West Ham Utd 2-1 West Bromwich Albion (02/01/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

PrincipleHammer

Re: West Ham Utd v West Bromwich Albion: match thread

Post by PrincipleHammer »

Edited by a moderator

You and others are now being stopped from carrying this ***** on

If you don’t like it fine, but it’s not up for debate
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

If that's the way it's got to be regarding using said term, then there needs to be a real concerted effort for Spurs and those in the game to stop them continuing to refer themselves as it. It's a massive contradiction otherwise. Either we all have a problem with it used or there's no real problem and we continue to refer to it. As the game wishes to stop everyone else saying it then it also needs their fans from doing likewise. Any argument for them to justify using it only flies right out the window with any logical explanation.

I think that's being reasonable and fair.
Patito

Post by Patito »

RichieRiv wrote:
Twitter and FB do not constitute the truth. In my experience the opposite.

Too right, there are a couple tweets I’ve seen saying that abuse was about Livermore’s cocaine use. Someone is lying somewhere.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1202 likes

Post by ironilunga »

I’d have thought Livermore would have experienced countless incidents of goading over his past drug use, which leads me to suspect that the remarks at the game were more sinister. That said I find it staggering that a human being would use the loss of a child to have a dig at a footballer.
hammer_sandwich

Post by hammer_sandwich »

Well this has been colorful. Here’s my one take on it fwiw. I don’t know what was said. Most of us don’t. Regardless of that there is no way Livermore would’ve reacted how he did unless he genuinely believed it was a reference to his child. No spurs or ex-spurs player climbs into the crowd over the y word. If what some have said they heard is true then it is despicable and indefensible. It is no Cantona or Evra incident. It is far far more sinister IF true.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 100 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

All you have to do is take a glance at the fighting cock forum to see countless posts with ‘those little b*stards who do they think they are thinking there’s a f*king rivalry’ followed by ‘I hate them c*nts so much I can’t wait for us to turn them over again.’ Absolute state of the geezers.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

ironilunga wrote:I’d have thought Livermore would have experienced countless incidents of goading over his past drug use, which leads me to suspect that the remarks at the game were more sinister. That said I find it staggering that a human being would use the loss of a child to have a dig at a footballer.

Back in the day. Little weedy bloke with glasses in the chicken run screamed at Beckham that he hoped his kids would die of cancer. He was a fully grown man. We have a a few amongst us unfortunately.

I suspect the pros in the game may speak out in the coming weeks. Mostly to protect Livermore now it's more likely than not this abuse has crossed a line. I suspect every club could be encompassed within in this. Not good for football. If proven I hope the bloke who said it gets his medicine.
Last edited by Hugh Jargon on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAL76

Post by JAL76 »

A hugely important game for both teams - stakes were very high. Pardew gave an interview last weekend confirming an imminent shake up and clear out. He said he was looking for new leaders within the team and dressing room. Most of their players were playing for their future positions within the club which no doubt heightened and added to the individual tensions. They were all fired up and under those conditions I would imagine it would be trying to keep everything under control.

Crucial, hard fought and well deserved three points which will probably just about keep us safe come end of season !. :crest:
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 703 likes
Total likes: 1634 likes

Post by chalks »

All this did he didn’t he bollox. The simple fact is, a grown man screaming abuse at a footballer is ****ing embarrassing

Don’t get me wrong, heat of the moment stuff is understandable, but to shout, clearly pre meditated abuse, at someone who isn’t even on the pitch? Dear oh dear.
Coops
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 588 likes

Post by Coops »

What I hate about incidents like this is that we all get tarnished by the actions of one idiot. One news report I heard stated "West Ham fans taunted Livermore about the death of his child". So it makes us all scum by association.
Only a few people know what was said, I don't suppose the FA disciplinary committee will be interviewing fans sitting in the area. Livermore should get a ban for going into the crowd, but under the circumstances it should be relatively short The fan, if it can be corroborated that he did shout about Livermore's kid, should receive a ban.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Yes. I think we agree. This bloke is a complete loser and we are better off without him. Nasty piece of ****.
continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

chalks wrote:All this did he didn’t he bollox. The simple fact is, a grown man screaming abuse at a footballer is ****ing embarrassing

Don’t get me wrong, heat of the moment stuff is understandable, but to shout, clearly pre meditated abuse, at someone who isn’t even on the pitch? Dear oh dear.
Well said, Chalks!
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

monkeyhanger wrote:I think it was with regard to the amount of time wasting that West Brom were doing. Loved the fact that we scored in the last minute and thwarted them. Karma.
I was in disbelief when they won a corner, made a slow substitution, and still didn't have the ball in place to take the corner. And the ref didn't book them.

Although the ref seemed to do a pretty good job of breaking up the pace of the game himself in the second half.
E7Iron

Post by E7Iron »

chalks wrote:All this did he didn’t he bollox. The simple fact is, a grown man screaming abuse at a footballer is ****ing embarrassing

:thup:
PrincipleHammer

Post by PrincipleHammer »

hammer_sandwich wrote:Well this has been colorful. Here’s my one take on it fwiw. I don’t know what was said. Most of us don’t. Regardless of that there is no way Livermore would’ve reacted how he did unless he genuinely believed it was a reference to his child. No spurs or ex-spurs player climbs into the crowd over the y word. If what some have said they heard is true then it is despicable and indefensible. It is no Cantona or Evra incident. It is far far more sinister IF true.
:thup:
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

i'm amazed at so many people saying it's ok to jump into a crowd throwing punches. maybe my parents are ****ing hippies, but i've been taught that physical violence is never an adequate response to verbal violence. but i don't have any kids so i'm probably not entitled to an opinion on the matter.

on the cocaine thing: not banning him was disrespectful to all the other footballers who in similar situations stuck to the rules. mitigating circumstances ok, but scot free?

similarly, in this incident, what was said shouldn't influence any form of disciplinary action that much.

also, big difference between saying something about a dead kid and telling a certified cocaine user (for whatever reason) that he's a coke head.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Changing course on the Livermore thing, great read on the "opposition view" this week, they seem to be a level headed bunch :thup:
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

To tar a club with the same brush as one individual is a little much, to say the least, but when it comes to West Ham the media and everyone else love a free for all.

Livermore is English footballs miracle man, somehow has caps and somehow avoided a ban for hoovering up Pablos Powder because a year earlier his son died. Whilst it must have been an absolutely horrible experience for all concerned, smashing a load of gear up your bracket for months on end, when your ridiculously well paid job doesn't allow you to, and when you have access to all the help and support you can ever wish for, isn't too clever. He should have been banned, as should the solitary 'fan' that abused him.

None of what happened was particularly great but the one thing that seems to have been forgotten about, Livermore entered the stand and tried to attack someone for shouting "another excuse to do a line". Now no matter how hard Danny Mills may try and say it's perfectly acceptable, it isn't, you can't just go walking into a stand and throw your weight around.
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

Whether the truth comes out or not, as with the incident with Becks years ago, it once AGAIN puts the supporters, each and everyone of us, in a very....VERY bad light.

And at a time when the club has had wave after wave of criticism.
e17
Has liked: 284 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

Jumby wrote:Now no matter how hard Danny Mills may try and say it's perfectly acceptable, it isn't, you can't just go walking into a stand and throw your weight around.
Danny Mills...
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;