West Ham Utd 1-1 AFC Bournemouth (20/01/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Lord Zoltan
Total likes: 50 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v AFC Bournemouth: match thread

Post by Lord Zoltan »

The players who played long minutes Tuesday and the last game at Huddersfield looked tired/became injured.

Lanzini and Ayew being the two main ones.

10 days till the palace game where we could have Fonte, Reid and Antonio back and potentially a signing or two?

I wouldn't risk Lanzini at Wigan but play Arnautovic.

V Wigan

Hart
Burke Ogbonna Rice
Byram Noble Obiang Masuku
Cullen Arnautovic Hernandez
Bobby Moore Out
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by Bobby Moore Out »

MrHammer73 wrote:When is the last time we won back to back premiership games?
One year ago tomorrow - Palace and Middlesborough.
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Major »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Last edited by bristolhammerfc on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: see user notes
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Just don’t think we need to play 5 at back at home to Bournemouth. Should be playing Hernandez or Masuaku as a real forward player.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

Peaches wrote:By the end of the match, we only had 8 Senior outfield players available. If that doesn’t make the owners finally spend some money. We are truly up the junction.
Trouble is they might buy but who another couple of mercaneries we should have had full cover at the start of the season not the ageing sqaud we have now cheap skates thats what they are :crest:
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3054 likes

Post by MB »

The usual broken records of Moyes being dull, needing more attackers on the pitch and other predetermined opinions which are only wheeled out when we fail to win.

We have no number eight and no pairing out of Kouyate, Obiang and Noble has worked for 18 months. If they don’t play as a three then we get overrun. That massively limits the options.

Today wasn’t great, but it wasn’t dreadful. Two average teams producing an average result.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

We have to start beating times like this at home. No one can tell me today is a decent point against Bournemouth.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

bubbles500 wrote:Boring and predictable for me. People will get fed up of Moyes very quickly once we are Hopefully safe. Basically if Arnie doesn’t run riot there’s very little else on offer from us.47% of the ball at home to Bournemouth is uninspiring to say the least.
Crouchend_Hammer wrote: It says a lot about the ability of arnie and lanzini that we were srill vaguely threatening without any other attacking support at all

I doubt hernandez would have come on if Lanzini hadn't got injured

I woukd be surprised if any other player apart from Arnie, Lanzini and Hernandez got in the opposition box more than two or three times

Yes we played some nice stuff in first half and were on top but we really need to play a third atcking player at home and commit men forward. Masuku has got deeper and deeper and Obiang and Noble barely cross the half way line. Even kouyate, who is supposed to be playing in a kind of front three is usually miles behind the ball
Not in the game I watched.
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

Funny old game. No-one played badly but everyone was a bit off the pace after that blistering first 15. Bournemouth passed themselves back into the game which is something we don't seem able to do. A draw keeps things stable but they were there for the taking if we had a bit more quality in midfield alongside Lanzini. Imagine an on-form Antonio instead of Kouyate and we might have stuffed them. You've got to respect what Howe does with such an average bunch of players, but God they irritate the hell out of me somehow.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Thoroughly enjoyed that. We were by far the better side first 30 minutes of each half. Could (should) have been 2-0 up at half time. Injuries and game midweek caught up with us last 15 minutes. Thought the support and atmosphere good despite miserable day. Surprised Noble got MotM as not his best performance of recent weeks. Given we are down to the bare bones player wise, I am dissapointed with result but not unhappy with overall performance.
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 509 likes

Post by Ding »

On another day we could have been two to three goals up in the first 25min, a period where we played the best high press / controlled passing game I have seen us play in many years. Once the early blitzkrieg did not yield breakthrough we were always likely to let them back in given we played to extra time in midweek while most of theirs rested. If even one of those early chances was converted I reckoned we would have won comfortably, picking them off playing counter attacking football thereafter. It didn’t entirely work on the day, but it’s good to have a manager who thinks tactically. The first 25min also shows the type of football Moyes is capable of instilling should the board decide to back him.

Good point in the end. Hope the injuries are not serious.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Just got home, limited them to barely a shot on target first hour but we lacked that final bit of quality that could have seen us score 3 or 4.

Not a bad game all round and spells of proper decent football, let's smash Palace :scarfer:
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Games of two halves.
We might have won it if we’d brought on a forward, but we might have lost it too.
Is the next level being reasonably happy with a point at home to Bournemouth?
No sympathy for tired legs after Shrewsbury as that replay could have been avoided if we’d tried a bit harder to win the first match.
Palace game still vital so expect reserves at Wigan.
The table might look OK now but with the fixtures we have we need to keep at least this buffer going into the last six games.
woodywoody
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by woodywoody »

[quote="Bernie_Lama"]decent game today. Bournemouth finished the stronger but we had the dominant first 25 minutes and didn't score. Nice football played but we can't just rely on the front two to break down the opposition. However the improvement in the side from earlier this season is massive and with a little more time and some players added we could make some real progress. Not sure of moyes will get that though.

This is how I see the game
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

Korea Hammer wrote:I thought it was a really boring game.
Really??!! :eh:
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

[quote] decent game today. Bournemouth finished the stronger but we had the dominant first 25 minutes and didn't score. Nice football played but we can't just rely on the front two to break down the opposition. However the improvement in the side from earlier this season is massive and with a little more time and some players added we could make some real progress. Not sure of moyes will get that though.[quote]

This is how I see the game

Agreed! ^^^^^^^
Last edited by eastsider on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

TommyHammer wrote:We have to start beating times like this at home. No one can tell me today is a decent point against Bournemouth.
This

I thought we were ok in parts but should be playing a striker or another attacking midfielder at home instead or Kouyate or Obiang

Didn’t have enough bodies getting forward and in attack, far too defensive as a whole

Big trouble is Lanzini is out for any time...

2 points dropped today
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

We’ve gained the same amount of points from WBA, Leicester, Newcastle and Bournemouth at home as we have done against Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham away. All credit to Moyes because we are harder to beat but I really would like to see us put these sides away.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3054 likes

Post by MB »

TommyHammer wrote:We’ve gained the same amount of points from WBA, Leicester, Newcastle and Bournemouth at home as we have done against Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham away. All credit to Moyes because we are harder to beat but I really would like to see us put these sides away.
I imagine Moyes would too. But we all know what happens when we try to attack these “lesser” sides. We lack the quality to do it.
Iron Mark
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018 ... g-progress

Lanzini looks like hamstring, Cresswell cramp so should be ok.