West Ham Utd 3-0 Southampton (31/03/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Re: West Ham United v Southampton Match Thread

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

That third goal-wow! If that was De Bruyne to Aguero Lineker and co would still be ****ing into their coffees this morning. Absolute class cross and finish.
OFT
Has liked: 2991 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Pop Robson wrote:Just watched MOTD and Mark Hughes was wearing a light blue shirt and claret tie yesterday, very strange choice for the opposition manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43524309" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smuts wrote:
Little hint to the board. Him and Arnie want to carry on their bromance :lol:
I thought it was camouflage in case Arnie went looking for him.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

dodger wrote:Will people now stop saying Masuaku can’t cross?

The lad is mustard. Not the finished article, but easily the best full back/wing back we have.
I'm having a slice of humble pie this morning, after that cross for the third.

Ok, the marking at the end of it was atrocious, but it was still a sensational piece of passing.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

However poor Saints were, can’t deny the side’s attitude and the way Moyes set them up was spot on.
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

Anywhere I can watch this online please?
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

dodger wrote:Will people now stop saying Masuaku can’t cross?

The lad is mustard. Not the finished article, but easily the best full back/wing back we have.
And there were people saying he should never play again for us after what was a stupid mistake that was severely punished. Welcome back Arthur, when you are in the groove you are a very good player. The pass to Arnie for the third goal was exquisite.

Isn't is great when we have so many candidates worthy of MOM? Now please Mr Conte, insult Arnie and get him really riled. :crest:
romfordneil
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by romfordneil »

bubbles500 wrote:Gabbiadini Austin Redmond tadic lemina front 5 this could be messy.
Did they have a shot between them? :lol:
Demo
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Demo »

prophet:marginal wrote:I'm having a slice of humble pie this morning, after that cross for the third.

Ok, the marking at the end of it was atrocious, but it was still a sensational piece of passing.
It was an awesome cross when you consider that he set it out past the wrong side of the first defender. I'd love to see it from behind the ball to see how much it bent in the air but it was pinpoint for Arnie; he didn't have to adjust his run at all.

Masuaku must be the leading contender for most improved player this year. It's taken him a while to get used to the Prem but he's one of the first names on the team sheet these days.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

If we ever become a decent team with solid midfielders (a big if granted) I would love to see Arthur worked on to become a proper attacking left back and not a wing back ( in the mould of Danny rose or Bertrand - who was gash yesterday though)
I don't think masuaku is anywhere near as bad as people make out defensively and with some proper coaching he would be very good.
Full backs have just as much opportunity to get forward as wing backs if the team is set up properly, and in fact often more so as the extra player in front gives them space to over lap
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by Coops »

What a day, what a night, what a headache I have this morning.
The crowd were bang up for it yesterday. I think most of us were determined to make as much noise as possible after the crap that has been written about us.
It was helped by the un-moyse like start, we were at them from the off. It was a great team performance, I though Masuaku played an absolute blinder, Cheik was if full beast most like we haven't seen from him so much lately, Marko is on a different planet, my favourite player at the moment.
That said Saints really were very poor, I can't see them getting out of the mire.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

duncanio wrote:Anywhere I can watch this online please?
Not sure about the full match but heres highlights http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018 ... hlights-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted
Last edited by the pink palermo on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Homophobic comment removed
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:That third goal-wow! If that was De Bruyne to Aguero Lineker and co would still be ****ing into their coffees this morning. Absolute class cross and finish.
Same with Barnes' overhead.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

One of our best performances I've seen for ages, we killed the game in 20 minutes, clinical finishing, pressed well, the goal just before half-time completely killed it and we was professional second half, all round top display, credit to Moyes and the players, couldn't ask for more, maybe Hugil a bit sooner to see what he can do.

Not his biggest fan as I think he has no end product but the cross and the finish was the third was glorious, hopefully we can have more of that.

Not playing Romeu for the Saints was sucidal, no protection for the back four but to be fair all of them looked dross, Redmond running down blind alleys, Betrand on the beach, Austin no where near sharp enough, Cedric looked dreadful and Hoedt at CB had won a competition
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Thought that fernandes really stood out for me yesterday. Passed it well and did a good job at joining up defence and attack. His tenacity was responsible for starting off the moves for two of our goals, and he also did a good job of helping zabaleta out on that right hand side on more than one occasion. A good solid all round performance
stevieboy
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by stevieboy »

Did anyone notice Hughes was dressed as if he was West Ham manager? Claret tie, blue shirt. Practicing for next season perhaps?
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

I hope that will kickstart the last few weeks of our season. A lot of plaudits have been given to Arnautovic ( with great reason) Kouyate and Rice, but I think that a lot of credit should go to Ogbonna who was my MOTM , Noble and Fernandes... and of course Moyes. To think with no Lanzini, Chicharito, Reid, Collins, Obiang, and then losing Antonio after 6 mins we would look like Barcelona
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

I feared the worst when I saw that bench. A timely reminder, regardless of injuries, of how much investment is needed.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Let’s all look forward to another year of struggling in this league, woo :raver:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

stevieboy wrote:Did anyone notice Hughes was dressed as if he was West Ham manager? Claret tie, blue shirt. Practicing for next season perhaps?
I can't see him and Arnie in the same club, and I know which one I'd rather have.