EFLCQF: Arsenal 1-0 West Ham Utd (19/12/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

DasNutNock

Re: Arsenal v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by DasNutNock »

It was the chocolate digestive, as I predicted.
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

But was it dark chocolate or milk, dark are much nicer
westhamshares
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by westhamshares »

This may be the "sauce" talking but Im still as p*ssed about last night as I'm actually p"ssed tonight

the lack of application and the sheer number of mistakes still disturbs me - these are highly paid knobheads

ive seen better over the marshes - they seem unable to do simple passes let alone cross field passes or look up and see what they could do

I don't want us to be relegated but I do want GSB out - prioritising staying in the premier league at all costs is of no interest to me, 'cos under GSB we can never unless the other temas xxxx up finish higher than 7th so the only chance of silverware and chance of europe are the cups.

these should actually be prioritised not downgraded and the current incumbent as manger should grow some gonads and tell the owners to xxxx off if they tell him differently. we used to accuse allardyce of no bottle but moyes has just gone down in my estimation big time.

#gsbout
SXreject

Post by SXreject »

Doc H Ball wrote:How stoopid of Bristol City! They were going for promotion and will now be relegated. Mugs.
:lol: And I bet they are regretting winning that they will have to play another match...i bet they won't be ****ing moaning saying they are tired even though they play 8 games more.

I hope they have a good night out and you never know get a day out at Wembley.

I know we ain't. Joke.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

What could have been a draw in the Semi Finals of the League Cup v Bristol City as we'd not try against the big boys.

Still we must have got in the record books by not having a shot on target in a 1/4,Final
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

I think Moyes got it wrong by thinking we could be an attacking threat without Arnie, Lanzini and Antonio. Tuesday night proved how wrong he was. He wont make that mistake again.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Doc H Ball wrote:How stoopid of Bristol City! They were going for promotion and will now be relegated. Mugs.
Was at the game Doc and let me be straight they beat a strong Man Utd team and did so deservedly. The joy on the fans faces at the end of the game and the celebrating made it feel like a cup final.

No one was talking about promotion. No one was saying should have kept him on the bench. It was what football used to be about.

Our board are self serving cowards.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

If we're still relegation threatened by the end of February, you do realise, do you not, that we'll dip out of the FA Cup too. Don't you ?
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Puff Daddy wrote:If we're still relegation threatened by the end of February, you do realise, do you not, that we'll dip out of the FA Cup too. Don't you ?
We do that virtually every year anyway.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Puff Daddy wrote:If we're still relegation threatened by the end of February, you do realise, do you not, that we'll dip out of the FA Cup too. Don't you ?
The end of Feb?

Start of Jan more like
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

I fell in love with football as a kid. Watching cup finals. The drama, pride and emotion of it all and the absolute joy that win in1980 bought to everyone in our road is surely the whole point of football. The aim of it is to lift silverware, well it always was until the whole Sky / Prem thing came along and absolutely ruined it all.

Nowadays apparantly it's ok to turn up to a quarter final ( a ****ing London derby) and not bother. In fact don't even bother to hit the target in an entire game but instead view it as a hindrance to the main aim of clinging onto TV money in the most sterile boring league in the country. What a load of ****. My ticket was only a tenner but I want nine of it back please.

I see the spirit of the cup is alive in Brizzle though, a small bit of desire and it would have been us. Gutted, again.
B'WoodBob

Post by B'WoodBob »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:I think Moyes got it wrong by thinking we could be an attacking threat without Arnie, Lanzini and Antonio. Tuesday night proved how wrong he was. He wont make that mistake again.
And yet it still took him 65 minutes to recognise the mistake and do something about it?
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Treating minor cup competitions as an inconveniance is what we will have to accept, what with our move to a world class stadium and step up to the next level.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Now we all know why Sully looked so utterly ****ed off after we beat Spuds in the previous round. Clearly, he had issued Slav a directive to throw that one as well, but he didn't listen
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

How does the morale boost of a cup run impede on the league performance of a team ? Anyone who is a supporter, chairman or owner who thinks the training ground and stands around the pitch will be lifted for the next league game after that dross will be very dissapointed.
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

Puff Daddy wrote:Now we all know why Sully looked so utterly ****ed off after we beat Spuds in the previous round. Clearly, he had issued Slav a directive to throw that one as well, but he didn't listen
The amount of conjecture on this site is laughable, stay off the eggnog lol
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Puff Daddy wrote:Now we all know why Sully looked so utterly ****ed off after we beat Spuds in the previous round. Clearly, he had issued Slav a directive to throw that one as well, but he didn't listen
I think it was more to do with Sully wanting an excuse to sack ol’ Slaven
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Do you genuinely think our board asks our manager to "throw" games? :shock:

Can't see it myself. Seems a bit far fetched Puff.
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Do you genuinely think our board asks our manager to "throw" games? :shock:
I do, how else do you explain Tuesday night, it was obvious after 10 mins we wernt bothered.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Astra Goo Goo at the Olympic bowl

Threw that one