Swansea City 4-1 West Ham Utd (03/03/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

moore_bobby
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Re: Swansea City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by moore_bobby »

poplargeezer wrote:Today, I had to wade through 4ft deep snow, wait at my local train station for a train that never came, yet managed to get to the game 1 minute before kick off.
The team however didn't turn up. Other than Arnie all p*ss poor.
Why didn't Antonio start?
Why didn't we change to a 4-4-2 at half time?
Why did we sign Evra?
I thought Declan Rice was the best player today. I know he made 1 mistake, but, remember he's not a centre back and was played out of position.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

moore_bobby wrote:
I thought Declan Rice was the best player today. I know he made 1 mistake, but, remember he's not a centre back and was played out of position.
Rice not a center half?! Since when?
moore_bobby
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by moore_bobby »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Gold confronted after the game
Why have we suddenly got loads of classless fans (aka spurs fans). We all know Gold has almost no input/involvement in the operations of the club. Protest with class for f*** sake. That is just embarassing.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

moore_bobby wrote: Why have we suddenly got loads of classless fans (aka spurs fans).
How does that video suggest we have 'loads of classless fans'? Slag off the blokes who went too far and did that all you like but don't have a go at such a large proportion of our fans who had nothing to do with it. Posts like this divide the fans far more than the actions of those in the video, as stupid as they were.
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

moore_bobby wrote: Why have we suddenly got loads of classless fans (aka spurs fans). We all know Gold has almost no input/involvement in the operations of the club. Protest with class for f*** sake. That is just embarassing.
er, "suddenly" ?

:lol:
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Home Shirts for just £20 .
I'll have one, if they give me £20 as well, Tomos!
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

ryanrc wrote:How much did our back 6 cost today?
How many goals have we conceded over the last few years?
How much money have we spent on defensive players since G&S came in?
Enough said.
Their policy has always been one largish signing every summer on instalments with a load of cheapos around them.

The squad is too old by about 5 years on average.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

not sure you can blame Adrian too much apart from maybe the first. however would hart have saved any of them. Adrian made a few saves that stopped it be 6

rice is excused as he is young and we want young players in the team. I would start him every game at CB

too many soft players in the team now. if only we had 11 Arnie`s. at least he tries.

we need to drop kouyate cresswell noble Hernandez zabaleta evra replace with byran Antonio hughill Cullen browne

awful team awful tactics awful day !
smuts

Post by smuts »

Great work Sullivan selling one of our strikers back to a relegation rival while his knee jerk less than half the cost replacement warms the bench.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

why not give hughill a 30 min go in place of Hernandez who was so poor.

kouyate lanzini Hernandez cresswell were so poor yesterday and shouldn't play next game but probably will.

give browne Cullen Antonio rice byran a go.at least they will try and have some pace and passion
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Sadly can see only losses against, grafting, physical sides with a plan, Burnley, Stoke, 3 centre backs injured and we let Fonte leave, instead of staying the last few games with us, likewise selling Ayew to a relegation rival who conspires with brother to punish and humiliate us, and does so while they 'rock' and we roll over, relegation looms gentlemen, prepare yourselves, sadly the March has come 2 years too late :crest:
Last edited by rciron on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1032 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

moore_bobby wrote:Why have we suddenly got loads of classless fans
It's nothing new. They've been around since forever. They get more press now.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

We have the same amount of 'classless' fans as most other clubs. No more, no less.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Hammer Laffers wrote:Disgraceful performance. I have no words
I can lend you one 'ABJECT' you can give it me back when you've finished using it, no rush.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Moyes made the point before the game that he was concerned because he felt the team lacked sufficient preparation for the match. And it showed. This was largely due to not having undersoil heating at the training ground and no alternative. Swansea had the same problem, however trained the week at their stadium. For obvious reasons we did not have that option however, I find it incredible (incompetent even) that we had not planned for this eventuality by investing further in our training facilities knowing full well this would happen and no doubt will happen again. The lack of foresight is mind blowing and, personally, I am more aggrieved about this than our abject performance.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

I'd be interested to see what our possession was in the first half yesterday, I can say too much about the 2nd load of pony because we left after their penalty. The amount of times we kept passing it across the back line form player to player and eventually back to Adrian for him to attempt an upfield punt to either Big Boy Chica or nobody in particular was ridiculous. That team didn't really have a clue what to do with the ball unlike Swansea who had a plan, mainly pass to a team mate and attack our defence. I think most of our defensive problems stem from the fact that our midfield is weak, constantly overrun, if Noble has a bad game that' it, the team is knackered.
smuts

Post by smuts »

Diogenes wrote:Moyes made the point before the game that he was concerned because he felt the team lacked sufficient preparation for the match. And it showed. This was largely due to not having undersoil heating at the training ground and no alternative. Swansea had the same problem, however trained the week at their stadium. For obvious reasons we did not have that option however, I find it incredible (incompetent even) that we had not planned for this eventuality by investing further in our training facilities knowing full well this would happen and no doubt will happen again. The lack of foresight is mind blowing and, personally, I am more aggrieved about this than our abject performance.
:thup:
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Colours never run wrote:
The lack of motivation and aggression in our current plight is alarming. They should be bang up for it in these types of games at the very least and not just go through the motions strolling.

At the start of both halves they seem about as ready for battle as a blind man in a desert. They don't even look organised at set pieces anymore, something we used to be half decent at. Do they know what they're supposed to be doing?
CNR, we have been like this for years though, hasn't just happened in the last two seasons or so...... something somewhere is not right. Is it the training and fitness, is it the management, is it the players over the years have come to West Ham to pick up a wage packet for doing fk all, I don't know the answers....
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 97 likes

Post by danm79 »

Phil S wrote:What happened to Reid?
Yea Why Not wrote: Looked like a bad knee injury
He must have gone to the hospital for a scan or something as he got out of a car about 5.15pm in his kit and went to join the team to get showered and fly back with the team. He was walking fine, no crutches looked a bit groggy but that was it.
GreenIron
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by GreenIron »

Diogenes wrote:Moyes made the point before the game that he was concerned because he felt the team lacked sufficient preparation for the match. And it showed. This was largely due to not having undersoil heating at the training ground and no alternative. Swansea had the same problem, however trained the week at their stadium. For obvious reasons we did not have that option.
So every winter now we’ll have the same problem. A mixture of gross incompetence and not giving a **** from those running the club.

GSB out.