West Ham United 1-0 Chelsea (09/12/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

DasNutNock

Re: West Ham -United -v- Chelsea Match Thread

Post by DasNutNock »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I agree with u 100%...this is what we predicted..lack of quality squad depth will cost us dearly..look at man city's front line...aguero..sane..sterling..kdp...silva...bernando Silva...jesus.......compare that to our front line....hazard..morata...pedro..willian......
Good to hear that they haven't lost their sense of perspective.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

For the 20 or so Chelsea fans singing anti West Ham songs and looking for fights with our fans queueing up...that was for you. Plastic rent boy c****.

Absolutely fully deserved. Nullified them to 2 shots on target and we looked bang up for it. All the basics did right, played as a team who looked determined and organised. Arnautovic and Antonio caused them a ton of problems with their pace and power. Masuaku has some skill, he really is a likeable player, a cult hero in the making.

Very pleased with performances of everyone for 2 games now, and we can go into the Arsenal game full of confidence. Special mention to a hyped up Adrian aswell.
Codu
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Codu »

Loved it. Even though I'm working today at least I have something to be happy about.

When did Masuaku suddenly turn into Payet? Some of his dribbling today was insane. MOTM for me.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Should've added that the worst part of the day was the Mickey Mouse security in that poxy queue. They were going through old girls handbags, making people take their hats off and doing full front to back metal detector checks. All whilst the clueless old bill watch on picking their noses.
MrHammer73
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

Anybody know where Alan Irvine is? Can't seem to see him on our benches the last few games.
Ingwe
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

How Anthony Taylor didn't book a Chelsea player for diving is amazing. Even some of the Cheslsea fans were posting, on their shyte, how embarrassed they were with their team's diving. Even called it cheating, which it is.
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

MrHammer73 wrote:Anybody know where Alan Irvine is? Can't seem to see him on our benches the last few games.
Doesn't he normally watch the game from the stands?
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1318 likes
Total likes: 776 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Ingwe wrote:How Anthony Taylor didn't book a Chelsea player for diving is amazing.
Morata especially, who went down twice in about a minute in the first half.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Have never been Cresswell’s biggest fan but thought he looked excellent in a back there. If we can add a bit of quality in the middle (too many easy passes going stray) then we may just stay up this season. Didn’t think we had a performance like that left in us.
Derby Hammer
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Derby Hammer »

MrHammer73 wrote:Anybody know where Alan Irvine is? Can't seem to see him on our benches the last few games.
It might have been last week’s game at Citeh they showed him in the stands with a headset on and screen/laptop in front of him. Makes our coaching team almost look professional. Not having that GSB out!
MrHammer73
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by MrHammer73 »

Ok thanks, that makes sense with Irvine now.
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

Anyone know where the benches are? Can't quite see them from the east side :) .

Good point though, Irvine supposed to be no.2 but Pearcey at Moyes' side.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Shot of the day.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Add me in to those who enjoy beating this lot as much as Spurs and more than anyone other than Liverpool or Arsenal.

I think it’s partly about the class and type of supporters they attract and living in West London it’s amazing how many borderline enemy/friends I have who have become “big” Chelsea fans in the last 15 years. The Tim Lovejoy types.. blokes I know who dabbled between Brentford, Fulham and Chelsea until Roman and co came in to buy them their odious little trophy haul.

A couple of them go on about “the shed in the seventies” because they’re so desperate to prove their credence as proper Chelsea supporters, when it’s clear as Crystal that they bought into it all when they started buying success. These supporters are DESPERATE to be authentic.. its cringe inducing.

Makes me respect my mates here who stuck with the Bees over at Griffin Park even more.

They are almost as bad as arsenal with their fantv lot and hipster following, or the scousers.

Almost.
OFT
Has liked: 2998 likes
Total likes: 1759 likes

Post by OFT »

As usual, at work today. The plan was as normal, 6 music on and graft til kick off, then listen to 5 live .
So, at 2.45 got the kettle on and settled down for the afternoon............ :oops:

Cracking result,
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

They need to change the rule about bookings and celebrations... moments like that are what football is all about!

As for not punishing diving :thdn:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Hard work rewarded today. Everyone put in a shift. At last a fully deserved win. :crest:
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

I did say on page 7 I thought we would win. I’ve been travelling over today, but thankfully I got a decent stream.
I was very much against Moyes being appointed manager but I have to give him and his staff credit. The fitness and intensity levels have improved dramatically. Literally night and day. The last two matches Arnautovic, Ogbonna, Cresswell and Masuaku have looked like completely different players. Arnie and Arthur literally look like world beaters, and they looked far superior than Pedro and Alonso.
If we continue to improve at this rate, the owners should extend Moyes and co.’s contracts and back him in the transfer window.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Great result, fully deserved. We actually look like a team with a plan and players putting 100% into that plan (except Sakho of course). I would also add how blatantly cynical Chelsea are. Diving, coniving, cheating overpaid pretentious twats. If West Ham ever became like that I would be ashamed.

Hats off to Masuaku, his tricksy bits were special. Pleased for Arnuatavic and for a left back Creswell is an excellent centre left back three (or whatever it is).
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Shrewd from the gaffer to go with Antonio up top with Arnie in support. If we're going to dig in and be compact, we need to have a fighting chance of getting further up the pitch - and whilst Antonio is blowing out of his arse after an hour at the moment, it made a massive difference.

It nearly worked against Man City, worked today, I just feel like it'll be tricky to repeat it as well for a third consecutive time against the Arse. We'll see if anything changes for that one.

But for now, what a massive three points and well-deserved too. In games like this we've barely been competing, let alone being in the game or having a chance to win; so this really is a massive turnaround.