West Ham Utd 2-0 Watford (10/02/18)

An archive of match day threads originally posted in the General Discussion forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Re: West Ham Utd v Watford: match thread

Postby Diogenes on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Great result and good performances. Thoroughly deservred the 3 points. Anyone who says less is either a non attender or an idiot.
Diogenes

Postby coyi27 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Fantastic today. Top marks
coyi27

Postby hammer1975 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:51 pm

That was a very welcome result - and not one I expected, but the return of Arnie was key

Thought we looked really good in the first half, but were living dangerously when not holding the ball in the second half.

Three wins to go :thup:
hammer1975

Postby Ladzini on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:55 pm

Whilst it was a bit nervy at 1-0 we were by far the better side today.

Surprised by Watford really, they were very poor, but they are very similar to us in that they will get a massive result and then throw it away the week after.

Arnautovic knew he had them on toast and played like it all game until he tired.
Ladzini

Postby ryanrc on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Really happy to see the improvement of players under Moyes, and that's something we've not had in a manager for a long time. Antonio looks like he's had the rocket up his arse he's needed. Kouyate back to being Kouyate. Arnautovic is a world beater atm (and seems to absolutely love it here) and Ogbonna is unrecognisable. If we can back him in the summer with a few quality additions we could have a great season.

Lots to be positive about today. Well done lads. :scarfer:

Shout out for Chicha too who looks to be hitting top form. Really dangerous today and unlucky not to have at least a brace.
ryanrc

Postby Diogenes on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:15 pm

We won today and won well. I really do not understand the miserable posters on here. Get a life.
Diogenes

Postby wobble on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 pm

Hugh Jargon II wrote:What a great result. If we avoid I injuries we might just about get 40 points. We are a very average side imo. Need to keep Moyes and give him 50 million in the summer.

agreed, but i won't be happy with 50m, there should be a min of 80m, anything less and we've been had again.
wobble

Postby Stratford Hammer on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 pm

An excellent result and some committed performances. Arnautovic, Collins, Zabalete, Kayoute, they in particular played well today.

The voice will be absent come Monday morning.
Stratford Hammer

Postby chigwells finest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:05 am

great win , some great performances ( ogbonna & collins immense )

Delofoue is one whinny git
chigwells finest

Postby Hamburger on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:43 am

My mate said today that he counted 37 empty seats in his block. WTF is going on? I just watched MOD and there were hundreds of empty seats in the side areas. I’d be interested to know how many people actually turn up for a match rather than season tickets sold. Probably Baroness Brady’s middle class tourists who bought season tickets but can’t be arsed to go when it’s cold.
Last edited by Hamburger on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hamburger

Postby ironfireman on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:44 am

Just need manure, Bournemouth and the bin dippers to win tomorrow and it's been a fantastic weekend for us!
ironfireman

Postby rsnwhu on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:45 am

Good win and you could see the lads were playing as one and what it meant to them. Top marks.

Just one caveat. Our back line will be another year older next season.....does anyone really think that G and S are going to put their hands in their pockets for 2-3 new defensive players ?

Great stuff lads today but the issues the board is piling up for next season are mounting with every passing day, make no mistake.

The team that took the field reminded me of the club I love....full marks to the players and manager.

G and S though....still hiding and taking money away from the future......nothing has changed there.
rsnwhu

Postby burnsyboy on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:58 am

Hamburger wrote:.
My mate said today that he counted 37 empty seats in his block. WTF is going on? I just watched MOD and there were hundreds of empty seats in the side areas. I’d be interested to know how many people actually turn up for a match rather than season tickets sold. Probably Baroness Brady’s middle class tourists who bought season tickets but can’t be arsed to go when it’s cold.

Whole row in block next to us disappeared on 34mins and didn’t come back 2nd half?? Our block pretty much full bar the odd single seat. There were a lot of empty seats high up in the corners
burnsyboy

Postby goa127 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:11 am

Hamburger wrote:.

To be honest with the lack of trains from essex every weekend making the journey a nightmare at the moment I'm surprised as many turn up as they do. Brentwood-Stratford normal journey is 30mins. Using the rail replacement bus and tube it's 1 1/2 hours. Even though I'd looked forward to the game all week I felt tempted not to bother (glad I did).
goa127

Postby Headtheball on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:53 am

I thought it was a great game today. We put them under pressure in the first half and they had us under cosh in parts in the second half. I was in block 125 behind the goal and the 10 Spaniards next to us were fantastic singing 'Chicharito ' and swinging their scarves overhead. It made the atmosphere and the banter was hilarious towards the Watford fans. Seeing Chica score two goals was great. Arnie was immense and Adrians save from the free kick was brilliant. A Good day all round.
Headtheball

Postby -DL- on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 am

Diogenes wrote:Anyone who says less is either a non attender or an idiot.

Diogenes wrote:I really do not understand the miserable posters on here. Get a life.

Give it a rest constantly digging out other members and our support.
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby eastsider on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:43 am

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and result.
Moyes is doing fantastic and I am a very happy Hammer at the moment!! :thup:
eastsider

Postby hammerman11 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:49 am

Played well yesterday. should of had more and some very good performers in the team
arnie, Hernandez,kouyate, Collins,ogbonna, cresswell all had good games.

it was a must win game and we did. happy hammers all round. good laugh in 217 with the watford mongrels.

the watford fan in the white jacket took a fair amount of stick

great game all round

onto anfield, fancy an upset !
hammerman11

Postby Patito on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:53 am

Good performance, good result, I just hate that place.
Patito

Postby hammerman11 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:57 am

I hate it and would love to go back but we cant. days ike yesterday make you forget the crap seats, sterile environment, plastics, stop/go boards,etc.

I have my west ham routine carpeneters, ribman, west ham, carpenters

not the same as green street but bearable until we get new owners in 5 years or so
hammerman11

PreviousNext

Return to KUMB Match Threads