Swansea City 4-1 West Ham Utd (03/03/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Re: Swansea City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by chigwells finest »

we have the worst midfield in the country , we could play 3 sacks of maris pipers there and the result would be better, no creativity or help for the attack and very little help for the defence , which is nearly as poor . we bought 2 players in the window , both deemed not good enough to play yesterday, ( hilarious ) given the performances by kouyate and hernandez , i really think we are worse that avrams team that went down

if patrick evra is the answer , i really dont know what the question is tbh , I'm pretty sure Moyes would want 75% of this squad out , not good enough and the attitude stinks
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

poplargeezer wrote:.................................

Why did we sign Evra?
Because he's famous and Sullivan has heard of him (he used to play for Manchester United so he must be good) and he was free.

Maybe not in that order though.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Was on the phone to a mate of mine last night, he is not a hammer, he was well pissed after being drinking all day.

He was talking to me about our defeat to Swansea and he said "It was a difficult match for you as you were missing your two main defenders hiccup.. hiccup... eh,,,,, Ogbollins and Conor."

I suppose you had to be there :D
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

poplargeezer wrote:.................................

Why did we sign Evra?
Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Because he's famous and Sullivan has heard of him (he used to play for Manchester United so he must be good) and he was free.

Maybe not in that order though.
or just to prove the world we're not ****ing racists :o
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

ageing hammer wrote:Was on the phone to a mate of mine last night, he is not a hammer, he was well pissed after being drinking all day.
He was talking to me about our defeat to Swansea and he said "It was a difficult match for you as you were missing your two main defenders hiccup.. hiccup... eh,,,,, Ogbollins and Conor."
I suppose you had to be there :D
Didn't know David Sullivan was your mate, ageing.

Very funny btw!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

)
chigwells finest wrote:
if patrick evra is the answer , i really dont know what the question is tbh , I'm pretty sure Moyes would want 75% of this squad out , not good enough and the attitude stinks

It was him that wanted Evra here and start him in games once he's arrived over someone who played a blinder in the previous game. He also reluctantly plays Hernandez who only got back in the side as a last resort due to injury to Lanzini. I'm not sure we can trust his judgement when it comes to changing the squad fundamentally. It makes me feel uneasy to allow him to make sweeping changes these days.
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

It’s obvious Moyes is making a point to Antonio for his unprofessional conduct but surely not starting our only player with pace from midfield as a lesson is even more unprofessional and detrimental to the team? Something was wrong with that lot today, so many players looked unhappy (none more than Lanzini) and frustrated (aka Arnie & Chico). It reminded me of the Bilic days when you’d stare at the screen shaking your head in bewilderment. There are 3 obvious problems with the team 1. Midfield 2. Midfield 3. Midfield caused by Sullivan’s penny pinching transfer incompetence.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

He started him again recently vs Watford to great effect before he dropped him for the last 2 games for f*** all good reason for the geriatric kung fu kicker. :?
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Hammer.CA wrote:I'd be interested to see what our possession was in the first half yesterday, I can say too much about the 2nd load of pony because we left after their penalty. The amount of times we kept passing it across the back line form player to player and eventually back to Adrian for him to attempt an upfield punt to either Big Boy Chica or nobody in particular was ridiculous. That team didn't really have a clue what to do with the ball unlike Swansea who had a plan, mainly pass to a team mate and attack our defence. I think most of our defensive problems stem from the fact that our midfield is weak, constantly overrun, if Noble has a bad game that' it, the team is knackered.
I did look at the stats in the paper and unbelievably we had more possession, more passes and more tackles. Just shows how meaningless stats are in football
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

I think Moyes was correct in saying that they really didn't score great goals against us.
Only watching on motd highlights, my take on the goals.
1) From that far out (& it no way going to be on March's goal of the month selection) you would hope that an outfield player might have got in the way of it (if they had been near enough) or that Adrian might have got down a bit quicker to it. Neither happened & I guess you could say that Adrian may well have been unsighted at first.
2) Just awful, poor marking, all round. Sunday morning, over Wanstead Flats, standard.
3) Absolute fluke of a goal. Adrian makes a very good save, pushing the ball safely to his left & what happens? The ball smacks into L'Pea's face (WHY was he standing THERE?) & rebounds back across goal for a very easy tap in.
4) I actually have a lot of sympathy here for our favourite, headless chicken, Kouyate. He, slowly reacting to the ball with his right leg, had absolutely no idea that a man-possessed-Ayew, sprinting faster than he EVER did wearing Claret & Blue colours, was steaming up on his blind side. The resulting coming together was an accident. It wasn't a penalty & I wholeheartedly agreed with Cheik, shaking his head at the decision. A penalty should come from a deliberate action. Cheik didn't even know he was there.
Despite us having the better match stats, Swansea managed to find their best performance of the season.
Lucky us.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

chigwells finest wrote:we could play 3 sacks of maris pipers there and the result would be better
:lol:
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

goa127 wrote:
I did look at the stats in the paper and unbelievably we had more possession, more passes and more tackles. Just shows how meaningless stats are in football
Lies, damned lies and statistics.
gaptooth
Location: For the team - in a happy place. Board - in a dark place, with my head in my hands
Has liked: 145 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by gaptooth »

Hamburger wrote:.
There are 3 obvious problems with the team 1. Midfield 2. Midfield 3. Midfield caused by Sullivan’s penny pinching transfer incompetence.
Are you sure it's not - 1. Defence 2. Midfield 3. Attack!?
mboogers
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by mboogers »

chigwells finest wrote:we have the worst midfield in the country , we could play 3 sacks of maris pipers there and the result would be better,
Anyone know of any that are free agents? Even slotting one sack in there might shake things up.
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

Theres no way the board will pay for Maris Pipers, a mouldy old bag of Tesco value spuds maybe.
Colours never run

If its anyone who can negotiate with Spuds, it's Brady. She wants them to win the League, dontchyaknow..
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

chigwells finest wrote:we could play 3 sacks of maris pipers there and the result would be better,
But then we would turn into the Spuds :)
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere, but any connection between Moyes's pointed comment about lack of undersoil heating and the absence of Ogbonna and Collins on Sat (i.e. training injury)?
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

ageing hammer wrote:Ogbollins and Conor.
They sound Irish!
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

the celestial insect wrote:Sorry if mentioned elsewhere, but any connection between Moyes's pointed comment about lack of undersoil heating and the absence of Ogbonna and Collins on Sat (i.e. training injury)?
Didn't read that but if it's correct and we don't have undersoil heating on training pitches at Rush Green then that's ridiculous.