Man City 2-1 West Ham United (03/12/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

rtwhufc83

Re: Man City v West Ham United - Match Thread

Post by rtwhufc83 »

When I left Goodison I didnt care. It was laughable almost shocking how bad we were. Tonight I'm annoyed that we lost, gutted really. Why? Because the players looked like they gave a ****.

More of the same please West Ham
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Vic_Watson wrote:Delph's comments about us parking the bus were bang out of order. Did he forget we were leading at HT?
tomhomes44 wrote: He is right..MC posession over 80% in the first half of course WHU parked the bus..but rightfully so..that was the best possible tactic which resulted in few counters and the goal
Second half it was the 45min bus:)
He's not right because he said we were "not interested in anything but parking the bus". How can that be so when we had good chances and scored?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:
Blokes a ****.

I'm not surprised he had that feeling. Billion pound teams often do manage to beat a young centre back at least once.

Don't get the gushing over Man City from anyone. The fact he threw on Fernandinho at 2-1 says it all, and Delph accuses us of parking the bus and being worried.
Totally Agree . They were actually time-wasting towards the end , what a bunch of classless bastards .
MrHammer73
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

Good organised performance, I am sure if we didn't concede that equaliser early in the second half we would have got something out of the game.

I do like Sakho in the team even though he did miss that chance at the end. He has pace and strength, something we really need up front. The likes of Sakho, Antonio and Arthur have to be in the startling line up somehow as we do look a different team with their speed.

Finally well done to Rice and Adrian.

Hart you are well over rated, the Spanish King to remain our number 1 keeper for the rest of the season.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

brothernero wrote: Not even when we finished 7th?
Depends on the day of the week. Even you must have seen in the anti-Bilic threads we had no clue tactically
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Rio wrote:
Depends on the day of the week. Even you must have seen in the anti-Bilic threads we had no clue tactically
But he said in the past 2 years. That would the surely include the season we finished 7th.

Think I may have missed some thing here. LOL
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

brothernero wrote: But he said in the past 2 years. That would the surely include the season we finished 7th.

Think I may have missed some thing here. LOL
Yeah. There’s many a poster who thinks we’ve been tactically inept since Reece Oxfords debut.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

If only Arnies ball in to Sakho had not been fractionally behind him and played for him to run onto that would have been 2-2. He was also a right handful for City's normally solid back line
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I was a bit annoyed by Delph's comments personally, none of these players get it do they? There is such a gulf in this league, we executed a plan about as well as we possibly could. You can say we parked the bus but we actually defended really well and exploited the space really well on the counter attack. We actually had the best chances in the first half and were excellent tactically. For all their talent they were limited to long range efforts purely out of frustration as they couldn't play through us.

The second half was always going to be an onslaught, this team have so much talent available, their bench is better than ours and probably costs more than our team. This is why i find it ridiculous when they criticise how teams line up against them. None of us want to see our own teams defending on their 18 yard line but when things aren't working for City they can chuck an extra world class centre forward on and a £50million midfielder to waste some time and break up the game....

You need to not only play well but also get some luck to beat a team like this, and it almost felt like we would get that luck. I was looking for someone to go down with cramp when City were coming at us to break their momentum :lol:

However, you have to ask where this determination and work rate has been all season? It was great to see it today but you would rather see it at Goodison, at home Brighton etc where it can be turned into vital points... They have set a standard now, it has be this way for every game this season.

Finally felt a bit positive after a West Ham game, thought Declan Rice was excellent considering what he was up against. Great experience for him, he really stepped up today!
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

The Gibbins wrote:
Finally felt a bit positive after a West Ham game, thought Declan Rice was excellent considering what he was up against. Great experience for him, he really stepped up today!
Yeah, a bit harsh of Moyes to dig him out over Bruyne's wonder ball. Why not dig out whoever let the fella cross?
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Agreed, that De Bruyne pass was something special. The accuracy and the weight on that pass was exceptional, sometimes you can't point fingers at the defending, it was just a great piece of play.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Puff Daddy wrote:If only Arnies ball in to Sakho had not been fractionally behind him and played for him to run onto that would have been 2-2. He was also a right handful for City's normally solid back line
It was a great ball in, too much father forward and it never makes it to Sakho. Sakho has to get that on target, he just opened up too much. Still best game Sakho has played in a long while and he actually ran for once. Encouraging signs all around.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 772 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

We defended as well as we could, but I think some people are getting carried away. We were completely outplayed, as expected, and have 1 point from 12 under the new manager. I expect that to be 1 from 18 shortly.
Bonus

Post by Bonus »

Good defensive performance.
Sakho was useless. He couldn't hold the ball up. When Kouyate went off Ayew or Arnautovic should have came on, or Martinez. If Sakho would have done his job we could have got out more and come away with something.
Thought the attitude of the team was better though. :crest:
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Korea Hammer wrote:We defended as well as we could, but I think some people are getting carried away. We were completely outplayed, as expected, and have 1 point from 12 under the new manager. I expect that to be 1 from 18 shortly.
It is actually 1 in 12, isn’t it? Had convinced myself it was in 9 for some reason.

Grim statistics.
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

By Bonus "Sakho was useless"

I thought Sakho actually did quite well when he come on. Am I the only one?
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

Typical west ham.players,they raised their game today against possibly the best team in the prem,but dont give a shat when they play lower profile teams,,when they do that more consistantly they will get my respect again til then the jury is out as far as I am concerned.Well. done our away support the best in the land as always you did us proud lads and that performance is the one you deserve. :scarfer:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

brothernero wrote:I thought Sakho actually did quite well when he come on. Am I the only one?
Yeah i thought he made decent runs, i was more disappointed we wasn't hitting balls wide as he was making the space. We kept passing to him in the middle making it harder for him but he was having luck when he could utilise his pace. However he should have hit the target at least with that chance at the end.
hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

Vic_Watson wrote:
Yeah, a bit harsh of Moyes to dig him out over Bruyne's wonder ball. Why not dig out whoever let the fella cross?
Agreed, I thought that wasn't necessary either. Could have just as easy said that KDB was given too much time and space to play that ball in, he wasn't being pressured.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Didn't hear the post match interview, what did he say about Rice?

Thought he had a decent game considering the opposition away.