certainly not since he arrived. Choices are limited what with my preferred right sided defender/winger still injured but I'd have done 2 things; either make sure we have a back 3 always behind him or he sits in a back 3 himself so conserves more of his energy and concentrates on 1 job instead of 2 up and down the pitch.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

I dislike the owners, I accept that Slav had to go, and in my opinion Moyes was the wrong man to replace him, but even taking all that into account....... These players are gutless two bob c****.
HammerInMaryland

Post by HammerInMaryland »

For me the 2nd Everton goal sums up our season. Caught out on a quick counter, no one stopped the attack (Cresswell is particularly bad at this). The ball is crossed and Rooney slots it home. But I rewound the score. Rooney and Kouyate are even at midfield when the counter begins. Rooney runs the field and Kouyate loafs a step and half behind Rooney in the box.

I fear we are going down. I hope Moyes is given enough support to ship out these sorry losers. They have the talent to be a solid mid-table team and they are cowardly in their play. Sorry for the tough assessment, but it is time to blow the team up and see who wants to fight in the second half of the season.
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

Obiang , Kouyate, Cresswell and Ogbonna have stood out starkingly as underperformers and should be dropped from the 1st team and into the reserves. If we want to get out of this mess we can't afford to have passengers in the 1st team anymore. There doesn't seem to be an ounce of skill and guts between them and they are all liabilities to us getting anything from a game.

In 2010 , I used to castigate a certain Pablo Barrera who was the biggest coward of a footballer I'd ever seen wear the Claret and Blue . He used to jump 3 foot in the air whenever there was a hint of a tackle coming his way. I hoped never to see the likes of him ever play for us again but now we have at least 4 Pablos in our current 1st team. We have zero chance unless Moyes wields the sword and removes these gutless footballers (if you can call them that) from the 1st team.
Colours never run

Special mention to the travelling faithful who had to endure that after traipsing all the way there and back again midweek in the freezing cold with it live on the box. Hard enough being put through it watching back home but witnessing that gutless display and clueless tactics, they deserve their money back. Every single one of them. :thup:

I'm just undecided as to who should fit the bill between the Board management or squad..
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

What you see out on the pitch is in the image of the shambles at the top of the club. That is where the blame squarely lies. Don't take your eyes off the people responsible. We all knew Moyes would be disastrous. The voice of the fans was overwhelming. 98% of professionals in the game said he was not a good appointment.. Point the finger at Cardiff City fan David Sullivan. Director of knowing f*** all about football. :thdn: