West Ham Utd 1-4 Manchester City (29/04/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Re: West Ham United v Manchester City: Match Thread

Post by Rio »

Ironing Board wrote:They brought on Toure as a sub, and he is better than anyone in this he West Ham squad

What about Wigan?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

As much as I and others clamour for Hernandez to be on the pitch, today was crying out for Andy Carroll to lump the ball up to and allow us a brief rest.

I’m so utterly sick of Arnautovic up top on his own. He’s made it work because he’s decent but for f*** sake somebody help him. We’ve got strikers galore on the bench every ****ing week.

I watched us simply walk up to Man City players today. Walk. I was going to make the effort and go to Leicester next week but if they can’t be ****ed nor can I.
flysohigh
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by flysohigh »

What about Wigan?[/quote]

A reply may take a while on this one as IB is now running data on 200 years of Wigan games to see if he can find one where Moyes Everton compares more favourably over a 30 second period.
Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by Humbug »

I think Zabaleta's comments in the media prior to the game said it all, He hoped that West Ham are able to bring in players with passion and commitment who will stay at the club for 4 or more years. He is basically saying that many of the current squad do not have passion or commitment and don't want to stay at the club.
Sky blue Manc
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Sky blue Manc »

We went easy on you today lads ;-) No Silva and Aguero. Could of been a rout if they had played

Chins up, we've been in far worse places than you lot only 20 years ago. You may be struggling now but I think you'll stay up. Good look in the future.

CTID.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

This is the team he should have played today

Adrian

Zaba
Ogbonna
Rice
Cresswell

Koyate DCM
Fernandez CM

Lanzini Rm
Arnie.....LM

Hernandez
Carroll.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Sky blue Manc wrote:We went easy on you today lads ;-) No Silva and Aguero. Could of been a rout if they had played

Chins up, we've been in far worse places than you lot only 20 years ago. You may be struggling now but I think you'll stay up. Good look in the future.

CTID.
Still had your own ground and identity though.

Why oh why did GSB not do to the OS what you lot did to the CoMS.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

MOTD2

Shearer. Just summed up our squad. Lazy cowards.

Wright. Just summed up our skipper. Bullshitter.

What a proud day for our club.
Last edited by Hugh Jargon on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 521 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Alan Shearer absolutely slaughtering us on motd2, very difficult to hear, but he is 100% bang on the money.
The fans that went today or have paid good season ticket money are being robbed.
I didn’t go today (am a season ticket holder) and glad I had better things to do today, rather than watch that disgrace. Yes, Man City are good, but no excuses for our players no giving there all. :thdn:
I hope the board are embarrrsed that there club look a laughing stock on national TV.
Yes Moyes could have set the team up better, but the players need to do more when they get on the pitch.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Shearer might be an elbow jockeying knobhead, but he's just summed up our team today - lazy and cowardly.

They turned up expecting to lose, and put in minimum effort. Man City won that by 3 goals at a canter.

Embarrassing, and yet people say the manager is the problem.

Imagine that performance 20 years ago at the BG.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 616 likes

Post by Croydon »

Shearer gets it due to the similarities between West Ham and Newcastle in terms of ownership.

It's a real shame that we seem to have lost some momentum to expose those charlatans for what they are, nationally.
Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by Humbug »

Moyes said they trained for this game without the ball so that's what they were doing , not attacking the ball. The same cowardly lazy players that weren't playing for Bilic are also not playing for Moyes . The basics for staying the PL league by working hard , having fight , passion and courage is alien to a large number of our squad . I hope we never see the likes of that sort of player ever setting foot in our club next season whether it be in the Champs or PL.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Humbug wrote:Moyes said they trained for this game without the ball so that's what they were doing , not attacking the ball. The same cowardly lazy players that weren't playing for Bilic are also not playing for Moyes . The basics for staying the PL league by working hard , having fight , passion and courage is alien to a large number of our squad . I hope we never see the likes of that sort of player ever setting foot in our club next season whether it be in the Champs or PL.
But changing managers five times a season will do the trick!
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Ironing Board wrote: But changing managers five times a season will do the trick!
Still waiting for our current manager to arrive.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by costa75 »

Shearer and Wright on MOTD2 have summed it up perfectly, as did Nobles interview after the match. With him as our captain, and an attitude like that, no wonder we keep getting tonked.

Today was beyond terrible, the complete lack of effort was shocking, even by our s*** standards.

New owners, new manager and new players are what is needed.
trevshead10may1980

Post by trevshead10may1980 »

Moyes has totally lost the plot, picking a has been like Evra to face the best attack in the country, and yet again leaving it too late to bring on a striker, he should have brought Carroll on at half time. I wish he would just go now, it can't get any worse. I bet he still picks the same team at Leicester.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Hamburger wrote:Mark Saggars on Talksport -

“And I’m afraid there are managers in the Premier League who are in the comfort zone as well, as the same old same old keep getting the same sort of jobs and they keep losing and they keep getting paid-off.
“They keep moving on with a back account that’s quadrupled, while the fans who stay behind are miserable and lacking in the one thing they want - to watch a team who goes out every week and does their best to their ability.
“And when a player here won’t be on under 30, 40, 50 grand a week, today is an absolute disgrace for Premier League football.”
So true, Moyes is on the wheel of managers who do an awful job at entertaining the fans, who keep getting jobs because of the money available in the league which makes owners choose PL safety over fans enjoyment. The fans in this country outside the top 6 are getting ****ing shafted by owners, owners who pick managers like Moyes because they think that they are safe options to keep the gravy flowing. Our league outside the top 6 ****ing sucks for entertainment.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Puff Daddy wrote:I think we will score one goal, but probably, just a consolation near the end of the match, by which time they will have already bagged five themselves
Should have been, Puff...
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Winning can be contagious....

Sadly so can losing..................

:x
Hamburger
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 449 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Shocking stat sums it up -

Yaya Toure completed more passes than any of the West Ham players despite playing for just 19 minutes.