Swansea City 4-1 West Ham Utd (03/03/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

OnePaulHilton
Total likes: 17 likes

Re: Swansea City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by OnePaulHilton »

Only good thing to come out of today is, although they beat us 4-1, they are going to get relegated because they are trying to win the F A Cup.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Bolox!
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

Were such sh*t its unbelievable....
CLAP, CLAP,CLAP,CLAP
Were such sh*t its unbelievable...
CLAP, CLAP,CLAP,CLAP
CLAP, CLAP,CLAP,CLAP
CLAP, CLAP,CLAP,CLAP
:scarfer:
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Phil S wrote:What happened to Reid?
Yea Why Not wrote: Looked like a bad knee injury
Just proves what a f**k up it was to sell Fonte for £5m at the most crucial time of the season. Relegation will cost us £60m.

Onto the game. Absolutely f**king dreadful. Shameful performance. Manager, players, Board....bolloxs to them all. As another poster said, if they don't care, then sod them why should we?

So, so bad it's hard to express into words. I'm getting worried now, we turn up vs Burnley like that next week, we will get done. Lose that, I honestly think we will go down. I don't see where on the fixture list, we are going to pick up more points from?

Only games I see we might get something from is Burnley(H) next week & Stoke(H) in April.

We need 6pts from those games. Nothing less.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:
Just proves what a f**k up it was to sell Fonte for £5m at the most crucial time of the season. Relegation will cost us £60m.

Onto the game. Absolutely f**king dreadful. Shameful performance. Manager, players, Board....bolloxs to them all. As another poster said, if they don't care, then sod them why should we?

So, so bad it's hard to express into words. I'm getting worried now, we turn up vs Burnley like that next week, we will get done. Lose that, I honestly think we will go down. I don't see where on the fixture list, we are going to pick up more points from?

Only games I see we might get something from is Burnley(H) next week & Stoke(H) in April.

We need 6pts from those games. Nothing less.
I came on to say this - Cardiff says it better

Absolute f***ing shambles :cry:
Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by Humbug »

Just been looking at the highlights:

1st Goal - Lanzini really didn't make any effort to get close to Ki and imho , 'bottled' making any type of interception, almost pretending he was wrong footed. Noble could have intercepted but was incredibly slow . Adrian saw the ball late and it was curving away from him all the time.

2nd Goal - great corner delivery , Rice loses his marker too easily , goal .

3rd Goal - great corner delivery again , Adrian makes a cracking save but it hits Chico in the face and ricochets back for their player to head in.

4th Goal - Kouyate looking legless and slow, tries to control the ball rather than lump it out, but Ayew cleverly steps in from the blind side, in front of Cheik's foot , takes the hit and goes over.

I won't be unhappy if Kouyate never plays another game for West Ham as he has been consistently useless for over a year. He has no awareness , no positional sense , half-hearted in the tackle , no ball control and his goal threat is now zilch. Why does Moyes play him? Because he has no other options available.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Yea Why Not wrote:
Im not saying I want Hart back but I watched the game and a top level keeper saves their first goal today for sure. Pea roller from outside the box, Adrian couldnt sort his feet. He has an iffy moment almost every game and simply isnt good enough
Problem is that Hart's worst fault by far is that he is flat footed as hell and has been for years now
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

First on Match Of The Day!
Oh, b*ll**ks...
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Didn't see the game live, just watched a download. As **** as we were, and we got all we deserved by the way, how ****ing crap was Atkinson.. seriously.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

GaryP wrote:Didn't see the game live, just watched a download. As **** as we were, and we got all we deserved by the way, how ****ing crap was Atkinson.. seriously.
Ohhh, Andre needs his brother playing with him, poor lad, before he puts a shift in. Who knew?
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes

Post by e-20 »

Samba wrote:First on Match Of The Day!
Oh, b*ll**ks...
Brilliant I just missed it then while watching Portrait artist of the Year on replay. Damn sight more creative thats for sure, more talent, more effort and hey even got their hands dirty.
preston
Has liked: 15 likes

Post by preston »

Just got in after an eventful journey. We were out thought, out faught, out everything today. At board level it showed with the additions / investment they had made, and we hadn't. They looked to have a plan and system that everyone knew how to execute, we looked totally clueless and leaderless. They were first to everything all game, and whenever we had the ball it either ended up back with Adrian, or one of the defenders to hit a long hopeless ball up to their giant centre half so. Can't think of any positives after that.
PS big thanks to HammerCA, who went out of his way to make sure My daughter and I could witness it.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1856 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

Just woken up and having breakfast. I am still absolutely fuming. Utter shower of **** from top to bottom.
1. March on the 10th and make an absolute mess of their ***** promises.
2. Shysters, you too Brady. f*** off out of our club and never ever come back.
3. Players, sort your **** out and ****ing fast. Moyes that goes for you too. And Pearce.
4. Do not buy another piece of their merchandise.
5. Everything else.

