AFC Bournemouth 3-3 West Ham Utd (26/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Re: AFC Bournemouth vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Jumby »

We got everything we deserved, if anything we should have lost 3-1, two of our goals were rubbish and we played rubbish. Actually, because we played rubbish we should lose another goal, it should have been 3-0 to Bournemouth. And their kit was better than ours, more coordinated, is it possible to score minus, or do we just give them another goal and attribute it to Callum Wilson, that cheeky little chancer?
Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by Humbug »

bowltorious wrote:
Our defending was summed up by Cresswell for their second.

He assumed the ball would go out of play so gave up on it, their attacker thought he'd give chase anyway (just in case). He kept it in and then Cresswell let him run 25 yards before puling him back right on the edge of our box conceding a FK in a dangerous area when he could (and should) have pulled the fella over much further up the pitch.

FK led to the corner that led to the goal, utterly woeful from Aaron.
--------------------------

The funniest part of that, or disgraceful depending on how you look at it, was when it didn't go out and then he did this weird pirouet thing when the ball didn't even move. I was watching thinking has he just had a seizure or something? It was very strange. Can someone post a GIF of it, it was ridiculous.
The reason he did the ballet dancer routine was because he thought their player was going to lump it . So because he's afraid of getting hurt, he tried to jump out of the way, I've said it a few times , but he's not been right in his head since that injury. I think a flash of his future life outside of being a footballer has made him think twice. Can you imagine Ginge doing a pirouette like that?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Humbug wrote: Can you imagine Ginge doing a pirouette like that?
You must have missed Cheltenham away earlier this season, Ginge did the best Cruyff turn ever in their box .

The blokes a dancer .
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

There's too much objectivity in a current football result, the sooner the better a subjective scoring system is introduced. At the end of each half a panel of experts and Gary Lineker should hold up a card with numbers on for each team. an aggregate score can then be calculated at full time. This way the correct team will always get the result no matter how many goals are scored by whom. and MOTD panelists can argue about whether Harry Kane is lovely or not.and when they've decided can e mail Sky to see if they're correct.

:P
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

OFT wrote:There's too much objectivity in a current football result, the sooner the better a subjective scoring system is introduced. At the end of each half a panel of experts and Gary Lineker should hold up a card with numbers on for each team. an aggregate score can then be calculated at full time. This way the correct team will always get the result no matter how many goals are scored by whom. and MOTD panelists can argue about whether Harry Kane is lovely or not.and when they've decided can e mail Sky to see if they're correct.

:P

That's the only way the game can move forward, it has to happen, life would be so much easier.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

So hand on heart none of you have ever seen a ref overrule a linesman? Really?

The ref was wrong but it isn't a new situation.

As with others I'm more annoyed with his failure to dish out 2 red cards and how badly we defended.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Looking at how poor our defence was, is only compounded by absolutely dire our midfield were. Bournemouth with a half decent striker could easily have had 6 goals, What is even more frightening is our DOF and Manager think ****ing Arry ArterIs the the answer. The same Arter who didn't make the squad, It's going to be a long cold winter.

It's going to take a herculean effort to pull ourselves out of the hole we have dug, Sullys shovel better hit paydirt straight away as the window opens.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:So hand on heart none of you have ever seen a ref overrule a linesman? Really?
Never, in those circumstances, in either professional or amateur football. If you have an example, feel free to share it.
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

I still don't know why he over ruled it. I can only assume he thought that Wilson never touched the ball and it went straight in from Ake.

He only seem to get interested when Bournemouth started whinging to him.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Wasn't Sammy Lee flagged offside in our LC Final in '81 and Thomas overruled it saying he wasn't interfering with play?
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Doc H Ball wrote:Wasn't Sammy Lee flagged offside in our LC Final in '81 and Thomas overruled it saying he wasn't interfering with play?
That's how I recall it Doc.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Ironic really when you consider that it was a previous Liverpool manager that made that famous observation. 'If he's not interfering with play then what's he doing on the pitch ?' :P
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

BondsoBob wrote:Ironic really when you consider that it was a previous Liverpool manager that made that famous observation. 'If he's not interfering with play then what's he doing on the pitch ?' :P
He had to duck to avoid the bloody ball!

STB's only yellow card I think.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

http://www.claretandhugh.info/linesman- ... ms-madley/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Linesman was not flagging for Offside claims Referee Bob Madley but drawing attention ' to the incident ' - he doesn't say which incident however . :)

Keep digging , Bob , you'll find it eventually .
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

What incident Bob? We're all ears.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Up the Junction wrote: Never, in those circumstances, in either professional or amateur football. If you have an example, feel free to share it.
I have definitely seen a ref overrule a linesman whom flagged for a penalty when the ref had a better view.

Also seen a ref deem that a player wasn't interfering whom the linesman flagged as offside.

As I've said repeatedly madely was wrong but what he seemed to do was, under pressure from players, consult then change his mind. When I did my ref training I was told to consult then make a decision.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

smuts wrote:What incident Bob? We're all ears.

I reckon he was flagging just to alert Bobby that he’d remembered who won the 1999 grand national, they were doing an online quiz in the officials room before tge game. There’s never an inoppotune moment to pass on a bit of trivia that’s been bugging you
Humbug
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by Humbug »

A very poor incapable referee not fit to lick the shoes of crappy old Michael Oliver and Martin Atkinson. A very rotten apple in a barrel of bad ones.
Rasp
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Rasp »

If it were to happen to one of the top clubs there would be a ****ing riot but we all know that it wouldn't happen don't we...
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:I have definitely seen a ref overrule a linesman whom flagged for a penalty when the ref had a better view.
So not quite the same circumstances at all.