51 years I have been supporting this club and I have never seen anything quite as disgusting and disrespectful as this and that is saying something. Gutless spineless whining nancies.

I saw us win two cup finals, watched real players play like men, win lose or draw, and now we are run by lying business shysters and represented on the pitch by utter pussies

You have made a laughing stock of the good men women and children of The East End and their history you utter bunch of ****'s (f)
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Humbug wrote:Just been looking at the highlights:

1st Goal - Lanzini really didn't make any effort to get close to Ki and imho , 'bottled' making any type of interception, almost pretending he was wrong footed. Noble could have intercepted but was incredibly slow . Adrian saw the ball late and it was curving away from him all the time.

2nd Goal - great corner delivery , Rice loses his marker too easily , goal .

3rd Goal - great corner delivery again , Adrian makes a cracking save but it hits Chico in the face and ricochets back for their player to head in.

4th Goal - Kouyate looking legless and slow, tries to control the ball rather than lump it out, but Ayew cleverly steps in from the blind side, in front of Cheik's foot , takes the hit and goes over.

I won't be unhappy if Kouyate never plays another game for West Ham as he has been consistently useless for over a year. He has no awareness , no positional sense , half-hearted in the tackle , no ball control and his goal threat is now zilch. Why does Moyes play him? Because he has no other options available.
Just shows how terrible our squad depth is and how few options the manager has. To be honest, we have numerous players, not just Kouyate, that have been poor for a significant amount of time but don’t seem to get dropped or replaced. Cresswell has been shocking for 2 years now and I genuinely cannot see how he still starts in the PL. Noble has been rubbish for ages, pops up with the odd overrated game / scores a penalty but because he’s local it’s ok. Lanzini has hardly done anything this season. Carroll has two or three good games a season. And this is without talking about our subs / reserve players / youth team (apart from Rice) who have made no impact whatsoever.

The squad is too old, contains too much deadwood and still has one of if not the worst injury records in the league. I think that many fans are either too biased or are simply kidding themselves when it comes to the quality of our squad. A lot of our players are very, very average - with some being below average - and I doubt many teams in the league would take them off our hands.

I also can’t believe we play wing backs (which arguably is the most athletic position on the pitch) with a combined age of 70. We have no legs or pace and the only player from the starting XI today who looks like they can actually run is Arnie.
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

When we were soundly beat by Liverpool you couldnt move in here for the posts that almost accepted the loss before we had even played because <quote> "we cant compete with a team that cost X amount assemble" etc etc

curious to know where these apologists go when we get humped by Swansea, Brighton, Watford or scrape draws v Palace and Bournemouth etc etc. Our fridge players scraping past Shrewsbury then losing to Wigan. How much did it cost to put those teams together ??

it's an appalling squad managed by a dour and tactically void Manager. End of...
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2691 likes
Total likes: 1787 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

The Losing By 3 Goals Or More Competition - Season 2017/18

Current Standings - Slaven Bilic 4 David Moyes 3

Stay tuned though , Folks as there's plenty more games to go yet , will David Moyes sneak up on the outside rail and pip Slaven Bilic to win this year's ' Losing By 3 Goals Or More Competition ' or will Slaven hang on in there - see y'all next week for what's sure to be a super dooper exciting game full of goals [ to the other side ] and don't forget , Home Shirts for just £20 .
Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by Humbug »

Pussies is the right word for several of our players (too many). Lanzini, Cresswell , Hernandez, Kouyate just don't like risking getting hurt in any tackles. Saw Burnley today and every single player went in hard against Everton to win the ball. They probably earn half as much as our squad of players but give 100% effort win , lose or draw. Too many weaklings in our squad and unsuited for the battle that is yet to come.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

How much did our back 6 cost today?
How many goals have we conceded over the last few years?
How much money have we spent on defensive players since G&S came in?
Enough said.
poplargeezer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

Today, I had to wade through 4ft deep snow, wait at my local train station for a train that never came, yet managed to get to the game 1 minute before kick off.
The team however didn't turn up. Other than Arnie all p*ss poor.
Why didn't Antonio start?
Why didn't we change to a 4-4-2 at half time?
Why did we sign Evra?